Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
April 23, 2018, 03:13:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Who should be the next US President?
Bob Barr
John McCain
Ralph Nader
Barack Obama

Pages: 1 ... 687 688 [689] 690
  Print  
Author Topic: Campaign Trail  (Read 45705 times)
Driver125
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10320 on: June 24, 2008, 11:09:37 AM »

You have to wonder about a guy who doesn't take time to find out that such batteries already exist

He knows they exist. He wants some better ones to be developed. He either wants to go faster or he wants some longer range, I would guess.

You have to wonder where the $300 million is going to be coming from.

He claims he's going to find a couple of pork-ladden bills and hack the money out of those. Of course he also claims that he's going to get rid of pork altogether, so who knows? Economics are not one of his strong points--or so he says.
Driver125
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10321 on: June 24, 2008, 11:14:25 AM »

I see Obama is starting to put some distance between himself and Johnny Mac.  RCP has him up 6.6% now,

Somewhat disappointing performance by Obama in regards to the FISA business. Any comments there, Diz?
Dzimas
Superhero Member

I thought you said your name was Nobody.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10322 on: June 24, 2008, 11:27:56 AM »

Sounds like a pretty hollow compromise, but I guess we have to take the repealing of this act in measures, like so much of the Bush legacy.

http://www.salon.com/politics/war_room/2008/06/20/obama_fisa/index.html

Personally, I think the telecommunications industry should get taken to the cleaners on this one.  I still haven't forgiven Yahoo! for caving into the Feds on this one, not that I really respect my e-mails to be private, given how big my spam inbox is each day.
madupont
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10323 on: June 24, 2008, 11:52:49 AM »

I found out about that yesterday as well, after calling those schmucks and sending them whatevers supplied by Everybody.

So then I wrote Obama, asking why he supported Barrows over Thomas who is anti-FISA among Democrats to endorse and then to complain about FISA in my experience: what it does to put in that neuron mindset among editors of on-line editions and such, even if they were "educated" but in Ohio? 

I mean, who knows what I said, that was yesterday when I couldn't get in here.

I need to get rid of mail to hear back from one of his experts although I've noticed anybody in the Senate can get through to you just like that ! Snap!
madupont
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10324 on: June 24, 2008, 11:54:12 AM »

Dzimas,

The car, the car with the battery. Thomas Alva Edison provided Alfred I.duPont with an electric car back when they were yet alive. What's new about that?
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #10325 on: June 24, 2008, 11:57:21 AM »

Yeah - went about 2 miles
madupont
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10326 on: June 24, 2008, 12:02:05 PM »

Were you there, darling?
madupont
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10327 on: June 24, 2008, 12:04:16 PM »

Dzimas, I also reminded him(B.Obama, himself) that Russ Feingold didn't call it a compromise but a "capitulation". Not that anybody but luee understands what that means. Then I signed it with my real name.
MrUtley3
Superhero Member

X'Cessive Mercenary

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10328 on: June 24, 2008, 12:16:42 PM »

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - As Barack Obama broadens his outreach to evangelical voters, one of the movement's biggest names, James Dobson, accuses the likely Democratic presidential nominee of distorting the Bible and pushing a "fruitcake interpretation" of the Constitution.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25343812

Does anyone know where the love of God goes
When the waves turn the minutes to hours?
MrUtley3
Superhero Member

X'Cessive Mercenary

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10329 on: June 24, 2008, 12:22:58 PM »

Charlie Black and the Terror Card:

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/thefix/?hpid=topnews

kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #10330 on: June 24, 2008, 12:26:43 PM »

Dzimas, I also reminded him(B.Obama, himself) that Russ Feingold didn't call it a compromise but a "capitulation". Not that anybody but luee understands what that means. Then I signed it with my real name.

Soupy Sales?
Dzimas
Superhero Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10331 on: June 24, 2008, 12:40:09 PM »

Dzimas,

The car, the car with the battery. Thomas Alva Edison provided Alfred I.duPont with an electric car back when they were yet alive. What's new about that?

Nothing.
Dzimas
Superhero Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10332 on: June 24, 2008, 12:44:27 PM »

Utley, I got a kick out of Dobson's comments as well.  I guess he doesn't appreciate the challenge Obama represents to the evangelical fold, as someone who really does have religious convinctions as opposed to the "born again" President we had the past 8 years, and the political toady that McCain is.  However, Obama is running the risk of trying to be all things to all people.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 06:05:40 AM by Dzimas » Logged
MrUtley3
Superhero Member

X'Cessive Mercenary

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10333 on: June 25, 2008, 08:28:48 AM »

Utley, I got a kick out of Dobson's comments as well.  I guess he doesn't appreciate the challenge Obama represents to the evangelical fold, as someone who really does have religious convinctions as opposed to the "born again" President we had the past 8 years, and the political toady that McCain is.  However, Obama is running the risk of trying to be all things to all people.

last guy that did that was Bill Clinton.

Wink

Driver125
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10334 on: June 25, 2008, 09:26:29 AM »

However, Obama is running the risk of trying to be all things to all people.

Yep. I can't blame him for trying (especially when he happens to think that he himself has a lot of valid religious convictions), but all in all I think he's plowing a pretty stoney field when it comes to the evangelicals. Nothing ever really satisfies them, so unless Obama intends to ascend to heaven and return with, say, a new copy of the 10 commandments, I believe he's wasting his time with those folks.
Pages: 1 ... 687 688 [689] 690
  Print  

Jump to: