Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
April 22, 2018, 12:05:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Which team has the best rotation in the National League?
Padres - 2 (12.5%)
Diamondbacks - 5 (31.3%)
Mets - 2 (12.5%)
Cubs - 4 (25%)
Dodgers - 2 (12.5%)
Brewers - 0 (0%)
Other - 1 (6.3%)
Total Voters: 16

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 139
  Print  
Author Topic: National League  (Read 22101 times)
Admin
Administrator

View Profile Email
« on: April 15, 2007, 09:28:41 PM »

Will the Mets win the World Series this year?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 12:59:37 PM by admin » Logged
puddinhead6

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 05:54:42 PM »

yes.
law120b

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2007, 07:29:24 PM »

good pint.  i agree.
prairiepop

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2007, 10:02:32 PM »

We follow the Braves to such an extent that we wear caps to watch the playoffs and when the Braves go to the series, I put out a little votive light near the TV.  Watching our Chipper mature over the seasons has been a real treat...lauding Old Man Franco [and missing him now] and remembering Bogosian, Lemke, and St. Terry of Pendleton - hey, we're talkin' hardcore here.
Iknowitall

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2007, 02:28:08 AM »

What happened to the threads dedicated to the NY Mets, and what happened to all of those exiles from the NY Times forum?
Admin
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2007, 09:05:28 AM »

Hopefully more exiles will re-register.  I just sent the email out yesterday.  This afternoon/evening I will start migrating the site to the forums.escapefromelba.com address, which will force users to re-register. 
oilcanboyd23
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2007, 01:04:51 PM »

The Braves made some great decisions this year - moving Kelly Johnson to 2B, stealing Mike Gonzalez and Rafael Soriano, etc.  However, it won't be enough to beat the Mets.

Had the Braves done the smart thing 2 years ago - signed Furcal, held on to Marte and traded the fragile and wayyy overrated Larry Jones, they'd be in much better shape right now.   As it is, they're going to come up about 8-10 games short of the Mets this year and at least a few more.
Iknowitall

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2007, 05:01:00 PM »

When Willie is in a "laugher" (winning or losing by a big margin), he's only a merely adequate manager. But when he's in a game requiring managerial strategy (for ex- How and whom to use from the bullpen, selection of pinch hitters, hit and run, bunt, etc) Willie is WOEFULLY INADEQUATE, as todays game showed.

I believe with Willie at the helm, the Mets will never win a worlds championship. And may never win the league championship either.
I'm not interested in whether or not anyone agrees with me. That's the way I feel.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 05:02:49 PM by Iknowitall » Logged
oilcanboyd23
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2007, 06:02:29 PM »

Kelly Johnson has the sweetest swing in baseball. 
MrUtley3
Superhero Member

X'Cessive Mercenary

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2007, 10:57:02 AM »

Well, they mahve picked out the headstone for the Phightin' Phils a  little early.  Shouldbe 5 wins in a row, but for the Girl Who Is Tom Gordon. Still, 4 of the last 5 = .800 ball.

Keep it up!

Does anyone know where the love of God goes
When the waves turn the minutes to hours?
MrUtley3
Superhero Member

X'Cessive Mercenary

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2007, 01:24:36 PM »

New Closer in Philly?

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/sports/20070424_Phillies_Notes___Myers_closing_in_on_the_closer_role_.html

law120b

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2007, 11:50:27 PM »

the mets' unlikely comeback win tonight is more telling about the spirit and soul of this team than all the 7-1 slaughters so far this season.
Iknowitall

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2007, 02:42:50 AM »

the mets' unlikely comeback win tonight is more telling about the spirit and soul of this team than all the 7-1 slaughters so far this season.

AGREED!!

However, let nobody be deluded into thinking that it was Willie that ordered Chavez to bunt.  Chavez was thinking, acting and executing on his own. The situation simply cried out for a bunt. But Willie still thinks he's in the American League, where they can't even spell b-u-n-t.
MrUtley3
Superhero Member

X'Cessive Mercenary

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2007, 10:55:26 AM »

Not so sure about that. It was morelikely the result of the Rockies not getting the job done on the mound. First the homer in the ninth with two outs, two strikes---and then the bad, bad balk that set up the drag bunt.

Keep the "spirit and soul" crap for the Friday night chat with the rabbi.

kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2007, 12:00:35 PM »

LOL

I always get a chuckle out of the thought process that a game tying HR/hit was the fault of the pitcher, not production from the batter.

Great interview of Easley after the game.  I am quite happy he is a part of this team.  OOZES professionalism.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 139
  Print  

Jump to: