Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
January 22, 2018, 01:08:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Is Britney's career over?
Yes
No

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 34
  Print  
Author Topic: Celebreality  (Read 8378 times)
barton
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: February 08, 2008, 11:47:36 AM »

Not sure where to post this either, but yesterday I saw Chelsea Clinton --- standing about 20 feet away from her -- I mean, I could SMELL Chelsea Clinton...well, sort of.   She is minty and fresh.  She is also in Nebraska helping stump for Mom and spoke to a crowd of students at the union here at UNL.  She seems pretty bright....so maybe this should go in a thread called....

CEREB-REALITY

"Nothing more foolish than a man chasing his hat!"
madupont
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #451 on: February 08, 2008, 03:02:58 PM »

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20176409,00.htm

Ledger family returned to Australia. Michelle Williams arrives with their grand daughter. Kirsten Dunst enters rehab at Cirque Lodge(what a good name). Vocational college at Baton Rouge has a shooting. Sugar Refinery blows up in Georgia;and is probably connected to--

Bush has lowest approval ratings thus far from Congress which has low approval ratings from the public and the public in Georgia can tell you it is from Occupational Hazards bypassed under the great employment arrangements made during the Bush administration to buttress local Republican Congressional standings with the Republican constituencies in localities throughout the country; similar to the first big bridge collapse at Minnesota which was only the tip of the melting iceberg.
madupont
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: February 08, 2008, 04:45:02 PM »

Hey, Barton: could not  Chelsea make a minty and fresh Rock the Vote candidate for Obama's vice president, just to frost the cake?
barton
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #453 on: February 14, 2008, 12:13:08 PM »

Now there's a youthful ticket, for sure.

Re the Britney question above -- the obvious answer is that the guy who said "there are no second acts in America" was just dead wrong and the axiom is being constantly disproved.  The thing with Britney is -- and this is why I would qualify my assertion that it ain't over -- is there really any talent there which could be taken out of mothballs?  I mean, yeah, a Kathleen Turner all puffy on prednisone, can make a terrific comeback, but then she is an actual actress with clear signs of talent and some brains.  The thing about Britney, and maybe this is part of why she has wound up in a mental hospital, is it's hard to tell if she is a real person, or a marketing phenomenon that has been engineered by pushy parents and a puerile lust for attention.  I'm hoping there is a real Britney in there and that EVERYBODY COULD JUST LEAVE HER THE FUCK ALONE FOR A WHILE if possible, and let her get her head together.  I'm talking to you, MEDIA LEECHES.

desdemona222b
Superhero Member

That's What I'm Talking About

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #454 on: February 14, 2008, 02:10:36 PM »

Have you morphed into Chris Crocker or something, barton? Cheesy
madupont
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: February 14, 2008, 05:42:55 PM »

Hey, Barton: could not  Chelsea make a minty and fresh Rock the Vote candidate for Obama's vice president, just to frost the cake?

I heard she's nearly thirty.  As you know, every adult woman at thirty is an adult woman; but as they say when Paul Thomas Anderson makes the movie,"There Will Be Problems".

1. She is their daughter!   You've had in-laws. You know what I mean.

2. Would Michelle adjust to this Rock the Vote surprise?

No, on second thought, desdemona is right; better you should be like Chris Crocker and get the real Britney in there out of there.

Wow, I've got an idea, after reviewing my own observations on "it's hard to tell if she is a real person, or a marketing phenomenon that has been engineered by pushy parents and a puerile lust for attention." (I simply can't write this but someone ought: the Life and Youth of Hillary Rodham, starring Britney Spears?,is that her last name, quick, Speers).  You like it, horn-rim glasses, hair that she can't do a thing with? Wants to be a lawyer --so she can be a politician, gets a Crush on Boy Clinton. I really think that Britney is the Hillary type.  No one would have the guts to make this movie.)             

madupont
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: February 14, 2008, 05:51:41 PM »

Barton, take a look at this! http://www.history.com/media.do?action=clip&id=gahq_pres_marcia_clark_broadband

It's all right, you don't have to look at Marcia Clark, close your eyes, she's come to this after wanting to be a lawyer and get into politics, she announces programs for The History Chanel; but then when she gets to the good part, take a look at Britney,is that Britney or what?
Dzimas
Superhero Member

I thought you said your name was Nobody.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: February 14, 2008, 11:22:27 PM »

The thing with Hillary is that with all the shape-shifting she has done in her life, you would have to have multiple actresses play her in a biopic, or Tracey Ullman.
madupont
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #458 on: February 15, 2008, 02:45:51 AM »

Dzimas,

There was a really strange photo the other day, cropped apparently because I later saw that there was another person in the background of a more inclusive shot who was mirroring the same emotional state in which Hillary herself was addressing the concerns of a person discussing something with her.    Have you run across this?  It has a very weird atmosphere and seems to have come from a video of Hillary in action out there campaigning. 

I had thought her expression unusual enough, saucer-eyed in some sort of exaggerated alarm; but then when you see the other blond behind her further away with that same extremely intense  alarmist physiognomy, you realize they both look like they are  just experiencing electrical shock!  I'm still looking for the video, because as a still, it has a frightening atmosphere that is about as reassuring as discovering a household of bodies neatly in their bunk beds in a San Diego mansion awaiting to be taken up by the comet of some several years back .
Dzimas
Superhero Member

I thought you said your name was Nobody.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #459 on: February 15, 2008, 07:36:36 AM »

Don't know that image, maddy.  I remember that Hillary and Markie Post were a hot item back in Bill and Hillary's early days in the White House. They bore some resemblance to each other.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 07:43:31 AM by Dzimas » Logged
barton
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #460 on: February 15, 2008, 11:42:56 AM »

Des, I don't know who Chris Crocker is (I am media-deficient and almost a Luddite) so any resemblance I have to persons living or dead is purely....wait I hope I don't resemble anyone who's dead.   I will google this person and report back.

barton
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #461 on: February 15, 2008, 11:54:41 AM »

Ah, an androgyne and Utube personality who weeps over Britney in some widely-viewed video.  LOL!  Good one!

madupont
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #462 on: February 18, 2008, 07:34:33 AM »

Media Mogul David Geffen helped raise $18 million for Bill Clinton's campaigns, but now supports Barack Obama. He told the New York Times: "Not since the Vietnam War has there been this level of disappointment in the behavior of America throughout the world, and I don't think that another incredibly polarizing figure, no matter how smart she is and no matter how ambitious she is -- and God knows, is there anybody more ambitious than Hillary Clinton? --can bring the country together. Obama is inspirational, and he's not from the Bush royal family or the Clinton royal family." (Paul Hawthorne, AP)
madupont
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #463 on: February 19, 2008, 05:34:55 PM »

Ben and Jerry endorse Obama.

They have two new obamamobiles from which they are giving free icecream.
madupont
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #464 on: February 21, 2008, 09:53:00 AM »

http://money.aol.com/special/lifestyles-of-2008-presidential-candidates

This looks like the realty section (from The New York Times?) yet it says a lot. Possibly more about the sequential marriage scheme typical of the American way of life.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 34
  Print  

Jump to: