Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
June 20, 2018, 06:48:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: What should be done to lower gas prices?
Allow drilling off shore and in Alaska
Allow drilling off shore, but not Alaska
Develop more oil from the lands the oil companies already have.
Take over Iraq and Iran
None of the above

Pages: 1 ... 1078 1079 [1080] 1081 1082 ... 1423
  Print  
Author Topic: Bush Administration  (Read 153612 times)
LesMiserables

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16185 on: February 27, 2018, 03:46:52 PM »

the real trump scandal and his "dishonor roll":

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/02/diogenes-on-the-potomac/554240/
FlyingVProd

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16186 on: February 27, 2018, 03:48:09 PM »

Here is a link for a new newspaper in Palmdale, California, which has all good news...

https://www.scribd.com/document/372542775/March-2018

My friend Larry Hobson is the editor, and owner, and contributor. 

One interesting article, is one where he suggests that people should not have to pay property taxes after the age of seventy. 

Salute,

Tony V.
LesMiserables

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16187 on: February 27, 2018, 03:48:38 PM »

and then there's this shameful attempt to keep trying pack his administration with sycophants and suck-ups:

https://www.axios.com/exclusive-trump-privately-pushing-personal-pilot-to-run-faa-1519595187-5a735cc4-63e6-4348-b980-1aadf0b8e80d.html

evvie

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16188 on: February 27, 2018, 04:13:20 PM »

and then there's this shameful attempt to keep trying pack his administration with sycophants and suck-ups:

https://www.axios.com/exclusive-trump-privately-pushing-personal-pilot-to-run-faa-1519595187-5a735cc4-63e6-4348-b980-1aadf0b8e80d.html

As I read about the pilot, he sounds more qualified to lead his position than many of the Cabinet officials have proven to be, to this point.
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16189 on: February 27, 2018, 04:18:43 PM »

Sorry, no offense - this is just too funny not to share:

I cross river,

Poor and broke,

Take bus,

See employment folk.

Nice man

Treat me good in there,

Say I need

Go see Welfare.

Welfare say,

'You come no more,

We send cash

Right to your door.'

Welfare checks,

They make you wealthy,

Medicaid

It keep you healthy!

By and by,

Got plenty money,

Thanks to you, TAXPAYER dummy.

Write to friends

In motherland,

Tell them

'come, fast as you can'

They come in buses

And Chevy trucks,

I buy big house

With welfare bucks.

They come here,

We live together,

More welfare checks,

It gets better!

Fourteen families,

They moving in,

But neighbor's patience

Wearing thin.

Finally, white guy

Moves away,..

I buy his house,

And then I say,

'Find more aliens

For house to rent.'

In my yard

I put a tent.

Send for family

They just trash,

But they, too,

Draw welfare cash!

Everything is

Very good,

Soon we own

Whole neighborhood..

We have hobby

It called breeding,

Welfare pay

For baby feeding.

Kids need dentist?

Wife need pills?

We get free!

We got no bills!

TAXPAYER crazy!

He pay all year,

To keep welfare

Running here.

We think America

Darn good place!

Too darn good

For white man race.

If they no like us,

They can go,

Got lots of room

In Mexico .

SEND THIS TO EVERY TAXPAYER YOU KNOW
evvie

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16190 on: February 27, 2018, 04:48:02 PM »

My mom taught me well about what it means when somebody starts a line with "no offense..."

It means be prepared to be offended, usually by somebody who will insist they didn't mean anything by it and you should take a "joke". Even though they usually can't.
evvie

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16191 on: February 27, 2018, 04:59:51 PM »

I thought this was funny. It's the Roman Forum with an uncommon guest.
NYKnicks12
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16192 on: February 27, 2018, 05:07:35 PM »

That ain’t funny, McGee...
FlyingVProd

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16193 on: February 27, 2018, 05:18:06 PM »

There is a myth that hard working middle class Americans pay taxes to support the illegal immigrants. Some people are trying to turn the poor working people against the illegal immigrants by telling the poor working people that their hard earned tax money is going to help illegals....

"Undocumented immigrants do not qualify for welfare, food stamps, Medicaid, and most other public benefits. Most of these programs require proof of legal immigration status and under the 1996 welfare law, even legal immigrants cannot receive these benefits until they have been in the United States for more than five years."

http://money.cnn.com/2014/11/20/news/economy/immigration-myths/index.html

It is a myth. The illegal immigrants come here to work. And the illegals pay sales tax, etc.

We need to do like President Reagan did, and we need to make the immigrants legal, so that we can bring them out of the shadows so that they can legally work and pay taxes, and join labor unions, etc, and so that they can call the police in the case of an emergency, etc. We need to make all of the immigrants legal like Reagan did, and we need to create a special "GOOD NEIGHBOR" policy for our good neighbors Canada and Mexico, and we need to allow Canadians and Mexicans to legally live and work in the USA, and we need to allow them to go to school here, etc, and then we need to have a special path to citizenship for them.

Also of note is that Mexico is California's number one trade partner, Mexico helps the economy of California, that is why California has the sixth leading economy in the world all by itself. California is as wealthy as France, all alone. We need to work together with our good neighbors, and we do not need any walls.

Instead of being angry with the Mexicans for coming to California to pick strawberries, etc, the poor middle class Americans need to be angry with companies for sending all of the jobs to China, to take advantage of communist slave labor. Many American companies have no loyalty to Americans, they only care about money and the bottom line. It is time for Americans to turn their anger where it should be turned.

It reminds me of the Civil War, when the wealthy slave-owners in the South duped the poor Southerners into fighting the war for them, by telling them that it was about state's rights and stuff instead of being about slavery. It was about slavery, and the poor white Southerners should have told the wealthy slave-owners to pound sand.

Salute,

Tony V.
whiskeypriest
Superhero Member

Life is skittles and life is beer.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16194 on: February 27, 2018, 05:19:13 PM »

Does Marist poll likely voters?

Do they poll equally between party affiliation, unlike CNN?

Do you know?

Do you care?
They poll a broad demographic and adjust according to their demographic model. Like every single polling firm on God's good.earth.

And they do not ask if the polled are likely voters. The answers are not reliable. They make that judgement based on demographics, not poll responses. Read up on polling a little.

What does it matter?  All is grace.
NYKnicks12
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16195 on: February 27, 2018, 05:26:41 PM »

As I read about the pilot, he sounds more qualified to lead his position than many of the Cabinet officials have proven to be, to this point.

I dunno...

I don’t put much stock in this website but I saw the Maddow segment last night and the guy sounds like a decent pilot but a half-assed administrator.

https://www.politicususa.com/2018/02/26/rachel-maddow-faa.html
whiskeypriest
Superhero Member

Life is skittles and life is beer.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16196 on: February 27, 2018, 05:44:22 PM »

So is this: you are a racist. Hah hah hah hah.  That always makes me bust a gut.

What does it matter?  All is grace.
NeedsAdjustments
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16197 on: February 27, 2018, 05:52:58 PM »

So is this: you are a racist. Hah hah hah hah.  That always makes me bust a gut.

I keep asking him not to dump his trash here...

Another poster here who deserves Trump.
NeedsAdjustments
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16198 on: February 27, 2018, 05:56:53 PM »

Another right-wing conspiracy falls apart:

http://www.tampabay.com/florida-politics/buzz/2018/02/27/shooting-survivors-father-admits-email-changes-in-cnn-spat/
bankshot1
Superhero Member

A non-card carrying citizen of RSN since 1957

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16199 on: February 27, 2018, 05:57:07 PM »

I dunno...

I don’t put much stock in this website but I saw the Maddow segment last night and the guy sounds like a decent pilot but a half-assed administrator.

https://www.politicususa.com/2018/02/26/rachel-maddow-faa.html

Melania nixed Donald's first choice, Baron Trump, and chided the President, that an ability at folding a paper airplane was hardly a qualification to head the FAA.

kid-that was hilarious.

But where was the stanzas about welfare Cadillacs or drug-dealing rapists?

"Hank Steinbrenner?
What a bunch of
(expletive) that is!"

-Red Sox Nation
Pages: 1 ... 1078 1079 [1080] 1081 1082 ... 1423
  Print  

Jump to: