Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Religion and Politics  (Read 12566 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: Religion and Politics
« Reply #60 on: July 05, 2023, 05:16:35 PM »

A lot of people now are fake Christians, they only care about money, etc, and they are not serving the Lord like the Bible asks us to including in Mathew 25; 31-46.

I was able to do real Christian service when I went to Mexico with Youth For Christ to help the orphans, and people living in a garbage dump, we took them food and gifts and money and we showed them the love of Christ. That is what Christians do, I was not paid, and there was no reward in it for me, it was about helping those orphans in Mexico and serving God.

Also, as a teen I worked for the Burbank YMCA for two summers, and it was all about serving the Lord, I was not paid, I only made $40 per week for toothpaste, etc. I washed dishes, and I cleaned toilets, etc, I worked very hard, and it was all for Christ.

But now people are fake, and they only care about money. A friend in Quartz Hill, Earl, ended up homeless, and he went to the Church of Christ in Quartz Hill to worship and to pray for help. The church kicked Earl out of the church and they would not allow him to worship. They only cared about money and they did not care about serving God. They should have helped Earl, they should have let him worship and they should have helped him to get into the homeless shelter and to get help and housing so that he could get back into life. They should have helped Earl. I would never go to that church again after that. They are all fake Christians.

And guys like Joel Olteen only care about money, you would never see them helping the orphans in Mexico and giving money away to help the poor.

If we were smart, then the good Christians would control Mexico instead of the drug cartels. And our streets would not be full of homeless people if the Christians were doing as the Bible asks us to do.

I like Italy because Rome is the Christian capital of the world, and they are real Christians who help the homeless and who help the poor. And my dearly departed wonderful friend Lisa from the Philippines was Roman Catholic. The Philippines is a good Catholic country and a lot of the doctors here in the USA who are helping the homeless are from the Philippines, etc, etc, etc. My friend Rose was a cousin of the former President of the Philippines, Gloria Arrroyo, and Rose spent her whole life helping the homeless. Rose and Lisa were real Christians.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 11, 2023, 02:42:04 PM »

If you need a church in Anaheim, we have the Calvary Chapel Open Door Church...

https://ccopendoor.org/

The Minister is a retired Postal Worker who is very humble, Pastor Don, and the Church welcomes everyone including the homeless people.

In the movie "The Jesus Revolution" they have the Calvary Chapel in the movie, and also Harvest.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 11, 2023, 05:32:05 PM »

On the issue of helping the poor, groups such as Kiwanis, and churches, etc, can sell bottled water to raise money to help the children, etc.

For instance, there is a mountain stream in Tehachapi at the old Burbank YMCA summer camp and the water is pure and sweet, and the water can be bottled and sold by Kiwanis to raise money to help the children, etc.

Churches and charities can have products in the stores to sell to raise money to do charity work, etc. Such as the Paul Newman Spaghetti Sauce which raises money for charity, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 06, 2024, 11:58:47 PM »

Universal Studios could have a new Christian channel, with all Christian shows and movies.

54% of the modern services economy is streaming services such as movies and television shows, and Universal could have a new Christian channel.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2024, 01:09:16 PM »

God has given me miracles, I was in chronic pain for 2 years after an automobile accident, I should have gotten millions of dollars for my pain and suffering but all they gave me was sixteen grand, you hear the lawyers on the television talking about getting millions for people, I should have gotten millions, but anyhow, I was in severe pain for 2 years, and I was on my knees one day praying for God to take away my pain, and I felt like fire run down my spine and God took my pain away, God healed me and God took away my pain. So, today I am no longer in pain. I am so grateful not to be in pain.

Then, my Doctor told me that my blood tests were saying that I had Cancer, and the doctor told me to get my affairs in order and to prepare to die. Meanwhile they continued to run tests, and then after 2 years of tests all of a sudden they could no longer detect Cancer, I starting testing that I was healthy. So, God gave me another miracle and God healed me. I am still alive, and I do not have Cancer. This was my 3rd Cancer scare, I had a growth on my tongue that I had removed a long time ago, and I had lump in my armpit that they did surgery to remove, but everything was benign. God has taken care of me, I have had some scares but I am doing fine now.

Then, here is a little miracle that was just God letting me know he is with me... I was fishing at Newport Beach and I tied on a new lure and casted out and my line broke, and my new lure flew out into the ocean. So, I tied on another lure and I casted out. When I reeled in that lure then there was my lure that I had lost hanging from my hook, I caught the new lure that had flown out into the ocean when my line broke, I caught that lure, that is impossible, but it happened. It was God letting me know that he is still with me.

I have not been going to church like I should have been all of these years, but I have always had faith in God, and I have always been close with God. And I always try to obey the 10 Commandments and the Golden Rule. I try to be a good Christian. And God has given me miracles.

Salute,

Tony V.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2024, 03:21:42 PM »

God has given me miracles, I was in chronic pain for 2 years after an automobile accident, I should have gotten millions of dollars for my pain and suffering but all they gave me was sixteen grand, you hear the lawyers on the television talking about getting millions for people, I should have gotten millions, but anyhow, I was in severe pain for 2 years, and I was on my knees one day praying for God to take away my pain, and I felt like fire run down my spine and God took my pain away, God healed me and God took away my pain. So, today I am no longer in pain. I am so grateful not to be in pain.

Then, my Doctor told me that my blood tests were saying that I had Cancer, and the doctor told me to get my affairs in order and to prepare to die. Meanwhile they continued to run tests, and then after 2 years of tests all of a sudden they could no longer detect Cancer, I starting testing that I was healthy. So, God gave me another miracle and God healed me. I am still alive, and I do not have Cancer. This was my 3rd Cancer scare, I had a growth on my tongue that I had removed a long time ago, and I had lump in my armpit that they did surgery to remove, but everything was benign. God has taken care of me, I have had some scares but I am doing fine now.

Then, here is a little miracle that was just God letting me know he is with me... I was fishing at Newport Beach and I tied on a new lure and casted out and my line broke, and my new lure flew out into the ocean. So, I tied on another lure and I casted out. When I reeled in that lure then there was my lure that I had lost hanging from my hook, I caught the new lure that had flown out into the ocean when my line broke, I caught that lure, that is impossible, but it happened. It was God letting me know that he is still with me.

I have not been going to church like I should have been all of these years, but I have always had faith in God, and I have always been close with God. And I always try to obey the 10 Commandments and the Golden Rule. I try to be a good Christian. And God has given me miracles.

Salute,

Tony V.
You do not want the kind of injuries that get you a $2,000,000 settlement. Not at any price.

If prayer healed you, you should return the money you did get.
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 07, 2024, 06:01:27 PM »

Salute,

Tony V.
You do not want the kind of injuries that get you a $2,000,000 settlement. Not at any price.

If prayer healed you, you should return the money you did get.

I was in severe pain at any price, for 2 years, I should have gotten a big settlement for that. And then God gave me a miracle and God healed me. I went to 4 doctors and all that they did was give me pain pills and tell me that there was nothing they could do. I did not want to get addicted to pain pills, that is how a lot of people have problems is by being in pain and getting addicted to pain pills, then they start doing heroin, etc. Elizabeth Taylor fell off of a horse and had to take pain pills, and then she got addicted to pain pills, and she had to go to the Betty Ford Center to get help for her addiction. I did not want to get addicted to pain pills so I suffered. Then after 2 years of suffering God took pity on me and gave me a miracle.

And the same when the doctor told me I was going to die of Cancer, God healed me, it was all up to God, I prayed, and then I started testing free from Cancer. For 2 years they were running tests, and then the tests started saying I was healthy. I got well.

God is in charge. With my pain, and with the Cancer, God handled it for me, and God gave me miracles.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 07, 2024, 08:24:47 PM »

Last Sunday Dr Charles Stanley talked about waiting upon the Lord, and not being tired from waiting, and not getting burned out, when you learn to wait upon the Lord then when the opportunities present themselves you will be able to act with freshness and vigor.

Here is an example of a man waiting upon the Lord; Lech Walesa was an unemployed electrician in Poland, but at the right time in his life he climbed a fence to make a speech and he ended up helping to lead Poland to freedom, with Pope John Paul II helping him ( Who was also from Poland), and with the help of America. At the right time in his life God took an unemployed electrician and made him a rebel leader, and God made him President of a free Poland. Lech was not tired from waiting, he became President of Poland with great vigor and freshness.

When we learn to wait upon the Lord, and listen to the Lord, then we will be able to enter the activities that God wants us to enter with freshness and vigor.

Salute,

Tony V.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]