Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
June 21, 2018, 02:49:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: What should be done to lower gas prices?
Allow drilling off shore and in Alaska
Allow drilling off shore, but not Alaska
Develop more oil from the lands the oil companies already have.
Take over Iraq and Iran
None of the above

Pages: 1 ... 1068 1069 [1070] 1071 1072 ... 1425
  Print  
Author Topic: Bush Administration  (Read 153770 times)
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16035 on: February 26, 2018, 03:07:46 PM »

kid do you ever wonder if Trump weren't riding the wave of the ongoing Obama recovery, where his approval rating, already scraping lows, might be?

I think you have to reword this one.
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16036 on: February 26, 2018, 03:45:02 PM »

Obama a -20, -11  (strong approve, disappprove - overall approve, disapprove) at this point in his second year, by the way.  Trump now at -6, EVEN.

Maybe they are just polling Republicans

heh

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/obama_approval_index_history#history_data_20100226

« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 03:48:35 PM by kidcarter8 » Logged
facilitatorn
Superhero Member

remember when the knicks were fun?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16037 on: February 26, 2018, 03:48:49 PM »

Obama a -20, -11  (strong approve, disappprove - overall approve, disapprove) at this point in his second year, by the way.  Trump now at -6, EVEN.

Maybe they re just polling Republicans

heh

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/obama_approval_index_history#history_data_20100226

Hence their great success in the fluffing business.

Into the shattered ruins stepped the Don
REDSTATEWARD
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16038 on: February 26, 2018, 03:49:20 PM »

Red,

California pop: 39.5 million
Wyoming pop: 585,000

CA electoral: 55
Wyoming:       3

Why does a state with 70 times the population only have 18 times the electoral votes?
Please explain how this apportionment, where a WY vote is worth 4 CA votes, is fair and democratic.

U.S. Constitution - Article 2 Section 1
BTW, Correct apportionment is California has 53 Times the Wyoming electoral vote.
See one-man one vote.

Without the Electoral College Republicans would have won only one national election in the last 30 years, so he knows it has to be a good thing.
Nice flight of fancy not to mention totally irrelevant.
facilitatorn
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16039 on: February 26, 2018, 03:56:54 PM »

Kid’s fluffy outlier is about 12 points off from the myriad of polls produced by outfits that don’t emulate Toadie from the Gummy Bears cartoons, 12 points more favorable to Dukey.

This might be too much data for the modern trump-chump to take in

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/voters/

evvie

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16040 on: February 26, 2018, 04:05:16 PM »

Can somebody explain why this is an appropriate thing for a Lieutenant Governor to do/say?

http://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/375646-georgia-lt-gov-threatens-delta-unless-it-restores-relationship-with-nra

I can understand why he would be upset that this group he believes in has been somehow diminished (and clearly he believes more harm has been done to the NRA by Delta's action than Mr. Ward seems to think has happened), but this tone doesn't seem appropriate.
facilitatorn
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16041 on: February 26, 2018, 04:06:03 PM »

Red,

Wyoming:       3

Why does a state with 70 times the population only have 18 times the electoral votes?
Please explain how this apportionment, where a WY vote is worth 4 CA votes, is fair and democratic.

BTW, Correct apportionment is California has 53 Times the Wyoming electoral vote.
See one-man one vote.

Without the Electoral College Republicans would have won only one national election in the last 30 years, so he knows it has to be a good thing.

Electoral college reform would be a lot easier if a million or so citizens from PR move to Idaho, Wyoming, North and South Dakota and start putting patriotic sensible Americans into office, especially in the Senate and Governorships, instead of republicans. It could also be a rapid path to really addressing climate change instead of rudely undressing what’s left of our natural spaces through quick buck extraction thinking.

evvie

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16042 on: February 26, 2018, 04:06:46 PM »

Those are pretty funny, but why would people keep sending this man their requests when he was so obviously messing with their minds?!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 04:14:11 PM by evvie » Logged
facilitatorn
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16043 on: February 26, 2018, 04:09:16 PM »

Can somebody explain why this is an appropriate thing for a Lieutenant Governor to do/say?

http://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/375646-georgia-lt-gov-threatens-delta-unless-it-restores-relationship-with-nra

I can understand why he would be upset that this group he believes in has been somehow diminished (and clearly he believes more harm has been done to the NRA by Delta's action than Mr. Ward seems to think has happened), but this tone doesn't seem appropriate.

He needs their backing if he ever wants to run for Governor or for Congress. If he doesn’t run or runs and fails he has a nice clip to play when he applies to be one of their lobbyists.

bankshot1
Superhero Member

A non-card carrying citizen of RSN since 1957

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16044 on: February 26, 2018, 04:15:49 PM »

kid do you ever wonder if Trump weren't riding the wave of the ongoing Obama recovery, where his approval rating, already scraping lows, might be?

I think you have to reword this one.

No need to kid, your inability to answer questions you don't like the answers to has been amply demonstrated.

I suspect if (probably more like "when" and not if) Trump screws up the 8-year Obama economic and equity market recoveries, he'd lose the support of most of his base of deplorables (~35%). And maybe be left with the truly hardcore incorrigible deplorables, Donnie Jr, Eric, and Ramsey Bolton, and Joffrey. Basically those with no moral grounding, who just don't know better.  

"Hank Steinbrenner?
What a bunch of
(expletive) that is!"

-Red Sox Nation
NeedsAdjustments
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16045 on: February 26, 2018, 04:16:35 PM »

Nice flight of fancy

No, fact.  Republicans won the majority vote once in the last 30 years.

not to mention totally irrelevant.

100% relevant to you, which was my point.  You can't actually launch a convincing argument for the EC.  You only know that it has been good for Republicans. So you instinctively defend it.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 04:21:04 PM by NeedsAdjustments » Logged
NeedsAdjustments
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16046 on: February 26, 2018, 04:18:11 PM »

Obama a -20, -11  (strong approve, disappprove - overall approve, disapprove) at this point in his second year, by the way.  Trump now at -6, EVEN.

Maybe they are just polling Republicans

heh

If you wanted the board to take your polling analysis more seriously, kidcarter8, I'd suggest you cite more than one (obviously flawed) polling source.

Its just not that interesting to know what Rasmussen only has to say.  What were the polling averages, kidcarter8?
REDSTATEWARD
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16047 on: February 26, 2018, 04:24:50 PM »

Red,

Wyoming:       3

See one-man one vote.

My figures are correct.
They are not even close.

Why should a state with 70 times the population of Wyoming only have 18 times its electoral votes?  
It doesnt, it has 53 Times the Electoral votes that Wyoming has.
I can’t believe you are so ignorant on such a basic element of our democracy like the Electoral College.
The US Census in 2010counted 309,250,000 Americans ( rounded). Dividing that figure by 435 US Congressional Districts you get 711,000 (rounded).  Up to 711,000 people is the minimum needed to qualify for ONE Congressional district in a state. Wyoming has 585,000 TOTAL residents meaning the state gets one Congressional District worth one Electoral vote.  California had 38 million residents in the last census. Dividing that number by 711,000 gives the state 53 Congressional Districts and 53 Electoral votes.
Since Article 2 Section 1 gives each state 2 Electoral votes for its US Senators that makes Wyoming’ s 3 Electoral votes and California’s 55.
All the rest of your post is gibberish.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 04:27:42 PM by REDSTATEWARD » Logged
REDSTATEWARD
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16048 on: February 26, 2018, 04:34:55 PM »

Nice flight of fancy

No, fact.  Republicans won the majority vote once in the last 30 years.

not to mention totally irrelevant.

100% relevant to you, which was my point.  You can't actually launch a convincing argument for the EC.  You only know that it has been good for Republicans. So you instinctively defend it.
i don’t have to defend the Electoral College. It is a bedrock principle of our democracy.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 04:46:49 PM by REDSTATEWARD » Logged
Itz ME!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16049 on: February 26, 2018, 04:38:12 PM »

When they made the "Harry Potter" movies, J.K. Rowling said that they could only hire British actors, and they had to shoot the movies in England, from what I understand, she wanted to help the people of her homeland. But, they were allowed to do the Wizzarding World Of Harry Potter at Universal.

I have a script for a film that I helped to write, and I own it, and I decided that my film has to be made here in Hollywood, with American actors. I was contacted early on by a producer in Canada who wanted me to bring my project to Canada, and I told him that my project has to be made here in Hollywood, my script is a Hollywood script. I will shoot it here. I will make films in Italy later on, and stuff, but I want the project that I have now to be shot in Hollywood, and I want to help to create local jobs for Americans.

And other Americans need to do the same thing, when you invent a new product, or write a movie script, or whatever, demand that it be made here in the USA.

People also need to support American jobs by buying products which were made in America.

Salute,

Tony V.

If you were to take the Canadian offer, mightn't that give you a greater chance of having future projects produced where you would like them to be done, increasing total jobs?

I don't really know how the movie industry works, so my question could be totally off base, in which case I apologize.

That is not what J.K. Rowling did, she demanded jobs for the British right out of the gate, she started out making demands. She knew the quality of her work, and she set conditions on her own terms. And what if one film was all that she was able to make?

And I did not think twice about it, when the guy in Canada asked me to bring my project to Canada, I told him that my script is a Hollywood movie, and that it needs to be made in Hollywood.

Certainly J.K. Rowling already had the success of her book to back her up, but she still did it all on her own terms.

It would have been nice to have been working and making films this whole time since then however. I have wasted a lot of time just trying to get the money to make my movie. Almost twenty years. Maybe I should have went to Canada and I could have been working and getting money and experience, but it never entered my mind at the time. I had faith in Hollywood, and that I could make my movie here. Hollywood is not dead yet, I still plan to make my movie here.

Salute,

Tony V.

So how many copies of your script's story have sold?

JK Rowling had about 4 best selling books before they settled down to shooting the movie of the first one.

Do what you want. But if you're going to pretend you're JK Rowling, you have to have a track record of JK Rowling level Success to back it up.
Pages: 1 ... 1068 1069 [1070] 1071 1072 ... 1425
  Print  

Jump to: