Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
April 24, 2018, 12:33:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Is Britney's career over?
Yes
No

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 37
  Print  
Author Topic: Celebreality  (Read 10303 times)
Donotremove
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2007, 12:58:20 PM »

Don't you suppose with all the media attention, 24/7, the criminal justice system probably figured she was more trouble than punishing her was worth?  House arrest puts her and her media followers back at her house, and good riddance.
liquidsilver
Superhero Member

Herpes, the gift that keeps on giving.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2007, 12:59:26 PM »

House arrest because she is refusing to eat the food -- what a great precedent for our legal system.

"I hate listening to peoples dreams. It's like flipping through a stack of photographs. If I'm not in any of them and nobody's having sex, I just don't care."
lulu

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2007, 01:41:09 PM »

Angry

Scooter Libby only gets 30 months in jail (if at all) and Paris is let loose under house arrest (some punishment).  When did justice disappear?  i think when the GOP took over and there were so many crooks, lies, criminal acts that they can't afford to let anyone (except Democrats) go to jail.

While the poor get sentenced to death because of incompetent lawyers and/or not enough to handle the workload since this administration wants to fry everyone it can.

harrie
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2007, 03:09:59 PM »

Throw Tom Sizemore in there, and you can make it an epic minisieries.
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2007, 06:43:28 PM »

Angry

Scooter Libby only gets 30 months in jail (if at all) and Paris is let loose under house arrest (some punishment).  When did justice disappear?  i think when the GOP took over and there were so many crooks, lies, criminal acts that they can't afford to let anyone (except Democrats) go to jail.

While the poor get sentenced to death because of incompetent lawyers and/or not enough to handle the workload since this administration wants to fry everyone it can.

Only 30 months?  You're a bigger idiot than I thought.
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2007, 06:44:50 PM »

[/quote]

Not whinin' about Tookie Williams again, are ya?
Kam
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2007, 09:09:28 PM »

While the major media outlets report on Paris, and Anna Nicole, they bury an American tragedy.

Do not click this link if descriptions of graphic violence and horror disturb you. 

http://hotair.com/archives/2007/05/16/a-horror-story-the-msm-wont-tell/

I don't know whats more shocking.  The crime or the fact that the national media ignored the story?

Both are deplorable.

You know when, like, you're little, your dad, you think he's Superman. Then when you grow up and realize he's just a regular guy who wears a cape.
-Dave Attell
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2007, 11:23:54 PM »

But certainly we don't favor the death penalty.  These men can be rehabilitated, after all.
whiskeypriest
Superhero Member

Life is skittles and life is beer.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2007, 08:15:49 AM »

While the major media outlets report on Paris, and Anna Nicole, they bury an American tragedy.

Do not click this link if descriptions of graphic violence and horror disturb you. 

I don't know whats more shocking.  The crime or the fact that the national media ignored the story?

Both are deplorable.

Actually, there is really nothing to the media's "ignoring" the story.  Sadly, stuff like that - what actually happened, rather than the blogosphere version of what happened - happens on an almost daily basis.  Here's the local paper's ombudsman, a conservative voice, on the media coverage:

http://www.cleveland.com/readers/index.ssf?/base/opinion-0/1179650619169080.xml&coll=2

What does it matter?  All is grace.
Kam
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2007, 09:21:45 AM »

Both are deplorable.

Actually, there is really nothing to the media's "ignoring" the story.  Sadly, stuff like that - what actually happened, rather than the blogosphere version of what happened - happens on an almost daily basis.  Here's the local paper's ombudsman, a conservative voice, on the media coverage:

http://www.cleveland.com/readers/index.ssf?/base/opinion-0/1179650619169080.xml&coll=2

Incredulous....  How can there be nothing to this??  If the races were reversed there would be a national outcry.  That fact alone means we have a media that is deciding what we deserve to hear and read.

This is nothing more than the news outlets deciding that we need to hear about Paris and Anna Nicole before we need to hear real news.  This story was picked up by the AP after all, why did the national media choose not to publish in their papers?

You know when, like, you're little, your dad, you think he's Superman. Then when you grow up and realize he's just a regular guy who wears a cape.
-Dave Attell
Kam
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2007, 09:24:15 AM »

Kidcarter... i am re-thinking my stand on the death penalty.  These men (and woman) deserve worse than death.

-Dave Attell
whiskeypriest
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2007, 09:40:45 AM »

Both are deplorable.

Incredulous....  How can there be nothing to this??  If the races were reversed there would be a national outcry.  That fact alone means we have a media that is deciding what we deserve to hear and read.

This is nothing more than the news outlets deciding that we need to hear about Paris and Anna Nicole before we need to hear real news.  This story was picked up by the AP after all, why did the national media choose not to publish in their papers?
If there was any indication that the murders were based on race you might have a point.  But there isn't and you don't.

Kam
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2007, 09:44:05 AM »

How can you say they were not based on race?  5 black perps, 2 white victims.  Would the crime have even happened if not for the victims were driving in a black neighborhood? 

-Dave Attell
Kam
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2007, 09:45:32 AM »

Are you saying that HATE CRIME can never be black on white?  or Gay on Straight?  I really want to understand why you defend the national media on this one.

-Dave Attell
whiskeypriest
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2007, 09:48:38 AM »

How can you say they were not based on race?  5 black perps, 2 white victims.  Would the crime have even happened if not for the victims were driving in a black neighborhood? 
Ask the sherrif.  Ask Chandon Christian's parents.  They have both said that there was no indication of any race based animus. 

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 37
  Print  

Jump to: