Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
June 25, 2018, 03:21:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: What should be done to lower gas prices?
Allow drilling off shore and in Alaska
Allow drilling off shore, but not Alaska
Develop more oil from the lands the oil companies already have.
Take over Iraq and Iran
None of the above

Pages: 1 ... 1098 1099 [1100] 1101 1102 ... 1438
  Print  
Author Topic: Bush Administration  (Read 156006 times)
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16485 on: March 04, 2018, 12:16:32 PM »

Ever hear of an amendment?
yankguy
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16486 on: March 04, 2018, 12:17:37 PM »

I'm sure the President hasn't.

I will want to dive beneath the white cascading waters. She may beg, she may plead, she may argue with her logic.
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16487 on: March 04, 2018, 12:19:20 PM »

Imagine - you were hoping he'd stop at 4 years.  Now you know he is going 8.  And may lobby for more....

heh
yankguy
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16488 on: March 04, 2018, 12:25:42 PM »

Lobbying for more!!!

You two should have a dumb-off.

I will want to dive beneath the white cascading waters. She may beg, she may plead, she may argue with her logic.
NYKnicks12
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16489 on: March 04, 2018, 12:27:49 PM »

Imagine - you were hoping he'd stop at 4 years.  Now you know he is going 8.  And may lobby for more....

heh

I’m hoping he’ll stop fucking up at a thousand miles per hour. All this stuff he does is a distraction while the GOP donor class literally loot the treasury and fuck over future generations.

For some reason you’re skipping and squealing like that pig in the Geico commercials... no, screw that. This is what you want. You want “Law and Order” as long as you’re in the preferred group.

Achtung, y’all...
yankguy
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16490 on: March 04, 2018, 12:31:37 PM »

heh

I’m hoping he’ll stop fucking up at a thousand miles per hour. All this stuff he does is a distraction while the GOP donor class literally loot the treasury and fuck over future generations.

For some reason you’re skipping and squealing like that pig in the Geico commercials... no, screw that. This is what you want. You want “Law and Order” as long as you’re in the preferred group.

Achtung, y’all...

What do you mean? Kid had a great year last year! New car! All because of Trump!

facilitatorn
Superhero Member

remember when the knicks were fun?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16491 on: March 04, 2018, 01:55:21 PM »

Imagine - you were hoping he'd stop at 4 years.  Now you know he is going 8.  And may lobby for more....

heh

There’s still good odds that Eric catches him on his Guggenheim toilet by Father’s Day and puts a crossbow bolt through him, a la Tireon Lannister. That would make for a very Trumpy news cycle and start a needed national conversation around mental health and heredity.

I’m not saying it would be an angry thing, dad could easily be mistaken for a three toed sloth in a gaudy bathroom at three AM. After the fact, he would be very broken up about it.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 04:22:54 PM by facilitatorn » Logged

Into the shattered ruins stepped the Don
facilitatorn
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16492 on: March 04, 2018, 03:33:10 PM »

Ned’s Roach Away wins the weekend. Hats off to SNL writers and to Sir Charles.

facilitatorn
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16493 on: March 04, 2018, 04:34:45 PM »

DO you think the special counsel knows that the guy who was president of Panama when trump put his tower up there is fighting extradition for corruption charges in a Miami detention center? Think he sent any genius deputy attorneys down to help him sift his recollections of his glory days?

facilitatorn
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16494 on: March 04, 2018, 04:38:52 PM »

Trump inc. and the Trump administration are definitely guided by similar management principles

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/03/03/world/americas/donald-trump-panama-hotel-orestes-fintiklis.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

evvie

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16495 on: March 04, 2018, 05:51:06 PM »

It is hard to be optimistic about the future of gun control when we are faced with our history, but this puts a smile on my face and makes me think it is only very unlikely and not totally impossible that we could see it before my kids are ready for AARP or at least social security retirement age (70).

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/parkland-students-chicago-gun-violence_us_5a9c17b4e4b0479c025377c9?utm_hp_ref=black-voices&ir=Black%2BVoices&section=black-voices&utm_campaign=hp_fb_pages&utm_source=bv_fb&utm_medium=facebook&ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000047
facilitatorn
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16496 on: March 04, 2018, 06:15:11 PM »

You are going to probably get an attempt at window dressing with NRA secret blessing and token resistance after republican primaries in a session before congress breaks to go campaigning. If they go as far to bring it up, because the feel real pressure they could be further pressured to make it more substantive then they had originally intended. They could become even less popular by fighting that pressure off and holding the Moscow Fox NRA line. This could help build on a November shellacking that not even the expected GOP & Russian ratfucking can contain, leading to a very different congress with a novel understanding of its prerogatives and its available and appropriate levers as a coequal branch of government.

barton
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16497 on: March 04, 2018, 08:54:00 PM »

Imagine - you were hoping he'd stop at 4 years.  Now you know he is going 8.  And may lobby for more....

heh

There’s still good odds that Eric catches him on his Guggenheim toilet by Father’s Day and puts a crossbow bolt through him, a la Tireon Lannister. That would make for a very Trumpy news cycle and start a needed national conversation around mental health and heredity.

I’m not saying it would be an angry thing, dad could easily be mistaken for a three toed sloth in a gaudy bathroom at three AM. After the fact, he would be very broken up about it.

Most crossbows, purchased for protection, end up being used on family members.  Hence the name...

"History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes."
barton
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16498 on: March 04, 2018, 08:56:25 PM »

DO you think the special counsel knows that the guy who was president of Panama when trump put his tower up there is fighting extradition for corruption charges in a Miami detention center? Think he sent any genius deputy attorneys down to help him sift his recollections of his glory days?

It would be nice to imagine Bob having the manpower to follow all the poisonous tendrils of Trumpian corruption.   

"History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes."
facilitatorn
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16499 on: March 04, 2018, 10:22:04 PM »

It would be nice to imagine Bob having the manpower to follow all the poisonous tendrils of Trumpian corruption.   

These might be the few jobs the Obese Excrescence promised that he actually delivers. Those coal miners shoulda gone to law school. Good healthy jobs that will outlast the Unfit Git’s time in office, right through sentencing on the tertiary level scumbags is complete, then new jobs for their minders in federal pens.

Pages: 1 ... 1098 1099 [1100] 1101 1102 ... 1438
  Print  

Jump to: