Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
June 18, 2018, 05:02:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: What should be done to lower gas prices?
Allow drilling off shore and in Alaska
Allow drilling off shore, but not Alaska
Develop more oil from the lands the oil companies already have.
Take over Iraq and Iran
None of the above

Pages: 1 ... 1100 1101 [1102] 1103 1104 ... 1414
  Print  
Author Topic: Bush Administration  (Read 152512 times)
facilitatorn
Superhero Member

remember when the knicks were fun?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16515 on: March 05, 2018, 04:56:59 PM »

"And he gets to sit back and enjoy watching the chaos......"

Shouldn't be any chaos.

Kid has accepted this new meaning of Republican and seeks avidly for any Russian asshole into which he can insinuate his tongue. He thinks it’s the new meaning of American. Here he is mistaken. The Republican Party keeps hemorrhaging adherents as it shambles along its treasonous road.

Into the shattered ruins stepped the Don
bankshot1
Superhero Member

A non-card carrying citizen of RSN since 1957

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16516 on: March 05, 2018, 05:18:42 PM »

"And he gets to sit back and enjoy watching the chaos......"

Shouldn't be any chaos.

and we are in debt to Maxwell Smart!!

"Hank Steinbrenner?
What a bunch of
(expletive) that is!"

-Red Sox Nation
bankshot1
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16517 on: March 05, 2018, 05:48:18 PM »

What did Sam Nunberg know and when did he decide not to share it?

Sam Nunberg, a former aide to Donald Trump, said Monday that he thinks special counsel Robert Mueller might have something on the president.

When asked whether Mueller's team could have something, Nunberg told MSNBC, "I think they may."

Nunberg's bombshell came during a media blitz Monday as he told various outlets that he would refuse to comply with Mueller's subpoena in the Russia probe.

Nunberg, who was an advisor on Trump's presidential campaign, told MSNBC that it would be "really funny" if Mueller arrested him for ignoring the grand jury subpoena. Laughing, he said that "my lawyer is about to dump me right now."

"Hank Steinbrenner?
What a bunch of
(expletive) that is!"

-Red Sox Nation
NeedsAdjustments
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16518 on: March 05, 2018, 06:06:09 PM »

Sam Nunberg, a former aide to Donald Trump, said Monday that he thinks special counsel Robert Mueller might have something on the president.

When asked whether Mueller's team could have something, Nunberg told MSNBC, "I think they may."

Nunberg's bombshell came during a media blitz Monday as he told various outlets that he would refuse to comply with Mueller's subpoena in the Russia probe.

Nunberg, who was an advisor on Trump's presidential campaign, told MSNBC that it would be "really funny" if Mueller arrested him for ignoring the grand jury subpoena. Laughing, he said that "my lawyer is about to dump me right now."

Bombshell?  Don't know.  From the context of the statement it seemed more like his judgment based on the questions he was getting, not based on anything he knew of while working for Trump.

But the guy is a real turd.  Looking forward to his being arrested.
bankshot1
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16519 on: March 05, 2018, 06:09:55 PM »

Bombshell?  Don't know.  From the context of the statement it seemed more like his judgment based on the questions he was getting, not based on anything he knew of while working for Trump.

Don't know if its a bombshell or a firecracker, or a complete dud, but from what I've read and heard, the guy sounds like he's in a panic.

His telling Mueller to fuck-off, is probably not the way to go.

"Hank Steinbrenner?
What a bunch of
(expletive) that is!"

-Red Sox Nation
NeedsAdjustments
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16520 on: March 05, 2018, 06:13:15 PM »

State Dept. Was Granted $120 Million to Fight Russian Meddling. It Has Spent $0.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/04/world/europe/state-department-russia-global-engagement-center.html

This is a battle on multiple fronts and our government is thumb-twiddling like a [can't think of the right metaphor here].  Also would be useful if the FBI has enough staff to make progress on Torshin laundering money into the 2016 campaign via the NRA...

https://www.npr.org/2018/03/01/590076949/depth-of-russian-politicians-cultivation-of-nra-ties-revealed

Our government?

Or the Republican Party? This is not a matter of “both sides do it” because the GOP is going out of its official way to... well, let’s say they’re being less than helpful.

Imagine what they would be doing if Putin was trying to elect Democrats.  That even this is a partisan issue for them, that they put Party that far over Country, is astounding.

Interesting bit in the New Yorker profile of Steele that slots in to this.  Apparently he wrote another memo that says the Russians killed Trump's first pick for Secretary of State, Mitt Romney.  Not so hard to believe given how things worked out for them...a head of the State Department with extensive ties in Russian Oil who won't spend the money he is given to help combat Russian interference...

This New Yorker piece, btw, is excellent:

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2018/03/12/christopher-steele-the-man-behind-the-trump-dossier

Here is, to me, a real bombshell:

Robert Hannigan, then the head of the U.K.'s intelligence service the G.C.H.Q., had recently flown to Washington and briefed the C.I.A.'s director, John Brennan, on a stream of illicit communications between Trump's team and Moscow that had been intercepted. (The content of these intercepts has not become public.)

That looks to me like a bomb that could still drop.  And then just today, from Brennan himself:

https://twitter.com/JohnBrennan/status/970693040615534592

...increased anxiety and panic (rightly so) about the Mueller investigation.

This isn't a guy talking out of his ass.  He was the head of the CIA and was briefed on illicit contacts between Trump's team and Moscow.

This "Russia Thing" is most definitely not done.
barton
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16521 on: March 05, 2018, 06:27:02 PM »

Don't know if its a bombshell or a firecracker, or a complete dud, but from what I've read and heard, the guy sounds like he's in a panic.

He sounds drunk, in this interview. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtOuh3yuCm0

"History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes."
bankshot1
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16522 on: March 05, 2018, 07:08:13 PM »

He's on CNN right now.

He's having his "15 minutes"

If he's not careful it may run longer.

"Hank Steinbrenner?
What a bunch of
(expletive) that is!"

-Red Sox Nation
bankshot1
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16523 on: March 05, 2018, 07:27:05 PM »

This is like watching "Drunk History"-he's all over the place.

"Hank Steinbrenner?
What a bunch of
(expletive) that is!"

-Red Sox Nation
NYKnicks12
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16524 on: March 05, 2018, 09:47:56 PM »

It’s all theater.

He’s making noise about being a “Stand Up Guy” before he spills to Mueller.

Fuck him. I hope he gets steamrolled by Mueller...
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16525 on: March 05, 2018, 10:03:48 PM »

He's on CNN right now.

Heh

Where else would he be?
bankshot1
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16526 on: March 05, 2018, 10:06:51 PM »

he's not on Fox

they're talking about all the lefties in Hollywood.

whistling past the graveyard.

"Hank Steinbrenner?
What a bunch of
(expletive) that is!"

-Red Sox Nation
facilitatorn
Superhero Member

remember when the knicks were fun?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16527 on: March 05, 2018, 10:08:03 PM »

You do get great legal advice, and presumably an appearance fee, for venting on reputable networks. He got reminded of the nice lady who did 18 months for staying mum on Bill Clinton, so it seems for now that he’s back on the rails. I think this was bitter score settling and paranoia, and a message to Roger Stone to flee the country.

On top of this trump is doing his typical terrible job and the republicans are burning off their little remaining humanity and electability as if they see the sun setting on their whole terrible criminal enterprise.

Trump got booted from Panama. Did his goons do enough to get Ivanka’s fingerprints off the money laundering? He hires only the best goons, as young Sam clearly demonstrates.

Actually Sam has a kind of Sam-Frodo devotion to Roger Stone. It may be his least objectionable attribute.

Into the shattered ruins stepped the Don
bankshot1
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16528 on: March 05, 2018, 10:09:49 PM »

its not like telling the special investigator investigating the potentially treasonous events of the '16 election, to shove this subpoena up your ass is a big deal or newsworthy.

At least not when you have Hollywood dems to bash.

"Hank Steinbrenner?
What a bunch of
(expletive) that is!"

-Red Sox Nation
bambu

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16529 on: March 06, 2018, 06:01:51 AM »

Think it's bad under Trump...it's worse under Turnbull.

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/the-cancer-stricken-town-where-residents-are-left-to-rot-and-die/ar-BBJV7Ek?li=AAgfLCP&OCID=AVRES000

The cancer-stricken town where residents are left to 'rot and die'

“If I can put it as plainly as possible they're being left here to rot and die,” says Jarrod Sansom of the residents in his old home-town in New South Wales's Hunter Valley.
Jarrod was the sixth generation of Sansoms to live on Cabbage Tree Road, Williamtown.

He has fond memories of his childhood growing up in the semi-rural town. He recalls games of cricket on the lawn, jumping in the creeks, and picking lemons straight from the tree.
But now, walking through the old Cabbage Tree Road property brings him pain and anxiety. This five-kilometre stretch home to just over 80 houses has seen more than 50 separate cases of cancer, some of them quite rare.   

The anomaly has since been linked to the contamination of Williamtown properties surrounding the local RAAF base. For 40 years the nearby RAAF base used a firefighting foam - with suspected carcinogenic chemicals - which leached into the town's water supply.

Pages: 1 ... 1100 1101 [1102] 1103 1104 ... 1414
  Print  

Jump to: