- 3 (21.4%)
I'm not sure
- 3 (21.4%)
Other
- 1 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: August 07, 2018, 08:49:34 PM

Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200]

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 12141 times)

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #2985 on: Today at 12:09:42 PM »

Times are pretty good and getting better.
Unemployment is down, wages are up, the stock markets are running withe bulls and the tax cuts are pretty much paying for themselves.

And yet Trump's approval ratings are in the low 40s with even internal GOP polling showing Pelosi winning the one-on-one contest:

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/407731-internal-rnc-poll-shows-pelosi-is-more-popular-than-trump

Will the GOP find electoral success after showing they would be willing to cover up any amount of lying and corruption so that they can give the rich unpopular tax cuts (which LOL, no, are not coming close to paying for themselves, just the opposite)  and force through a Supreme Court pick which for the first time in the history of polling on the issue, has more people against his confirmation than for it?

I guess we will get the first signs on that in November, but indications are that they will not.

SCOTUS nominees polling status is a reflection of the President.

Republican can yowled Obamacare was “rammed through” thought it really wasn’t. However, if Kavanaugh is confirmed it will be because he was literally rammed through the process.

Funny - I thought I just sat through hearings.

Hearings based on incomplete documentation of Kavanaugh's legal career.

And of course, nothing potentially disqualifying has come up since then...

MrUtley3

• View Profile
« Reply #2986 on: Today at 12:11:57 PM »

https://people.com/crime/story-behind-united-nuwaubian-nation-moors-georgia-cult/

Surprised Josh didn't put this one up.

All along, York’s teachings grew stranger and stranger. He adopted the name “Chief Black Thunderbird Eagle” and announced he was the leader of a lost Native American tribe that fought early European colonization. He then declared that he was an extraterrestrial from the planet Rizq.

A pseudo religious cult led by a charismatic psychotic...

“I declare I’ve never heard of such a thing...” (clutches pearls)

Excusing racists?

Sad.

Especially child killers: https://www.ajc.com/news/local/breaking-surprise-guilty-plea-gwinnett-cult-baby-starving-death/mUAV0qvqI3mtuzF5UOltxM/

What?

A pseudo religious cult led by a charismatic psychotic...

Whoever heard of such a thing?

How about listing some of the superstars, like David Koresh, Jim Jones and Charlie Manson?

You know that guy, Michael the Blackman who goes to all the Trump rallies? The guy who holds up the Blacks For Trump sign? He used to be a member of a Miami based murder cult in the 90s.

Ever hear of these guys?

https://www.thedailybeast.com/twelve-tribes-the-church-preached-child-abuse-and-slavery

Yeah...

You’re trying to say someth8ng but you don’t know what it is.

Excuse making for bigots? Wow, you're tune has changed.

MrUtley3

• View Profile
« Reply #2987 on: Today at 12:13:39 PM »

To Red, Kid, and others in the cracker contingent,

This is what your wives, daughters, and other women in your lives think whether they respect you enough to share their points of view with you or not,

http://youtu.be/sd-474FqLO4

The "cracker contingent"?

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #2988 on: Today at 12:13:47 PM »

Times are pretty good and getting better.
Unemployment is down, wages are up, the stock markets are running withe bulls and the tax cuts are pretty much paying for themselves.

And yet Trump's approval ratings are in the low 40s with even internal GOP polling showing Pelosi winning the one-on-one contest:

I wonder if you understand that in polling there are folks who wont ADMIT to being behind this president but when  push comes to shove they will vote for (their wallet and safety) him.

No need to wonder.  I understand the argument, just as well as I understand that you have no factual basis on which to make it.  His silent majority is a myth.  Polling before the election that showed he would lose the popular vote by 2-3% ended up being correct.  And your theory is not consistent with polling that shows an 8% advantage for Democrats in congress largely due to a desire of Americans to oppose him.  His “strongly disapprove” numbers are also at historic highs.  49% of Americans, according to the last Washington Post-ABC poll, approve of impeachment.  This is not because people are too sheepish to tell pollsters their true feelings.

And even if your unsupported theory is true…Trump’s been carrying these dismal numbers for almost his entire administration.  Isn’t it remarkable that as soon as 2 months into Trump’s term so many Americans don’t want to publicly admit they support him?  Why would that be?  You think that speaks well for his electoral future?

MrUtley3

• View Profile
« Reply #2989 on: Today at 12:16:06 PM »

The tax cuts are adding 6 trillion to the GDP in the next decade...

LOL.  You truly aren't worth the time.
Actually I’m worth a lot more thanks to the GOPtax cuts.  Thanks for asking.

Guess you haven't read the tax bill. April surprise coming your way.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #2993 on: Today at 12:42:49 PM »

You’ve grown from someone who should be spat at to someone who should be pissed on. Nice job.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #2994 on: Today at 12:46:06 PM »

WALLET!!!
And if you give me: weeds, whites and wine. And you show me a sign.  I'll be willin' to be moving.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #2995 on: Today at 01:05:52 PM »

I've no idea how Red's faired in the last couple of years, rising tide and all that, but I'm pretty sure, in Elba he's worthless.

Bart

• View Profile
« Reply #2996 on: Today at 01:06:33 PM »

https://www.wsj.com/articles/deficit-projected-to-top-1-trillion-starting-next-year-1531950742

As for a longterm Trump dynasty, there is nothing dynastic about Trump.  More like loot, pillage, burn, then run like hell when the villagers finally catch on to what you and your cronies are doing.  (and after the burn part, dump the coal ash wherever you want, because we never have weather events that disturb arsenic and mercury-rich piles of coal ash) 
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes. "
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200]