Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
June 21, 2018, 02:48:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: What should be done to lower gas prices?
Allow drilling off shore and in Alaska
Allow drilling off shore, but not Alaska
Develop more oil from the lands the oil companies already have.
Take over Iraq and Iran
None of the above

Pages: 1 ... 1105 1106 [1107] 1108 1109 ... 1425
  Print  
Author Topic: Bush Administration  (Read 153769 times)
NYKnicks12
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16590 on: March 07, 2018, 08:25:49 AM »

Dems still fighting the lost PC-elitist cause defending illegal immigrants and illegal immigration. Just stick to the economy and DTs mental stability, stupid.

If you’re not 100% Native American you really should just shut the fuck up.
barton
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16591 on: March 07, 2018, 09:34:51 AM »

I'm trying to recall if I've ever seen anyone refer to Jerry Brown as "Edmund G. Brown" in a news story before. 

Seems like we're still figuring what federalism means, and what the tenth amendment really means.   I expect this case will drag on for a while. 

"History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes."
yankguy
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16592 on: March 07, 2018, 09:48:19 AM »

He's actually Edmund G. Brown, Jr.

Linger on, your pale blue eyes.............
LesMiserables

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16593 on: March 07, 2018, 10:41:32 AM »

democracy making a comeback in Texas:
https://news.google.com/news/amp?caurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bloomberg.com%2Fview%2Farticles%2F2018-03-07%2Ftexas-primary-female-candidates-have-a-strong-election-day#pt0-106602

2018. take back america for americans.
barton
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16594 on: March 07, 2018, 11:33:49 AM »

I don't want to accuse anyone of excessive partisanship, but aren't Republicans also Americans?  And the GOP majority in Texas did go out and lawfully vote for primary candidates, too.  And most of those winners will beat their relatively unknown Democratic challengers in November.  I am neither a Republican nor partisan, but I think we must recognize the reality that many citizens of Texas favor an ideological stance that is more congruent with the GOP.  Though not necessarily congruent with Trump's ideology, what little can be discerned of it. 

barton
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16595 on: March 07, 2018, 11:36:30 AM »

He's actually Edmund G. Brown, Jr.

Yes, that was what was funny:  apparently, the adminstration is suing a man who has been dead for 20 years.  I.e. Pat Brown. 

luee
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16596 on: March 07, 2018, 11:41:06 AM »

Dems still fighting the lost PC-elitist cause defending illegal immigrants and illegal immigration. Just stick to the economy and DTs mental stability, stupid.

If you’re not 100% Native American you really should just shut the fuck up.

US no longer needs ultra-cheap labor for nannies, drug dealers, and to vote democratic. Only Indians should be allowed to say anything is an impossible PC-elitist viewpoint beyond even Bernie?
REDSTATEWARD
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16597 on: March 07, 2018, 12:27:30 PM »

Dumbing down the media definition of “EXCLUSIVE”

EXCLUSIVE: New York Times Executive Editor Calls Opinion Page ‘Far Left Wing’ In Private Meeting, Student Says

The Daily Caller
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 12:33:38 PM by REDSTATEWARD » Logged
Itz ME!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16598 on: March 07, 2018, 01:56:01 PM »

So everything in the news articles is therefore, "Fake News," right Red?

Which makes everything reported on Fox News, "True," right Red?

No interference, no collusion, besides it was an accident.
evvie

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16599 on: March 07, 2018, 02:00:08 PM »

Dumbing down the media definition of “EXCLUSIVE”

EXCLUSIVE: New York Times Executive Editor Calls Opinion Page ‘Far Left Wing’ In Private Meeting, Student Says

The Daily Caller

Thank heavens for those honest students keeping watch on our media.

Like the stalwart kid who went up against CNN for trying to put their words in his mouth!

Another win for conservative youth against the liberal MSM.
bankshot1
Superhero Member

A non-card carrying citizen of RSN since 1957

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16600 on: March 07, 2018, 02:13:36 PM »

What Red either excludes or ignores in his "headline" is that that in proper context, the comment was about the NYT hiring another conservative op-ed contributor/ commentator.

"Hank Steinbrenner?
What a bunch of
(expletive) that is!"

-Red Sox Nation
Itz ME!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16601 on: March 07, 2018, 02:21:47 PM »

What Red either excludes or ignores in his "headline" is that that in proper context, the comment was about the NYT hiring another conservative op-ed contributor/ commentator.

And finding that was not easy either. I went to Daily Caller then had to do a search to find any article dealing with the NYT.

Not to mention how it's like a top espionage operation to get into the meeting. Transparency is an opaque concept for the partisan. "Heh, we snuck in!" The door was open to whomever wanted to come.
facilitatorn
Superhero Member

remember when the knicks were fun?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16602 on: March 07, 2018, 02:28:02 PM »

I don't want to accuse anyone of excessive partisanship, but aren't Republicans also Americans?  And the GOP majority in Texas did go out and lawfully vote for primary candidates, too.  And most of those winners will beat their relatively unknown Democratic challengers in November.  I am neither a Republican nor partisan, but I think we must recognize the reality that many citizens of Texas favor an ideological stance that is more congruent with the GOP.  Though not necessarily congruent with Trump's ideology, what little can be discerned of it. 

Since republicans have put being assholes above being Americans, I give them the benefit of their convictions and refer to them as assholes rather than Americans. You might say there is no contradiction here and you can be American and an asshole at the same time. There is a lot of evidence for this in the form of Americans who are also assholes, but it’s not quite that simple. Since the Contract on America and up through trump’s unfolding crime spree, republicans primarily focus on attacking Americans, the nation’s values and its institutions. This is why they no longer rate as Americans and remain solely definable as assholes, as demonstrated so steadily and aptly by the right leaning posters on this forum.

Into the shattered ruins stepped the Don
REDSTATEWARD
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16603 on: March 07, 2018, 02:33:13 PM »

I guess the post went under  your head.

Itz ME!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16604 on: March 07, 2018, 02:57:10 PM »

I guess the post went under  your head.

Well that one sure does. I guess. I really don't know what "under your head" is supposed to mean.

But I will say this. I expected that we both understood the difference between the editorial pages and the news articles. I also expect that for you to bring this topic up as if it is Earth shattering demonstrates your desire to brand the NYT as being "Liberal" because its editorial pages have left wing contributors (setting aside the context that the comment was taken out of).

That IS what the right wing echo chamber would like its clones and drones to believe to their core, isn't it Red?

But maybe you meant something else by, "...the post went under  your head." You might want to work on your writing comprehension.
Pages: 1 ... 1105 1106 [1107] 1108 1109 ... 1425
  Print  

Jump to: