Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
April 25, 2018, 10:26:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Is Britney's career over?
Yes
No

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 37
  Print  
Author Topic: Celebreality  (Read 10539 times)
harrie
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #420 on: January 28, 2008, 11:24:52 AM »

So.....Angelina Jolie is looking kind of pregnant.  Is this old news that I missed?
madupont
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: January 28, 2008, 12:03:27 PM »

I could not see at the ceremonies last night but they did give the impression of being the reigning married couple of the entire screen acting establishment. Twice the Charisma; which even seemed to diminish the crazy thin man energies of Daniel Day-Lewis seated immediately next to them at the table.

However, I had seen an announcement some where in passing( I get the thrash side of my internet provider, which I guess from now on I shall have to call the "Celebreality" side of the news; and have to in order to get the political movements and developments dedicated to counteracting it) that it has been discovered (by medical practitioners, I hope)she is carrying twins. Which more or less confirms Brad's suggestion that there is validity in stopping the adoptions which acquire more children.
desdemona222b
Superhero Member

That's What I'm Talking About

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: January 28, 2008, 12:06:02 PM »

So.....Angelina Jolie is looking kind of pregnant.  Is this old news that I missed?

Rumor has it she's expecting twins.  She's turning into a regular Mother Earth.
harrie
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: January 28, 2008, 12:29:19 PM »

Yikes! Somehow I missed all that; thanks for the updates, ladies.
barton
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #424 on: January 28, 2008, 01:20:12 PM »

There's a comedian who's got a funny bit about how, if you are a guy and want to sound creepy, just end any phrase with the word "ladies."  It works, if you are male, and you kind of draw out the word "ladies" just a little bit.  Dmitri Martin, I think, an up and coming talent.  Sorry, Harrie, your "ladies" made me think of that.

I pretty much loathe Brangelina.  Brad, for leaving Jennifer Aniston who is about a hundred miles farther up the evolutionary scale, IMNSHO, and Angelina, for being vastly overrated, hypocritical (more womb-babies, after all the Green posturing?), for trash-talking about her dad, who strikes me as a pretty good guy, and for naming herself "Pretty" in French.  Blech.  In the immortal words of Alec Baldwin to his daughter, "you're a spoiled little pig!"

"History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes."
desdemona222b
Superhero Member

That's What I'm Talking About

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #425 on: January 28, 2008, 01:42:31 PM »

There's a comedian who's got a funny bit about how, if you are a guy and want to sound creepy, just end any phrase with the word "ladies."  It works, if you are male, and you kind of draw out the word "ladies" just a little bit.  Dmitri Martin, I think, an up and coming talent.  Sorry, Harrie, your "ladies" made me think of that.

I pretty much loathe Brangelina.  Brad, for leaving Jennifer Aniston who is about a hundred miles farther up the evolutionary scale, IMNSHO, and Angelina, for being vastly overrated, hypocritical (more womb-babies, after all the Green posturing?), for trash-talking about her dad, who strikes me as a pretty good guy, and for naming herself "Pretty" in French.  Blech.  In the immortal words of Alec Baldwin to his daughter, "you're a spoiled little pig!"

And don't forget the unabashed lying that she and Brad indulged in when he first left JA - "I would never break up a marriage like that!  My mother went through that with my father!"  This as they were setting themselves up as a family for all to see.  Yet still, she gets Celebrity "Humanitarian" award this year.  ARGH. 
nytempsperdu

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: January 28, 2008, 09:31:04 PM »

barton: Yes, it is Demetri (correct spelling, right off the DVD box) Martin, my daughter's current fave entertainer.  She cites his playing of guitar, piano & combo of the 2: "keytar" (on final ep. of Flight of the Conchords), as well as harmonica, and not forgetting his drawings and his ability to write/draw with both hands at the same time.  I got her a Steven Wright DVD to go w/Demetri's because I see some similarities in the word/concept humor.  Wright's more cerebral, Martin more whimsical, glad we can have both.
madupont
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: January 29, 2008, 02:37:05 PM »

Barton,re:#433

A friend of mine used to tell me that her mother always addressed her as, "Ma chat, ma reine", but that was during the war years and she was an only child. I can kind of understand the motivation; hate to tell you what my mother called me.

If you want to hear a real good intonation on "Ladies!", which you are probably not in a position to hear, it is on the wards from the candy-stripers and the LPNs although quite often the RNs over-step their professional conduct by referring to the patients directly this way as they come bouncing into your room first thing in the morning after  yacking away at the nurses station on the night shift forgetting that the patients are sleeping or trying to sleep.
Dzimas
Superhero Member

I thought you said your name was Nobody.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: January 30, 2008, 08:38:57 AM »

And don't forget the unabashed lying that she and Brad indulged in when he first left JA - "I would never break up a marriage like that!  My mother went through that with my father!"  This as they were setting themselves up as a family for all to see.  Yet still, she gets Celebrity "Humanitarian" award this year.  ARGH.

I never could see what Brad saw in Jennifer, or Gwenyth for that matter.  They both strike me as insufferably boring persons.  But, I have to admit Jen has a nice ass, which she proudly displayed in Along Came Polly.  Otherwise, the movie was a waste of time.
madupont
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #429 on: January 30, 2008, 11:43:33 AM »

I kind of feel that way myself about Jennifer A.  Some trivial movie or several. My only question had been did she live in Santa Barbara before they were an item or only after she and Brad were a couple? With that comfortable proximity  to the business center of the film industry, more should  have happened with the direction of her career if that was in her.
She may be family connected to Santa Barbara;I'm not sure.

Gwyneth, of course, is --not to S.B. but, the
"Industry", through her parents.  She did a knock out performance, as a cafe-lounge singer, whom everybody from the era figures had to be Peggy Lee(not an apparent copy for the sake of appearance,rather an emotional tribute to what went into that voice which made you listen to Lee in the first place), for the film:  Infamous   

That's the "other" movie to: Capote
which some of us often compare as to the various roles, or the handling of certain aspects of the material, whether the characters in their lighter aspects; or, how the Crime is conveyed; or, the performances given by the perpetrators of the central incident.

That said, I don't think Angelina looks like the kind of person who takes a back-seat to anybody, although she may overdo the smoldering look these days a bit too often.  Most women will come through that way by instinct without thinking twice about it when a person of the opposite sex sufficiently attracts them.  But a lot of the time, on the scene of public appearances she decides that she is not going to turn her face from the camera and, when you catch her slight acknowledgement of the public having any business butting into her professional routine, she gives you attitude of the kind that made her a knock-out character in the film with her husband of the time, Billy Bob Thornton,  PUSHING TIN.
This film had me in stitches from first 'til last.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 11:45:35 AM by madupont » Logged
barton
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #430 on: January 30, 2008, 11:56:27 AM »

If Jennifer A is boring (but nicely assed), then it's owing in large part to the nice-girl roles in which she's often cast.   I think she has somewhat more charm and character than a lot of the pop tarts that are discussed here. 

Dzimas
Superhero Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #431 on: January 30, 2008, 12:11:53 PM »

Typecast or the type fits? 

I thought she was pretty good in Office Space.  The whole button thing was a hoot as she handled those scenes very well, but that's about as far as it goes with me.  Maybe she will surprise me one day?

I thought Gwyneth was pretty good in Royal Tannenbaums, but once again that's about as far as it goes with me, and she's not really much to look at, especially when she stands sideways.
barton
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #432 on: January 30, 2008, 12:24:15 PM »

Gwyneth looks like a real woman, not an athlete or supermodel.   She's done fine work in Shakespeare in Love, Proof, Possession, Emma, TRTbaums, etc.   I haven't given much attention to how she stands sideways, but I don't require giant pointy boobs or supermodel shoulders in order to appreciate the grace of the female form.

Dzimas
Superhero Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #433 on: January 30, 2008, 12:27:26 PM »

Barton,

I guess we will have to agree to disagree on that one.  I don't find her work particularly compelling, nor does she hold a candle to Cate Blanchett, who should have won the Oscar that year. But, that's what having great connections does for you!
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #434 on: January 30, 2008, 12:33:31 PM »

What are you so bitter over? 
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 37
  Print  

Jump to: