Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
January 20, 2018, 11:50:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Is Britney's career over?
Yes
No

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34
  Print  
Author Topic: Celebreality  (Read 8186 times)
desdemona222b
Superhero Member

That's What I'm Talking About

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #480 on: March 20, 2008, 12:37:58 PM »

Wow, Harry is looking more and more like Prince Charles as a young man all the time.
madupont
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #481 on: March 20, 2008, 08:08:45 PM »

But then, Charles is getting rather better looking all the time as he fills out and his silver gray hair begins to mellow him. I caught a video of him and Camilla visiting Jamaica, just like the old timey tours of the Royals but nowadays they are get-aways or vacations in familiar places.

Anyway, they stood off a bit in the marketplace observing a line of drummers and then  Camilla realized that they were supposed to go over and interact, an idea which she was not really quite used to as yet, the concept understandably but not the reality.  So there was a bit of mid-day party fun, looking to the experts as to how to keep time and have rhythm. Then they got up, shook hands and walked onward. As always, the Prince says a few words while shaking hands, I could not really make out what he said but the timbre of his voice has become remarkable nice too.

Ps. thank, God, she wasn't wearing one of her hats! although, this was of course the place where one ought to have been, because of the sun.
madupont
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #482 on: March 22, 2008, 12:47:23 AM »

Wow, Harry is looking more and more like Prince Charles as a young man all the time.

But you know what Bill Maher always says when any news about Harry comes up? Not Charles son (must be the stable boy?) or who was that guy with whom Diana was having the affair?  Well that's just Bill Maher.  He couldn't even manage Barney Franks tonight.

I think Harry and his brother both have the authentic coloring of their German ancestors; but you are right, the  angular shape of the face more strongly resembles Charles' bone structure.
madupont
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #483 on: March 26, 2008, 10:06:58 PM »

Latest installment. Sarkozy and spouse go to London to meet the Queen.

http://www.thefirstpost.co.uk/?storyID=25448&p=2

Is it just me, or does this remind you  more of Disneyland than Windsor Castle?
madupont
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #484 on: March 30, 2008, 07:47:57 PM »

( Sunday Telegraph) Rupert Everett ( sports a bushy ginger beard for a new Channel 4 show about explorer Richard Burton, Victorian Sex Tourist. (Observer)
madupont
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #485 on: April 06, 2008, 12:42:34 PM »

Singer Beyonce and rapper Jay-Z are believed to have married in a private ceremony in New York, attended by family members and celebrities, including actor George Clooney

madupont
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #486 on: May 11, 2008, 01:43:45 PM »

http://www.thefirstpost.co.uk/33775,arts,how-did-it-feel

Now more than ever these depictions remind me of Cate Blanchett  than the Bobby Dylan as we remembered him!
madupont
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #487 on: May 25, 2008, 11:54:35 AM »

http://www.blackvoices.com/blogs/2008/05/19/rupaul-back-on-tv-with-drag-contest/?icid=1615988634x1202944764x1200306387
madupont
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #488 on: May 30, 2008, 10:37:12 PM »

Before the day is over, I must repeat what History channel volunteered to Ipod you.  Why is May 30th so special?   

Ah, yes, the day the English burned Jeanne D'Arc at the stake. For witch-craft.  Thus saving her soul?

Occurs to me, if they tried that today, it could only happen in the US under our kind of government administration. Executing a child who hears voices and is somehow capable of leading your troops to battle and actually winning!  I mean George Bush makes a great Dauphine, don't you think; so much more real than a Julian Sands type.
madupont
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #489 on: June 03, 2008, 11:59:11 PM »

http://www.thefirstpost.co.uk/people,1022,bill-lashes-out-after-affair-allegation,30227
madupont
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #490 on: June 09, 2008, 12:50:40 AM »

Thomas Beatie, who underwent a sex change ten years ago, but kept his ovaries and womb, has spoken of his joy at being the world's first pregnant man, just four weeks before he is due to give birth. (News of the World)
Detective_Winslow

Don't forget to bring a towel!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #491 on: June 10, 2008, 06:41:14 AM »

mad,

Techinally, that's not a dude....Some people will do anything for international attention

I hope that I haven't offended anyone.
Detective_Winslow

Don't forget to bring a towel!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #492 on: June 10, 2008, 06:44:31 AM »

Looks like Hannah Montana is taking the path most chosen........

That photographer should be castrated with a lawnmower blade

I hope that I haven't offended anyone.
Dzimas
Superhero Member

I thought you said your name was Nobody.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #493 on: June 17, 2008, 05:48:30 AM »

Doesn't seem like that relatively recent by-pass surgery curbed his enthusiasm any, although Bill seemed more red-faced than usual toward the end of the campaign.  High blood pressure perhaps?
Dzimas
Superhero Member

I thought you said your name was Nobody.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #494 on: June 17, 2008, 05:51:49 AM »

Looks like Hannah Montana is taking the path most chosen........

That photographer should be castrated with a lawnmower blade

I may be mistaken, but I think that is Miley Cyrus, and the photographer is Annie Leibovitz, I believe.

Here she is with her father,

the man who gave us "Achy Breaky Heart."  Good genes anyway.

Here's a site devoted to the whole controversy,

http://www.shallownation.com/category/photography/
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 06:03:52 AM by Dzimas » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34
  Print  

Jump to: