Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
June 19, 2018, 07:23:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: What should be done to lower gas prices?
Allow drilling off shore and in Alaska
Allow drilling off shore, but not Alaska
Develop more oil from the lands the oil companies already have.
Take over Iraq and Iran
None of the above

Pages: 1 ... 1103 1104 [1105] 1106 1107 ... 1420
  Print  
Author Topic: Bush Administration  (Read 153185 times)
whiskeypriest and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.
bankshot1
Superhero Member

A non-card carrying citizen of RSN since 1957

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16560 on: March 06, 2018, 03:27:29 PM »

"And it's growing every day"

In other words - 'okay - that didn't work, who can we go after now?'

kid real question.

What do you think happened regarding the broad topic of the Trump campaign and the involvement of the Russian government to impact the '16 elections.

Given what you've read, or heard, what makes sense to you?

"Hank Steinbrenner?
What a bunch of
(expletive) that is!"

-Red Sox Nation
LesMiserables

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16561 on: March 06, 2018, 03:50:58 PM »

When was the last time that you talked to Trump?
I’ve not talked to him for a very long time, and I’m not gonna talk to him for a very long time after what he did to Steve. It’s inexcusable to me. You know what, that’s where Roger and I have a big disagreement, too. Trump would not have won that election without Steve. Not with his stupid-ass son-in-law. You know what Trump’s falling is gonna be? Trump’s falling is gonna be that Trump is loyal and won’t do anything to his stupid-ass son-in-law, who, by the way, is a thief that stole money from him.

But —
I wanna know! Here’s what I wanna know! And I think in the interest of transparency we should know what Brad Parscale took from the 2016 campaign and if he gave any money to Jared Kushner. [Parscale was the 2016 campaign’s digital media director, and was just hired to manage Trump’s reelection bid.] I just wanna know it! Maybe I’m wrong! Who knows.

When you say that you haven’t spoken to Trump in a very long time, do you mean, like, weeks, months?
Months.

How many months?
Uh, I don’t wanna get into it.

Did he call you the last time that you spoke?
Yes, he called me.

Was it at night?
Yeah, it was at night.

What was it about?
I’m not gonna get into it. I think it would hurt me with my thing with Mueller. I’m not getting into it.

So what does your lawyer think about all this?
I don’t know, I haven’t spoken to him today. He’s probably not happy.

[Nunberg excused himself to accept another call and then called back at 12:55 a.m.]

When you sat down with Mueller, was it contentious?
Not at all! Once again, here’s what pissed me off, and I think I explained this to you before, I’m repeating myself: but what really pissed me off is they called me up, I went in, I met with them, and then they give me a subpoena and tell me I have to answer it by 3 p.m. today and they want me back on Friday for grand jury testimony? To start a circumstantial case against Roger Stone? Whether Roger likes me or not, whatever Roger says about me — I think he does like me. As I said, he’s my mentor. He trained me. I’m not going to help them set up a case against him. I think they don’t like him.

Why do you believe they’re setting up a case against him?
Because of the questions I got. I think it was inappropriate when they asked me, do I know what business Roger Stone does, who are his clients?

I want you to tell me, but are you allowed to talk about the questions that they ask you in public?
If I decide to. I didn’t get dumped by my lawyer today, so I’m happy about that.

Has your lawyer called you like a million times today?
No, he didn’t, he’s just like, are you getting it out of your system? During the day, I got a text.

Besides asking about Stone’s clients, what else did they ask about?
I don’t know, it’s a longer conversation. It’s one in the morning, can I go to sleep?

that and Sarah Huckabee Sanders "is a slob" and more found here: http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/03/sam-nunberg-on-his-media-spree-and-his-message-for-trump.html

this guy seems like he could be one of the posters here. i'll let you decide which one.
LesMiserables

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16562 on: March 06, 2018, 03:54:09 PM »

"lock her up"?

White House counselor Kellyanne Conway violated federal law when she weighed in on Alabama's special Senate election in two televised interviews last fall, the U.S. Official of Special Counsel said Tuesday. Conway appeared in interviews on Fox News' Fox & Friends and CNN's New Day in which she urged voters to support Republican candidate Roy Moore over Democrat Doug Jones, the contest's eventual winner. In doing so, she "impermissibly mixed official government business with political views about candidates," the OSC wrote.

The law Conway ran afoul of is the Hatch Act, which prohibits executive branch employees from engaging in certain partisan activities. Because Conway was appearing in the interviews — with Fox News in November and CNN in December — in her official capacity as counselor to the president, her advocacy for Moore and against Jones in those appearances was unlawful, the OSC wrote.

The OSC is an independent investigative arm for the federal government and is separate from the office of Special Counsel Robert Mueller, which falls under the Justice Department's purview. The OSC said it "gave Conway the opportunity to respond to the allegations" during its investigation, as well as upon completion of its report, but that "she did not respond." Read the OSC's full release below.

http://theweek.com/speedreads/759327/kellyanne-conway-broke-law-by-campaigning-roy-moore-last-fall
LesMiserables

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16563 on: March 06, 2018, 03:58:13 PM »

asshole!!!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/politics/ct-elephant-trophy-ban-trump-20180306-story.html

disgusting.
NYKnicks12
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16564 on: March 06, 2018, 04:24:03 PM »

Greg Jarrett, speaking of Muellers's Trump-Russia collusion probe:

"When is he going to wrap this hoax up?"

INDEED, Greg.  In-deed.

Heil, heil seigety heil!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NeH2n_QmEk

buh-bye now

Don’t be stupid, be a smarty! Go and join the Nazi party!

Seriously though, you’re a prime candidate.
Itz ME!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16565 on: March 06, 2018, 05:50:10 PM »

Don't forget the unwritten rule of right wing politics.

IOKIARDI.

It's OK If A Republican Does It.

kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16566 on: March 06, 2018, 05:59:43 PM »

"And it's growing every day"

In other words - 'okay - that didn't work, who can we go after now?'

kid real question.

What do you think happened regarding the broad topic of the Trump campaign and the involvement of the Russian government to impact the '16 elections.

I think you had a seriously flawed, though at one time enormously popular candidate -

and we had a serious WAVE candidate that could think on his feet - ended with our side being victorious.

Now?  I am fine with where the nation is headed.

yankguy
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16567 on: March 06, 2018, 06:07:01 PM »

Great answer!!!

Linger on, your pale blue eyes.............
bankshot1
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16568 on: March 06, 2018, 06:14:20 PM »

kid

thanks for putting so much thought into that expansive answer.

So can I can safely conclude that despite the conclusions of the investigations by several US intelligence agencies, you think there was no Russian interference in the '16 election?

"Hank Steinbrenner?
What a bunch of
(expletive) that is!"

-Red Sox Nation
bankshot1
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16569 on: March 06, 2018, 06:19:46 PM »

Cohn out as Trump's top economic advisor.

I guess we'll find out if trade wars are easy to win.

"Hank Steinbrenner?
What a bunch of
(expletive) that is!"

-Red Sox Nation
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16570 on: March 06, 2018, 06:22:29 PM »

I have never commented as such.  
Driver125
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16571 on: March 06, 2018, 06:29:07 PM »

Some people are always happier on their knees.
NYKnicks12
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16572 on: March 06, 2018, 06:30:36 PM »

Or goose stepping...
bankshot1
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16573 on: March 06, 2018, 06:32:16 PM »

I have never commented as such.  

Kid I specifically asked you about your opinion of Russian interence in the '16 election.

You chose not to address the real issue of my question, so I concluded you thought it a non-issue.

If you disagree with this assessment perhaps you should answer the question I asked.  

"Hank Steinbrenner?
What a bunch of
(expletive) that is!"

-Red Sox Nation
bambu

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16574 on: March 06, 2018, 06:55:12 PM »

Or goose stepping...

Wonder how many times the members of this forum can goose step?
I tried it, did it around the house...inside of course...wouldn't want anyone getting the wrong idea.
I could do very few steps...it's a ridiculous way to march.
Nazis...troops would've been worn out from goose stepping everywhere.

I also tried to copy one of the floor gymnast girls at the Olympics...stand on one leg and point the foot of the other leg towards the ceiling.
Couldn't do that either.
Pages: 1 ... 1103 1104 [1105] 1106 1107 ... 1420
  Print  

Jump to: