Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
January 23, 2018, 08:40:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Is Britney's career over?
Yes
No

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 34
  Print  
Author Topic: Celebreality  (Read 8611 times)
tjaxon

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: June 16, 2007, 08:36:11 PM »

Sentencing harsher because of her actions in court.

I'd cry to if I were sentenced to jail, and I wouldn't be missing out on near the lifestyle or percs she is. I don't believe that is grounds for harsher sentencing

That stupid spoiled whore should be locked up for at least a year considering how many times she's been busted driving shit-faced.

How many times has the stupid spoiled whore been busted for driving shit-faced? I was only aware of the one incident, though I confess, I don't keep track.

Sounds like another case of paris-envy to me.

We cannot change the direction of the wind... but we can adjust our sails.
Dzimas
Superhero Member

I thought you said your name was Nobody.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: June 18, 2007, 06:49:51 AM »

The sentence was unduly severe and only helped to draw more attention to Paris' plight than anything else.  The sheriff wisely wanted to rid himself of the three ring circus an overzealous judge had created.
lulu

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: June 18, 2007, 02:48:49 PM »

I think she drove two times after probation with a suspended license.  Claims her lawyer said it was okay.  the woman is as thick as a brick, brainwise.  I think jail may be the only way to get it through her head that driving and drinking is a no-no; neither is driving with a suspended sentence; nor is breaking terms of probation.
madupont
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: June 18, 2007, 06:03:56 PM »

lulu --

Do you remember Zsa Zsa Gabor (and her sisters)?  They don't outgrow it you know. It's a habit induced early in life that they are exceptional(ly something). At least with the Gabors, they did have some miniscule talents to accompany their looks.

Paris is obviously the "real deal". As I recall, other than the photo-ops, her first assignment was on a tv promo that might turn into a series or at the very least a  "sequel" to follow her first appearance with another girl who were visiting a farm for the summer; with the the joke-line consisting of how unaware they were out of their own environment.

That was meant to be the joke.  Why didn't we notice that Paris actually didn't have a clue.  Just accept that. She's all you see and hear. Nothing more nor less.
harrie
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: June 18, 2007, 07:58:07 PM »

lulu --

Do you remember Zsa Zsa Gabor (and her sisters)?  They don't outgrow it you know. It's a habit induced early in life that they are exceptional(ly something). At least with the Gabors, they did have some miniscule talents to accompany their looks.

Nifty work using the Gabors as an example, since Zsa Zsa was married to Conrad Hilton, Paris' great-grandfather.  Keeping it all in the family, etc.

madupont
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: June 18, 2007, 09:51:16 PM »

FRANKLY,   I didn't think there would be anybody around here who would remember who they were!
TrojanHorse
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: June 18, 2007, 11:49:19 PM »

FRANKLY,   I didn't think there would be anybody around here who would remember who they were!

Sure...Zsa Zsa made headlines later in life by actually "slapping" a traffic cop that had pulled her over in Beverly Hills...the nerve of him...
Dzimas
Superhero Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: June 19, 2007, 12:44:48 AM »

The Gabor sisters are a good allusion.  I think Paris and Nicole's The Simple Life was more or less modeled on Green Acres.  Who knows, maybe they can even reprise the series,

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0058808/

as a movie with Paris as lovely Lisa.
madupont
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: June 19, 2007, 12:46:07 AM »

"wow!" that does sound "familiar". Smiley

Do you suppose is some kind of genetic defect? No, that's right, the ladies are not actually genetically related. Are they...?
harrie
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: June 19, 2007, 09:25:36 AM »

I kind of wish the new poll had an "all of the above" option.  Though I realize that would be in conflict with the "most" part of the question. This will take some pondering.
lulu

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: June 19, 2007, 10:11:31 AM »

Angry

Why couldn't I vote for all of the above?

And why is Angelina so anxious to adopt so many so fast?  Seems to be a very needy thing with her.  she's adopting kids as fast as I'm collecting cds.
Dzimas
Superhero Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: June 20, 2007, 09:01:26 AM »

Mia Farrow went through this as well, until Woody took a special interest in one of their charges.
Dzimas
Superhero Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: June 20, 2007, 09:02:43 AM »

I suppose any celeb becomes annoying with too much exposure.
whiskeypriest
Superhero Member

Life is skittles and life is beer.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: June 20, 2007, 09:25:56 AM »

I kind of wish the new poll had an "all of the above" option.  Though I realize that would be in conflict with the "most" part of the question. This will take some pondering.
Why are all the "annoying" celebs female?

What does it matter?  All is grace.
madupont
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: June 20, 2007, 09:37:50 AM »

Because who ever set up the test for qualified road-kill didn't know of any men who weren't perfect celebrities?

Whiskey, it is kind of like the phenomena back in the Seventies when the so called feminist literature liberation took place and women who went back to school (because their kids were also now in school) would phone me and tell me that their male instructor in Literature, in some podunk small university branch, could not remember any important writers who happened to have been women.

Know your yin and yang. Yin is the dark side,remember. Yang is brilliant!           

But I think a start was made yesterday at Movies (or was it in here?) when you guys began a critique on the smugness of Tom Cruise.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 34
  Print  

Jump to: