Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
July 19, 2018, 07:41:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Is Britney's career over?
Yes
No

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 38
  Print  
Author Topic: Celebreality  (Read 13769 times)
Admin
Administrator

View Profile Email
« on: May 09, 2007, 09:27:56 AM »

Paris Hilton was recently sentenced to 45 days in jail for violating the terms of her DUI probation. She and her fans are circulating petitions asking Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to pardon her.  Discuss.
liquidsilver
Superhero Member

Herpes, the gift that keeps on giving.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 09:44:50 AM »

Paris is milking this for all its worth.  I wish she would get thrown in with the general population instead of being seperated.

"I hate listening to peoples dreams. It's like flipping through a stack of photographs. If I'm not in any of them and nobody's having sex, I just don't care."
prairiepop

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 01:07:53 PM »

Somehow the mental snapshot of Paris in the general pop of the tank is wondrous to contemplate.  Of course she should do her 45 days and then [ba-da-bing] get someone to write Her Story...that ought to be good for several news cycles...on the late nite shows, at Amazon.com, Paris will have a whole new career as Victim Of The System.  Her booking photo is much handsomer than that of Nick Nolte's, but they both spell d-e-n-i-a-l exactly the same way.  Unlike Nolte, however, Paris is truly boring...
liquidsilver
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 03:23:22 PM »

Maybe she could get Nicole Richie to join her and they could film "The Simple Life" from prison

"I hate listening to peoples dreams. It's like flipping through a stack of photographs. If I'm not in any of them and nobody's having sex, I just don't care."
MrUtley3
Superhero Member

X'Cessive Mercenary

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2007, 03:05:50 PM »

Check out this artist's rendition of P. Hilton:

http://www.reuters.com/article/entertainmentNews/idUSN0936508120070509?src=051007_0824_ARTICLE_PROMO_also_on_reuters

Does anyone know where the love of God goes
When the waves turn the minutes to hours?
jbottle
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2007, 10:34:36 PM »

Paris should not have to go to jail, she should be submitted to jbottle for mild slap and tickle, and released after 4-8 min.
harrie
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2007, 12:20:04 AM »

Better make sure your shots are up to date first.
Kam
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2007, 02:15:04 AM »

Hey MrUtley, you can just post the image next time. Its easy. Saves others from having to click.

You know when, like, you're little, your dad, you think he's Superman. Then when you grow up and realize he's just a regular guy who wears a cape.
-Dave Attell
liquidsilver
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2007, 10:51:08 AM »

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20070517.wparishilton0518/BNStory/Entertainment/home

MrUtley3
Superhero Member

X'Cessive Mercenary

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2007, 12:56:53 PM »

Hey MrUtley, you can just post the image next time. Its easy. Saves others from having to click.

Evidently, I'm not as forward thinking as you, kam.

Having only learned just yesterday how to put a picture next to my name.  Grin

Does anyone know where the love of God goes
When the waves turn the minutes to hours?
TrojanHorse
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2007, 10:20:35 AM »

95% of those polled in People magazine said she should serve her time (and shut up).  My wife is a subscriber...no really...

The other 5% said she should wear that little black thing she wore in the Carl's Jr. commercials and do community servicing...  ;>
harrie
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2007, 04:48:31 PM »

95% of those polled in People magazine said she should serve her time (and shut up).  My wife is a subscriber...no really...

Hey, do you by any chance know jbottle's sister?   Oh, never mind....
TrojanHorse
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2007, 07:31:11 PM »

don't know the sister, but I remember jbottle from the Times...

i don't know what it is about those darn celebrity magazines.  i honestly would never even think about buying one...but the darn things keep showing up at my house and I'll be darned if i don't pick them up and look at them.

shhh  don't tell anyone
jbottle
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2007, 08:36:30 PM »

My sister is really the one.  I'm boring, I get things like "Consumer Reports" and "Swank."
chauncey.g

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2007, 08:32:58 AM »

another perspective.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/hein/hein169.html
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 38
  Print  

Jump to: