Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
April 22, 2018, 10:31:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Is Britney's career over?
Yes
No

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 37
  Print  
Author Topic: Celebreality  (Read 10162 times)
TrojanHorse
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: June 22, 2007, 01:27:12 PM »

But, of course, he was correct. SJ, otherwise likely "Dad". I realize his application of "common usage" is not as fly as Dave Chappelle; which is because more white people wait to hear what words P.Diddy comes out with, since he is rich. They haven't a clue.  Chappelle on the other hand talks to white folks; they haven't a clue either. Especially when he describes them as the new N...... as defined by Bush doctrine. They just don't get it. What a frail position they are in.

Maybe white people should have more black friends instead of trying to change their speech patterns by what black "celebrities" are saying lately...it's supposed to be the great melting pot and all that...

just a thought...
harrie
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: June 22, 2007, 01:49:23 PM »

Let's start our own poll then...

What are everyone's votes for most annoying male celeb?  We've already been making fun of Keanu elsewhere and he hasn;t really been in the news much latrely..

hmmm  no one comes to mind right off the bat...maybe that's the problem WP?

Oh, how aw about K-Fed?

You know I AM getting a little tired of Mathew McConoughey  (sp?)  with his short off on every cover  (Maybe I'm confusing that with jealousy though)

I'll second K-Fed (or Fed-Ex, whichever); and add old reliables Tom Cruise and Donald Trump.   I also agree on the Matthew McConaughey thing - there are few things as unattractive as someone who's started beliving their own publicity.  Maybe I'm being overly harsh.  But in spite of his last few movies having tanked, MM still makes good money and can afford clothing, I am sure.  If not, we could always start a drive, I suppose.
jbottle
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: June 22, 2007, 05:38:44 PM »

Nobody is a bigger asshole than Rosie O'Donnell:  I know it goes withought saying, but it's like a Celebreality rule that is codified in stone.  In science we generally accept the SECOND RULE OF THERMODYNAMICS as established hard science, in Celebreality, there is NO DEBATE the Rosie O'Donnell is the world's biggest asshole in competition with only fascist dictators like Kim Jung Il and that asshole from Iran and Carl Rove and Michael Jackson and Barry Bonds and Terrell Owens and OJ Simpson.

"Annoying" doesn't cover it, there's like an elite level of asshole where there's a handful of people the world would be much better off not hearing about, especially the fat slob carpet muncher Rosie O'Donnell.
jbottle
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: June 22, 2007, 05:40:41 PM »

Testing the boundaries of good taste on my trek to 200 posts, not that I really care or anything.
TrojanHorse
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: June 22, 2007, 05:46:39 PM »

Testing the boundaries of good taste on my trek to 200 posts, not that I really care or anything.

yes...

I winced and thought maybe you were inviting future censorship here...best to self monitor
Detective_Winslow

Don't forget to bring a towel!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: June 22, 2007, 05:50:13 PM »

What a lovely couple.

I hope that I haven't offended anyone.
pugetopolis
Superhero Member

Ink Inc.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: June 22, 2007, 09:21:28 PM »

The Perfect Couple -- Detective Winslow and Boswell!!!!!

“Other people's obsessions
are more often funny than tragic.”
—Vincent Canby, The New York Times
TrojanHorse
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: June 23, 2007, 03:02:02 AM »

Which one is worse?

Bad Parenting Awards:
David Hassellhof
Alec Baldwin

TrojanHorse
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: June 23, 2007, 03:04:09 AM »

I finally saw that photo of Paris carrying the Bible and The Power of Now

too funny

why that's exaclty how I would hold two brand new books I was carrying...spread out...with the front covers facing out so that everyone I was facing could read the titles...
madupont
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: June 23, 2007, 08:58:36 AM »

I just have one question about this posting area.  A person can be celebrated or a celebrity. But what the heck is celebreality?

It is definitely not the same thing as a state of being a cerebralist or something which is cerebral.

This has been bugging me for weeks.
chauncey.g

« Reply #145 on: June 23, 2007, 09:09:57 AM »

Under new terms of her sentence, Paris is allowed to join the army in lieu of community service.
tjaxon

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: June 23, 2007, 12:57:12 PM »

This will probably embarrass the Paris haters.

LOS ANGELES - The city prosecutor who condemned Paris Hilton’s early release from jail as celebrity favoritism is now under fire for a case of special treatment closer to home — acknowledging his wife was wanted for arrest for nine years.

The disclosure, first reported by the Los Angeles Times on Wednesday, is the latest in a mushrooming scandal that has engulfed City Attorney Rocky Delgadillo, who ran for California attorney general last year but lost.

According to the Times, a warrant for his wife’s arrest was issued by a judge in 1998 after she failed to appear in court on charges of driving without insurance on a suspended license in an unregistered car.

This is the same dude who publicly chided the sheriff for Hilton's early release, complaining of favoritism, even though Hilton's time served is already well past what the usual sentence for driving on a suspended license brings. Maybe he figures living with him for the last nine years is as good as house arrest...

We cannot change the direction of the wind... but we can adjust our sails.
chauncey.g

« Reply #147 on: June 23, 2007, 01:36:07 PM »

A public servant failed to uphold the law? What's up wit' dat?
TrojanHorse
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: June 23, 2007, 02:03:52 PM »

I just have one question about this posting area.  A person can be celebrated or a celebrity. But what the heck is celebreality?

It is definitely not the same thing as a state of being a cerebralist or something which is cerebral.

This has been bugging me for weeks.

not sure if you were kidding or not...

I read it as playing along with the trend of the last 10 or so years of blending more than one word into a new one...   somethign Disney did decades ago with "Imagineering"  the blending of Imagination and engineering.

In this case  celebrity and reality   -- though its not quite as elegant as most...

TrojanHorse
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: June 23, 2007, 02:05:35 PM »

thanks tjaxon...that was intersting info

I'm sure much more will come out...now that he's ticked off the sheriff
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 37
  Print  

Jump to: