Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1642 1643 [1644] 1645 1646 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1596382 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #24646 on: December 06, 2019, 09:27:16 PM »

Walk, bike, carpool, travel overseas by boat like Pippi Longstocking Greta T.  Reduce consumerism.  Reuse stuff, reycle when possible, promote mass transit locally, use a sturdy canvas totebag at the market, eat lower on the foodchain, buy stuff that lasts and take care of it like we humans had to do for 99% of our time on earth so far.  Reject foods that contain palm oil.  Eat local fruit instead of bananas shipped 2000 miles.   Try alternatives to rice, like millet, which produces far less methane.  Etc.

Spitting into the wind if don’t get off fossil fuels.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #24647 on: December 06, 2019, 09:31:52 PM »

Achtung, bitches!

In February of 2017, Esquire sent a reporter to a Trump rally in Florida, and one die-hard MAGA-type in attendance explained, simply and with no little pride, that he would embrace a Trumpian dictatorship: "I don't care what he does," Bill Moro told Jeb Lund. "I'm behind him 100 percent. Put it this way: If he became a dictator, and they said, 'We want him in forever,' he's my man. He's in. I'll never vote against him ... I love his power ... It's the power that does something to me."

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a30105492/republicans-give-president-trump-more-power-pew-poll/
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24648 on: December 06, 2019, 09:33:48 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24649 on: December 06, 2019, 09:38:33 PM »

https://mississippitoday.org/2019/12/05/southaven-republican-challenges-14-vote-loss-to-democrat-asks-house-to-overturn-election/?fbclid=IwAR21kwrlj_22vr4K6171s7AKINum35Z3u096zSl8x3Vm04ZqEj7i6X5dCEI

Poor loser, with a bunch of cheats who might give her what she wants the way they did in the last election.

Not even remotely government of or by the people. And probably not for them, either.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24651 on: December 06, 2019, 11:52:30 PM »

At least kiid seems to have dropped the phony pretense that he isn't a Trump supporter.

(I meant now/the past two years, not the last election)

Well, then you had it wrong.  I had said only thet Trump wasnt my candidate.  No mystery that I voted for the guy over Ms Clinton.
Oh, indeed. No secret at all.

There was only one racist coward hoodlum in the race. Of course you voted for him. He is your people.
I pray you mean kid. If my hand reached for the voting lever next.to Trump i would chew my arm off at the shoulder to stop it.

I was thinking as much of Trump's withered and useless testicles and Toad like member as one reason as well.

Definitely I Kid meant Kid. He has the temperament to get on his face in the mud in front of any degenerate semi-literate thug he can call leader. Unlike, Kid, you are no spineless jellyfish.

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #24652 on: December 07, 2019, 12:23:00 AM »

Is THIS your King?

I’m surprised he didn’t talk about ‘floaties.’

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-says-epa-looking-very-215909989.html

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #24653 on: December 07, 2019, 12:47:17 AM »

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24654 on: December 07, 2019, 04:08:56 AM »

Good news:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/05/politics/mueller-report-impeachment/index.html

This suggests that the ten separate obstruction of justice detrminations may make it in. You knoow the ones! The ones that Kid and Ward bizarrely kept insisting were clearing the president of wrongdoing because there was no indictment, despite the clear statements from Mueller to the contrary.

Trump asking James Comey to let Michael Flynn go

Trump’s reaction to the Russia investigation

The firing of James Comey

Mueller’s appointment and efforts to oust him

Efforts to curtail the Russia investigation

Attempts to stop the public from seeing the evidence

Trump trying to get Jeff Sessions to take back control of the investigation

Trump telling Don McGahn to deny that the president had wanted the special counsel removed

Trump’s team asking Flynn for a “heads up” on information and commending Paul Manafort for not “flipping”

The president’s changing behavior toward Michael Cohen
« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 04:24:25 AM by josh »

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #24655 on: December 07, 2019, 06:20:01 AM »

As some have pointed out, Russian collusion and Ukraine corruption are inter-related affairs in many ways:

1) both involved Trump's willingness to have foreign countries interfere in US presidential elections
(Trump publicly asked Russia to hack Clinton, he benefited from Putin/wikileaks hackings, he denies Russia interfered and claims Ukraine interfered in the last election despite all intel, and he tried to get Ukraine to interfere in this cycle by sliming the Bidens, plus asking China to investigate the Bidens)

2) both benefited Putin and Russia

3) both involved multiple instances and levels of obstruction of justice.  (Mueller shouldn't have let Trump brazen things out and not testify. And shouldn't have pretended a president can't be charged with crimes).

4) Trump had a secret tower project under negotiation in Russia, while Giuliani has all sorts of sordid business deals in Ukraine.  Meaning Trump and his lawyer were both hiding stuff foreign countries knew about, and were seeking to profit on their relationships with foreign gov'ts.

Even if these are separate events, they provide a distinct MO.  But there seems a fair amount of entanglement.  A willingness to solicit foreign interference in US elections, beholden to foreign powers who know your secrets, obstructing legal probes into the matters, and at the heart of it all an unnerving subservience to Putin and his best interest.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24656 on: December 07, 2019, 06:23:17 AM »

This suggests that the ten separate obstruction of justice detrminations may make it in. You knoow the ones! The ones that Kid and Ward bizarrely kept insisting were clearing the president of wrongdoing because there was no indictment, despite the clear statements from Mueller to the contrary.

Never said it.  Please don't misrepresent.  Makes you look so desperate.

barton

« Reply #24657 on: December 07, 2019, 10:43:54 AM »

Walk, bike, carpool, travel overseas by boat like Pippi Longstocking Greta T.  Reduce consumerism.  Reuse stuff, reycle when possible, promote mass transit locally, use a sturdy canvas totebag at the market, eat lower on the foodchain, buy stuff that lasts and take care of it like we humans had to do for 99% of our time on earth so far.  Reject foods that contain palm oil.  Eat local fruit instead of bananas shipped 2000 miles.   Try alternatives to rice, like millet, which produces far less methane.  Etc.

Spitting into the wind if don’t get off fossil fuels.

Yes, it's why I put walk and bike as the first two.   I would probably have to move south - we're pretty dependent on natural gas to get through winters here.   Solar heat with an electric heat backup for cloudy days would be a budget breaker at this latitude.   We'd have to transition with biomass fuels. 

I was answering Bambu, so was trying to convey some idea of where the transition would start.   The no palm oil thing is, surprisingly, significant.   Oil palm plantations release huge amounts of rainforest-stored carbon.   

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 1642 1643 [1644] 1645 1646 ... 4288