Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
April 23, 2018, 11:06:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Is Britney's career over?
Yes
No

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 37
  Print  
Author Topic: Celebreality  (Read 10295 times)
Dzimas
Superhero Member

I thought you said your name was Nobody.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2007, 09:10:19 AM »

I imagine the notoriety will suit her well on the celebrity comeback trail.  Jail is like the Betty Ford Center for brats like Paris and reprobates like Nick Nolte.
liquidsilver
Superhero Member

Herpes, the gift that keeps on giving.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2007, 11:41:14 AM »

Well, Paris checked in last night following the MTV Music Awards.  How did she get time off for good behavior prior to serving any?

I was thinking I might cheer her up with a conjugal visit.....

"I hate listening to peoples dreams. It's like flipping through a stack of photographs. If I'm not in any of them and nobody's having sex, I just don't care."
lulu

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2007, 12:26:33 PM »

I'm missing something here?

Why are Paris and her sister famous?  ditto Jessica Simpson?  Lindsay Lohan?  Brittney?

What talents have they given the world?  who cares a shit about their meltdowns?

Paris is so dumb she didn't know she can't drive without a license?  Her parents never should have had children. 

With so much real news going on, why do the networks (and rags) spend so much time on these pseudo celebrites (or even real celebrities).
Dzimas
Superhero Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2007, 06:43:51 AM »

You are taking all this much too seriously, lulu.  In this day and age of celebrity reality shows, talent is the last thing that determines star power, and for whatever reason Paris has captured the public imagination.  I'm surprised they didn't film her jail experience.  I'm sure it would have been a big television hit.
liquidsilver
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2007, 08:36:30 AM »

If your poor, attractive, and a train wreck, you have to settle for the Jerry Springer Show, if you're rich, attractive, and a train wreck, they'll give you your very own show.

"I hate listening to peoples dreams. It's like flipping through a stack of photographs. If I'm not in any of them and nobody's having sex, I just don't care."
lulu

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2007, 02:01:34 PM »

I'm just appalled that the news show, with the little time they have, spend more time on people like Paris Hilton than on the war in Iraq and real analyses of presidential runners.  Issues like security, the supreme Court (and the disastrous decisions made), etc. are given less time.

Yes, I do take it seriously.
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2007, 06:52:53 PM »

I'm missing something here?

Why are Paris and her sister famous?  ditto Jessica Simpson?  Lindsay Lohan?  Brittney?

What talents have they given the world?  who cares a shit about their meltdowns?

Paris is so dumb she didn't know she can't drive without a license?  Her parents never should have had children. 

With so much real news going on, why do the networks (and rags) spend so much time on these pseudo celebrites (or even real celebrities).

You're an idiot.

Lohan is an actress.  Simpson and Spears music artists.  Hilton a jetsetting heiress.
Dzimas
Superhero Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2007, 11:26:56 PM »

Music Artist is a bit of a stretch.  Pop singer is more like it in these cases.  They are all rather pathetic, especially when their "real life" problems become magnified on television.  If it wasn't for the money, I don't know how any of these persons could live with themselves.
liquidsilver
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2007, 01:23:41 PM »

http://www.tmz.com/2007/06/05/paris-is-cryin-and-freezin-as-inmates-chant/

lulu

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2007, 02:39:59 PM »

I'm an idiot???

You probably voted for bush?  I hope they bring back the draft and you get called to serve in iraq.

If you are joking about calling me an idiot, I apologize.

If you weren't joking, my remark stands.
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2007, 03:57:10 PM »

Shit - that sucks.  Now I'm wounded.
Kam
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2007, 04:40:39 PM »

Lulu - Have fun with this one.

You know when, like, you're little, your dad, you think he's Superman. Then when you grow up and realize he's just a regular guy who wears a cape.
-Dave Attell
harrie
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2007, 10:58:18 AM »

It looks as if lulu's "Free Paris" campaign was quite effective.

Paris Hilton Released from Jail, Reassigned to House Arrest
http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=264705&GT1=7703
liquidsilver
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2007, 11:09:41 AM »

Ridiculous.  Just another case of the double standards for the rich and famous versus the rest of us folks

Dzimas
Superhero Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2007, 11:40:48 AM »

The whole thing is a joke anyway. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 37
  Print  

Jump to: