Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
February 18, 2018, 09:01:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: What should be done to lower gas prices?
Allow drilling off shore and in Alaska
Allow drilling off shore, but not Alaska
Develop more oil from the lands the oil companies already have.
Take over Iraq and Iran
None of the above

Pages: 1 ... 1001 1002 [1003] 1004 1005 ... 1042
  Print  
Author Topic: Bush Administration  (Read 87829 times)
josh
Superhero Member

Bohemian, indeed

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15030 on: February 08, 2018, 11:40:16 PM »

About that stock panic...

https://lbo-news.com/2018/02/08/about-that-stock-panic/

Of course, we are down another thousand today. Can't wait to hear who Trump blames for it!

Lex clavatoris designati rescindenda est.
josh
Superhero Member

Bohemian, indeed

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15031 on: February 08, 2018, 11:47:09 PM »

About that parade...

51,000 Military Times readers responded to an informal poll. 89% of them opposed the parade idea.

(It's up to 73k, now, and down to 88% opposed.)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 11:51:00 PM by josh » Logged

facilitatorn

remember when the knicks were fun?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15032 on: February 08, 2018, 11:48:40 PM »

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/john-kelly-seeks-reassure-staff-after-porter-resignation-roils-white-n846186

I am sure the staff is reassured, now that John "He has a lot of integrity" Kelly has told them how seriously the White House takes domestic abuse.
They know they can stay on as long as no evidence becomes public. That must be a big relief for most of these upstanding characters.

Into the shattered ruins stepped the Don
NYKnicks12

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15033 on: February 09, 2018, 12:00:59 AM »

GOP runs the Senate, House and Presidency and the government is closing down again... these guys can’t govern.
FlyingVProd

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15034 on: February 09, 2018, 01:46:21 AM »

Instead of building walls, we need to make our immigrants legal like Reagan did, and then we need to have a Good Neighbor policy which allows Canadians and Mexicans to come to live in the USA legally, and they can work here and they can go to school here, and they can have a special path to citizenship.

And we need to take steps to alleviate the poverty in Latin America, as we also seek to improve the economy of the USA. Cooperation can be mutually beneficial. Detroit can send auto parts to Brazil, and the people in Brazil can assemble the cars, to be sold in India, as the economy in India improves then India will buy a lot more cars. Bicycles and motorcycles can also be manufactured in Brazil to be sold in India. And there are the jobs of the future, for clean energy, etc. We need to work together with Latin America to help to lift them up, and we can also benefit. And the Catholic Church, and Christian preachers, need to expand to help more people in Latin America. We need to alleviate the horrible poverty that is fueling horrible crime rates and suffering and political instability, etc. And if Venezuela had a good economy and if everyone had jobs then they would not be going through what they are going through, they supported Chavez because they were desperate and it has been all bad since then, it went from bad to worse. If the nations of Latin America were all wealthy like Italy, France, Spain, Greece, etc, then they would have lower crime, and they would be better neighbors.  

Colombia is a success story because we worked together with Colombia as a team. The economy has improved in Colombia and the crime rate has dropped, and they have gained a lot more stability.

We need to make our immigrants legal, like Reagan did, and we need to work more closely with our good neighbors here in the Western Hemisphere. NO WALL!

And Mexico is California's number one trade partner, we need to expand on that and keep growing. Prosperity is good for everyone.

Salute,

Tony V.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 02:08:44 AM by FlyingVProd » Logged
josh
Superhero Member

Bohemian, indeed

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15035 on: February 09, 2018, 02:33:42 AM »

http://washingtonpress.com/2018/02/06/retired-army-general-just-gave-epic-response-trumps-military-parade-demand/

After reading the New York Times report, retired Army Major General Paul D. Eaton released a scathing statement on VoteVets.org, and he didn’t mince words.

“Donald Trump has continually shown himself to have authoritarian tendencies, and this is just another worrisome example,” his barrage opens.  He was just getting warmed up.

“For someone who just declared it was ‘treasonous’ to not applaud him, and for someone who has, in the past, admired tactics of everyone from Saddam Hussein to Vladimir Putin, it is clear that a military parade isn’t about saluting the military – it’s about making a display of the military saluting him.”

FlyingVProd

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15036 on: February 09, 2018, 03:32:11 AM »

George W. Bush made his first foreign trip as President to visit Mexico, and George W. Bush traveled all over Latin America, becoming the first U.S. President to visit many Latin American nations. W. had a lot of plans to help the people of Latin America, before 9/11 happened, and then all of the attention turned to the Middle East, and all of the money went to the Middle East, instead of using it here in the Western Hemisphere to help to lift up our friends and allies and neighbors here in the Western Hemisphere. And also, we could have spent that money here in the USA on high speed trains and stuff.

I sure pray that we made progress and that things improved in the Middle East, and that it continues to improve, but it does not look good, it is such a struggle. I hope they appreciate the sacrifice that we made for them. Now, they need to help themselves. We can help a little, but we have work to do here in the Western Hemisphere. 

And we need to reward the behaviors that we support, and we need to stop rewarding behaviors which we disagree with. We need to reward the good, and punish the bad, and certainly not reward the bad. We need to build up our allies here in the Western Hemisphere, this place is falling apart because of neglect. We need to spend some money improving conditions here in the Western Hemisphere. We do not need any walls, we need to work together with them to improve things. And we can all benefit. 

W. had some good ideas early on about improving things here in the Western Hemisphere, and in Latin America, and maybe he can lead groups of people working together to perhaps achieve some of his ideas that he had when he was speaking about "From the top of Alaska to the bottom of Chile..."

We need teamwork here in the Western Hemisphere. And Europe can help too. We can even have the Australians on our team.

Salute,

Tony V.
bambu

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15037 on: February 09, 2018, 04:15:38 AM »

Schindlers List is on my tv now.
Jews being dispossessed, humiliated at every turn, then exterminated in death chambers by Nazi Germany [elected by the People].

No surprise that the Jews who are left have decided to "Look after ourselves first in this world, because nobody else will"

Oddly enough, bambu, your ignorance of Jews is even more profound than your ignorance of everything else.

I speak as a Jew, in this instance.

Expanding settlements...sure looks like self-looking-after-first in my eyes.
bambu

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15038 on: February 09, 2018, 04:22:12 AM »

Defending liars, thieves, abusers, and pedophiles....heavens, being a GOP loyalist must be exhausting!  I don't know where Kid gets the energy!

Who knew Warren Zevon was clairvoyant?

Well, I went home with the waitress
The way I always do
How was I to know
She was with the Russians, too

I was gambling in Havana
I took a little risk
Send lawyers, guns and money
Dad, get me out of this

Simple solutions...

Don't go home with waitresses...and don't gamble in Havana.

where's the fun in that?

There's fun in being happy that you didn't suffer harm.
FlyingVProd

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15039 on: February 09, 2018, 05:42:41 AM »

Schindlers List is on my tv now.
Jews being dispossessed, humiliated at every turn, then exterminated in death chambers by Nazi Germany [elected by the People].

No surprise that the Jews who are left have decided to "Look after ourselves first in this world, because nobody else will"

Oddly enough, bambu, your ignorance of Jews is even more profound than your ignorance of everything else.

I speak as a Jew, in this instance.

Expanding settlements...sure looks like self-looking-after-first in my eyes.

The Jews help each other, they work together as a team. They are not going it alone. If you are Jewish, then other Jews will help you.

Also of note, the Christians support the Jews too, and Israel is the Holy Land of the Christians. The USA supports Israel strongly, and the USA welcomes Jewish immigrants. Some of the most prominent Americans are Jewish.

Salute,

Tony V.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 05:48:42 AM by FlyingVProd » Logged
MrUtley3
Superhero Member

X'Cessive Mercenary

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15040 on: February 09, 2018, 06:33:55 AM »

Of course, we are down another thousand today. Can't wait to hear who Trump blames for it!

NO panic. A correction.

Does anyone know where the love of God goes
When the waves turn the minutes to hours?
MrUtley3
Superhero Member

X'Cessive Mercenary

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15041 on: February 09, 2018, 06:36:41 AM »

Chaney, Goodman and Schwerner murder case in Mississippi.

They only got that Gene Hackman movie because two of them were white, right, barton?

White privilege.

FYA

MrUtley3
Superhero Member

X'Cessive Mercenary

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15042 on: February 09, 2018, 06:41:03 AM »

Kudos to Rand Paul for calling out the McConnell-Ryan Congress for their IRRESPONSIBLE SPENDING and putting the nation at further risk by pushing the debt ceiling even higher.

Lone cry in the wilderness, however.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/02/08/congress-massive-budget-deal-2018-398189

Yet the Senate vote came only after Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) refused to allow any action on the measure before the midnight funding deadline, triggering the second government shutdown in three weeks and an embarrassing outcome for the GOP-controlled Congress.

Members of the military are pictured. | Getty Images
PRIMARY SOURCE
We Swore to Defend the United States. But We Can’t Get to Boot Camp Without DACA.
By WILLIAM MEDEIROS
Paul blocked consideration of the measure because he didn't get a vote on an amendment to keep Congress under strict budget caps, as well as stripping the debt limit from the package. GOP and Democratic leaders in the Senate feared if they let Paul proceed with his proposal, other senators would seek to amend the underlying deal as well. So they refused to allow a vote on Paul's proposal.

Paul countered by delaying Senate consideration of the bill as long as possible, a move that angered McConnell and other top Republicans. Paul didn't seem to care.

"There's only so much I can do. This is a silly thing about it. I can keep them here until 3 a.m. I will make them listen to me," Paul said on Fox News.

With a shutdown only hours away, McConnell tried to set up a vote on the budget deal beginning at 6 p.m. But Paul objected.

McConnell then pleaded with senators to accept a procedural vote and allow the Senate to move a deal that Trump backs.

"The president of the United States supports the bill and is waiting to sign it into law. I understand my friend and colleague from Kentucky does not join the president in supporting the bill," McConnell said. "It's his right, of course, to vote against the bill. But I would argue that it's time to vote."

Paul told POLITICO on Thursday evening that he would not consent to congressional leaders' plan without a vote on his amendment. He ended up never getting that vote.

Bunch of pussies.

kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #15043 on: February 09, 2018, 07:30:29 AM »

NO panic. A correction.

To each his own

I guess Josh panicked. 
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #15044 on: February 09, 2018, 07:31:26 AM »

Rand Paul is running for President again, obviously.
Pages: 1 ... 1001 1002 [1003] 1004 1005 ... 1042
  Print  

Jump to: