Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
June 17, 2018, 09:58:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Is Britney's career over?
Yes
No

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 38
  Print  
Author Topic: Celebreality  (Read 13029 times)
Dzimas
Superhero Member

I thought you said your name was Nobody.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: June 20, 2007, 10:09:27 AM »

K-Fed would be on my list of most annoying male celebrities, along with Tom Cruise, P. Diddy and most of the current wave of rap "artists."
madupont
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: June 20, 2007, 11:32:18 AM »

Of course, you know that Sean Jean Puffy Combs was a supporter of Kerry in 2004?
Dzimas
Superhero Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: June 20, 2007, 01:23:21 PM »

"Vote or Die!" I believe was Mr. Diddy's message, which Jon Stewart made fun of to no end.
desdemona222b
Superhero Member

That's What I'm Talking About

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: June 20, 2007, 01:30:19 PM »

Good to see there are lots of other Angelina Jolie haters out there.  What a publicity hound.  "Yeah, Wow - I used to be so crazy I carried a vial of Billy Bob's blood around my neck and show it to everybody.  But now I'm going to save the world.  Next stop, the North Pole.  I hear there are starving Eskimos everywhere up there."
madupont
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: June 20, 2007, 01:35:24 PM »

But, of course, he was correct. SJ, otherwise likely "Dad". I realize his application of "common usage" is not as fly as Dave Chappelle; which is because more white people wait to hear what words P.Diddy comes out with, since he is rich. They haven't a clue.  Chappelle on the other hand talks to white folks; they haven't a clue either. Especially when he describes them as the new N...... as defined by Bush doctrine. They just don't get it. What a frail position they are in.
madupont
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: June 20, 2007, 01:54:47 PM »

des,

There is probably only one thing funnier than Jolie playing M.Perle(which may play quite well with no fun about it at all),and that was the protest by Thandie Newton who wanted the part (because, would you believe the reasoning, Angelina isn't an African-American).

Could have fooled me, well, anyway it becomes necessary to rhetorically convince Thandie Baby that she is a much finer actor than A.J. thus far; witness the fine work she does opposite David Thewles in Rome where two people learn to appreciate each other's culture, when he recognizes that she is comprehending his kind of musicianship even if she is an African housemaid studying medicine on the side.

I will have to dig out the title, unless somebody else who is into music has seen this film.

After elaborate discussions of acting to sooth the savage beast that gets hold of actors who lose a part to their competition, it turns out eventually that Thandie Newton is just as mixed race as the character she played in--Jefferson in Paris.

This is not entirely a whole lot different than how Jolie "feels", conflicted quite often; my guess is one reason for wanting a large family is not having had one when you needed siblings. And if you can afford to create a family as charitably thus far, why not?
madupont
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: June 20, 2007, 08:07:15 PM »

Actually, I do like her but was comparing Thandie Newton's primadonna attitude unfavourably to Jolie who can be quite a primadonna herself on occasion -- which is fascinating to watch.  Since I am not a fan of the new action genre, my favourite movie so far was when she co-starred with Billy Bob Thornton (which kicked off the marriage) and John Cusack and I believe they even put Kate Blanchett in there for -- Pushing Tin.

I used this example recently to explain to some recalcitrant UK residents why Reagan deregulating air-controllers was perhaps not the wisest thing imaginable because what that led to in a free for all with the airways is something a sensible person should have considered before we were stuck with it.
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: June 20, 2007, 09:01:39 PM »

Good to see there are lots of other Angelina Jolie haters out there.  What a publicity hound.  "Yeah, Wow - I used to be so crazy I carried a vial of Billy Bob's blood around my neck and show it to everybody.  But now I'm going to save the world.  Next stop, the North Pole.  I hear there are starving Eskimos everywhere up there."

I prefer my celebs just squirrel away their cash and do no good for society.
Detective_Winslow

Don't forget to bring a towel!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: June 20, 2007, 10:26:28 PM »

This coming from the same guy who announced on the NY times forum that he bathed Flava Flav with his tongue for $1,000.  Were you being serious kidcarter?

I hope that I haven't offended anyone.
Dzimas
Superhero Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: June 21, 2007, 12:01:35 AM »

I would narrow my list down to Simpson and Spears.
madupont
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: June 21, 2007, 12:56:06 AM »

Reply #131

That movie with Thandie Newton and David Thewlis was made by Bertolucci in 1998 and is known as  -- Besieged; or, at other times just --Siege.  It has a particularly beautiful Roman setting with views of the Spanish Steps area from the open roof of the musicians household (Thewlis plays a pianist named, Kinsky, who hires a housemaid,Thandie Newton whom he begins courting. She finds this forward and offensive.)and in the later final scenes a party attended mostly by children is held in a walled garden of the household. Kinsky's practice room opens on to this garden, and we have a particular surprise during the garden-party when we hear very complex music which we assume that Kinsky is playing, only to discover that it -- well, that's a spoiler so I will leave it like that.

There are a number of great music scenes and performances in this film, as well as unusally good supporting cast among the Italian actors such as the man who delivers the grande piano before  Thandi knows there is to be a concert party.  Having thought that her employer was emptying out his music room and getting rid of all furnishings and his practice instrument, she is fascinated to see the piano  hovering and lurching above her as the  man in charge supervises the hoisting of the piano to the third floor from the street.

This is one of Bertolucci's gentler films, although it remains political and reminds us how easily we misunderstand each other's motivations in this realm, where the most important events in an individual's life take place at a distance, which makes it impossible that another person can even begin to realize how that individual has been affected, no matter how much they try to discover what the other person's life is actually like and what things really mean.
Dzimas
Superhero Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: June 21, 2007, 02:07:12 AM »

I remember that movie, madupont.  It had some good moments in it, but somehow was too listless for my taste, as has been the case with the latter Bertolucci films.  I've always like Thandie Newton, and I think David Thewlis is an exceptional actor.  He was downright eerie in Naked.
madupont
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: June 21, 2007, 12:48:12 PM »

Missed that!

Beseiged is just another style than his original Sturm und drang...

Think back to his scenes set in Africa for this film.
lulu

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: June 21, 2007, 03:23:25 PM »

And Gabor's husband claimed he was the father of Anna Nicole Smith's baby. 

TrojanHorse
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: June 22, 2007, 01:24:43 PM »

Why are all the "annoying" celebs female?
[/quote]

Let's start our own poll then...

What are everyone's votes for most annoying male celeb?  We've already been making fun of Keanu elsewhere and he hasn;t really been in the news much latrely..

hmmm  no one comes to mind right off the bat...maybe that's the problem WP?

Oh, how aw about K-Fed?

You know I AM getting a little tired of Mathew McConoughey  (sp?)  with his short off on every cover  (Maybe I'm confusing that with jealousy though)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 38
  Print  

Jump to: