Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
January 16, 2018, 06:29:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
  Print  
Author Topic: Central and South America  (Read 2347 times)
martinbeck3

VIVA EL CAMPO ARGENTINO

fun+and+lit
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: April 30, 2008, 04:22:51 PM »

LONG LIVE THE BASQUES:

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/category_10001_10001_18485_-1

Donotremove
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: April 30, 2008, 05:02:06 PM »

Martin, those are the best looking Basques I have ever seen.  I hope me morals police weren't monitoring my computer as I gazed upon the content of your link. If I hear a knock on my door, is it all right if I blame you for having a language problem?

How's the showroom coming?  You never did say whether the new room was a redo of the old room.  Bet the FP is complaining the construction is letting sawdust get into her food.

What's this about Christina and Nestor not letting Isabella Peron come back home?  Your farmers still blocking the roads?  There are rumors here about a loaf of bread rising to $6US.

Keep us informed, Martin.  Press news about Argentina is scarce up here what with preachers and gasoline going ballistic. 
martinbeck3

VIVA EL CAMPO ARGENTINO

fun+and+lit
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: May 01, 2008, 11:03:27 AM »

DON,BOCA, as soon as I am back from where the FP is dragging me to I´ll post .I´ve read all your posts and have some interesting feedback. Today it´s Labor Day but tomorrow I´ll look at the Paraguayos ears and see whether they are long.I also have a Paraguaya girl,Natalia, working at the store and she´s also white and freckled but she says she can´t make a word out of what the guys are saying.Maybe it´s better for her. 
madupont
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: May 02, 2008, 01:00:40 AM »

martinbeck3

We just call your Labor Day, our May Day. But like you, we celebrate Labor Day when it becomes our Autumn (which is what you are having now, preparing for  Winter).
madupont
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: May 03, 2008, 11:39:50 AM »

elportenito1

Please take a look at this article at this forum above.

Re: Asia
« Reply #43 on: Today at 03:34:25 AM »
madupont
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: May 05, 2008, 12:20:03 AM »

elportinito1

Have another, down in Campaign Forum, from grannynanny writing to The Root, in Washington,D.C., describes herself as Indigene and has very interesting comments on the Obama campaign re: Wright or vice-versa. Don't know if that pulled up anybody short among the people who put out The Root?
martinbeck3

VIVA EL CAMPO ARGENTINO

fun+and+lit
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: May 05, 2008, 12:13:15 PM »

O.K. here I am after being taken here and there all weekend by you know who.
My country´s government is going totally cuckoo.Cristina and Mr.K are in hiding in their nest down in Lago Argentino ,Santa Cruz where they have locked themselves for the weekend without any one but the maids and secretary.

The *campo* is on the verge of going up in flames,cutting roads, hi-ways etc.
After a month of talking the conclusion is the same.The campo will be penalized for producing so much by having more taxes.

Do you know that if the campo is allowed to export freely the rest of the Argentine population could be fed gratis? Can you imgine a gvt. so stupid as to not understand this very simple example.The meat we export is the sort of meat our pueblo dosen´t eat like old cows for tinned meat or meat cuts we don´t use.

The quid of the question is Cristina and MrK won´t return the taxes to the provinces but they will handle the taxes themselves. That is why you see no hungry people in B.A. city and suburbs and you see them in the poorer provinces.Thin like a grown woman weighing 35 kilos.(70 pounds) . This way the gvt. has its slaves rough and ready to jump into fight -as they did when pro campo people took the Plaza the Mayo with their pots and pans banging-these hooligans came charging on with poles as large as baseball bats.

The K´s keep harping about the 70´s and have done nothing yet.We are sick n´ tired of the 70´s we want to get on and the 70´s is their only subject. Except that they are now planning a bullet train from B.A. to Cordoba that will cost a fortune instead of fixing up all the trains we have that are not running leaving many villages isolated, trains that could carry grains to the B.A. and other harbors for exportation.

This is an instance in our history like there has never been before.Our land is so fertile that we can go from rags to riches in less that 5 years with all the world needing grains and biofuel and our fields brimming full of them.The campo people just wrap them round in special grain bags and won´t let go until the gvt. takes back the last *-surprise tax* they planted on March10 right when they were harvesting. 

Do you know that we have tons of oil it is easy to pump it out as it all lies in the soil but no one dares make such an investment for fear of the two maniacs coming out with another surprise tax or deciding "now the oil belongs to the People".

In LatAm lit we are reading Blindness (Saramago) where a whole country goes blind,well this is exactly the opposit the Kirchners have gone blind while every Argentine sees the great future we are missing.
martinbeck3

VIVA EL CAMPO ARGENTINO

fun+and+lit
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: May 05, 2008, 12:31:02 PM »

DON,LORD OF THE FLYING RED HORSE, I´ve just checked on the Paraguayos and they don´t have large ears but they are real while,blond and freckled and they speak this unscrutable language that sounds like guaraní but it´s not ?!).
Donotremove
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: May 05, 2008, 06:09:20 PM »

Martin, your Parguayan workers are probably of German ancestry.  Wikipedia says:

"Not completely homogeneous, Paraguay has a history of other settlement esp. in the 20th century: Germans, the majority are Mennonites with long-reigned dictator Alfredo Stroessner himself of German ancestry, Japanese with Okinawans, Koreans, ethnic Chinese, Arabs, Ukrainians, Southern Europeans, Brazilians and Argentines are among those who have settled in Paraguay."

Or not.  Who knows, eh?  I don't know what to tell you about Christina and Nestor, the bastards.  I can't fault the farmers however hard it makes things for everyone.

Whadaya mean you're sending worst cuts of old beef to us up here?  How naughty.  I've stopped eating beef and drinking milk.  I'm on strike from Big Agriculture and dairies feeding corn to animals that can't digest it (cows,) then shooting them full of antibiotics because they get sick. I'm trying to avoid anything with corn syrup and/or fructose (found EVERYWHERE it seems when you start reading food labels.)

You can bet that bullet train to Cordoba will pour money into the pockets of your ruling duo and their rich friends.  What do they care if the train is needed or not.  It's the same way up here in the U.S.  Lots of boondoggles that send taxpayer dollars straight into the pockets of the wealthy.

You can counter the "minimalist" decor in loft by wearing lots of red.  That way you won't get lost in all the grey and beige and white (lots of chrome, too, I suppose?).
martinbeck3

VIVA EL CAMPO ARGENTINO

fun+and+lit
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: May 06, 2008, 11:00:15 AM »

DON, yes! lots of chrome!Tomorrow is the campo´s deadline.This is going to be serious staff.
beso1

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: May 07, 2008, 07:23:33 PM »

Martin,

Whatta mess. Do the campesinos have the power to defy the K's? Can they move or only negotiate?

Seems to me like export-of whatever-is the ticket. Is there possibility of a standoff between the executive and the Asamblea (congress)?

Anyhow, keep us up to speed...
martinbeck3

VIVA EL CAMPO ARGENTINO

fun+and+lit
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: May 09, 2008, 11:07:31 AM »

SORRY IT´S IN SPANSIH BUT IT´S THE FKNG TRUTH:

http://www.youtube.com:80/watch?v=XANFt6B8k6M&feature=related
martinbeck3

VIVA EL CAMPO ARGENTINO

fun+and+lit
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: May 09, 2008, 11:15:33 AM »

BOQUITA,
A tango as always the lyrics are perfect:

let´s dance: chan! chan!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3zEzLOzB5A&NR=1
martinbeck3

VIVA EL CAMPO ARGENTINO

fun+and+lit
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: May 09, 2008, 11:37:06 AM »

BESO and other SouthAm friends:

this is really a very strong historical time for Argentina.The K´s are ruling the country by themselves,nothing is decided by the Congreso as the majority is theirs (feels like the Ceausescus in Roumania).

The quid of the matter is that all governors of the provinces have to  send( K´s orders) all the money their provinces are making to the K´s in B.A.From B.A. the gvt(the K´s) decide which province receives money back and how much.

This way they have trapped all governors who are not responding to their people but to B.A.

The *campo people* is formed by four organizations and the independants,small,medium and large landholders, and every one of these orgs. has formed a solid block for the first time in history-as their political ideas are quite different-.

Yesterday they have started closing routes all along the country.They are powerful as they can shut all goods from getting anywhere.They have decided that only *perishable* food will pass (milk,fruit etc.).

We will see if the governors are real federalists and back their voters in their provinces or have been bought by the K´s so that they can gain time and continue stealing.

Mails keep going round reminding the Argentines of the Boston Tea Party, the Cromwell revolution and the French Rev.

When the state grabs 41% percent of what a farmer makes it only means they have gone to far and must be stopped.

The K´s need to raise taxes to keep their *welfare state* that is why they grabbed the extra 10% just before the harvest.

ALL the campo pueblos and ALL the cities in the country are backing the campo with *cacerolazos" -pots and pans banging-.

The whole country is with the -campo*. 

It is totally psychopathic that right now when we are full of food that can feed the world and more we are stopped by the K administration.Even Uruguay has exported more meat than we have!

beso1

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: May 09, 2008, 09:05:25 PM »

"When the state grabs 41% percent of what a farmer makes it only means they have gone to far and must be stopped."

Have to agree there: you guys have interesting times ahead! Go, campesinos! Why are we not getting this on mainstream news? Sounds like a turning point, to me.

Stock up on food, when you can.

And be well
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
  Print  

Jump to: