Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
January 16, 2018, 12:14:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43
  Print  
Author Topic: Religion and Politics  (Read 6338 times)
luee

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #600 on: April 01, 2008, 03:15:14 PM »

John Q. Adams' capital letters, was he accurate?

“In the seventh century of the Christian era, a wandering Arab of the lineage of  Hagar [i.e., Muhammad],  the Egyptian, combining the powers of transcendent genius, with the preternatural energy of a fanatic, and the fraudulent spirit of an impostor, proclaimed himself as a messenger from Heaven, and spread desolation and delusion over an extensive portion of the earth.  Adopting from the sublime conception of the Mosaic law, the doctrine of one omnipotent God; he connected indissolubly with it, the audacious falsehood, that he was himself his prophet and apostle.  Adopting from the new Revelation of Jesus, the faith and hope of immortal life, and of future retribution, he humbled it to the dust by adapting all the rewards and sanctions of his religion to the gratification of the sexual passion.  He poisoned the sources of human felicity at the fountain, by degrading the condition of the female sex, and the allowance of polygamy; and he declared undistinguishing and exterminating war, as a part of his religion, against all the rest of mankind.  THE ESSENCE OF HIS DOCTRINE WAS VIOLENCE AND LUST:  TO EXALT THE BRUTAL OVER THE SPIRITUAL PART OF HUMAN NATURE (Adam's capital letters)….Between these two religions, thus contrasted in their characters, a war of twelve hundred years has already raged.  The war is yet flagrant…While the merciless and dissolute dogmas of the false prophet shall furnish motives to human action, there can never be peace upon earth, and good will towards men.” [p. 269]

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/Read.aspx?GUID=F3F5C99B-338A-4BC1-A4B2-585EFE643619
MrUtley3
Superhero Member

Willie Randolph's Real Killers

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #601 on: April 01, 2008, 03:50:22 PM »

And so the United States adopted a policy of letting other nations handle their own affairs...which worked for many years.

"That guy over there played with Ty Cobb," said Phillies bench coach Jimy Williams, pointing to Chase Utley. "He's been here before."  quoted in the Boston Globe
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #602 on: April 03, 2008, 11:33:39 AM »

Tavis Smiley on Real Time with Bill Maher:

"I could debate you on that"

6 words screaming out for attention.

What is the contexy, you ask?

Well, the panel was discussing Dr Martin Luther King.  TRhe first thing that was strange was ewhen Smiley began to call him Martin King, something I have never heard (a snub?  I'd say so)

Smiley also likened some of Dr King's statements to those (anti-America in tone) of Jeremiah Wright.

Then it gets weird. 

A statement is made that Dr King was disinvite to the White House - and SMILEY says, "YES, byt the same people that killed him"

Maher could not let that go, questioning Smiley as if he misspoke - giving the smug Tavis an out.  (Paraphrase) "Wait  a minute.   You don't mean that the same people that disinvited Dr King were responsible for his assasination?"

Smiley:  "I could debate you on that - yes"
MrUtley3
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #603 on: April 03, 2008, 12:01:48 PM »

I wonder if he was referring to Jowers:

http://www.usdoj.gov/crt/crim/mlk/part3.htm

"That guy over there played with Ty Cobb," said Phillies bench coach Jimy Williams, pointing to Chase Utley. "He's been here before."  quoted in the Boston Globe
MrUtley3
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #604 on: April 04, 2008, 08:50:07 AM »

Douglas Brinkley was on Imus this morning, and he says he believes that there is no way the James Earl Ray acted alone. He also talked a great deal about the FBI's involvement in trailing King and linked it to King's outspokenness against the Viet Nam war and LBJ's dissatisfaction with that circumstance.

kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #605 on: April 04, 2008, 10:55:02 AM »

Sure doesnt link well

Rayt didn't act alone----------------------------------------------------> The FBI killed King.
MrUtley3
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #606 on: April 04, 2008, 12:12:51 PM »

Sure doesnt link well

Rayt didn't act alone----------------------------------------------------> The FBI killed King.

I think it's more like Ray didn't act alone and the evidence that is available would preclude anyone from making that assertion without serious questioning ------------------------------->FBI did nothing to prevent it, as it may have served their own purposes, and the Administration they were working for...

luee

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #607 on: April 05, 2008, 06:02:19 AM »

Sure doesnt link well

No the FBI--------------------------------------------------------------------------->Killed JFK. The CIA-----------------------------------------------------> killed Bobby and MLK. The CIA and Mossad-------------------------------->planned 9-11. All infidels are evil. The best one is that the hostage crisis was planned by raygun to win the election.
MrUtley3
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #608 on: April 05, 2008, 08:54:06 AM »

Who acted to kill your brain, luee?

madupont
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #609 on: April 05, 2008, 10:39:15 AM »

Luee and MrUtley,

I saw that show again this week, before catching up last night with the Senator Arlen Specter sells a book about cancer on Real Time, and Robert Reich explains financial reality to us. There were a couple of other guests with whom I am not familiar, one a congresswoman from California speaking out against the continuance of the war racking up that financial reality (thus a reason not to support candidate mcCain who will want to continue the economic recession for 100 years); the other was a younger woman who speaks about greening and green politics and candidates and the misuse of the Just Say No program in education, as well as a congress that it seems just can't say no when a president whether Bush or Bush endorsed mcCain says,"War". She advocated they be outed and replaced.

Another guest was someone whom I believe is named Esai Morales who addressed the issue of why Latinos and Blacks "seem to be pitted against each other inspired by the bottom line of Capital" when discussing this back from the two ladies comments and addressing a reference to Robert Reich.

Back to the show of which kidcarter speaks, calling Martin Luther King, "Martin King", is not a snub  but an ordinary endearing form in the Black community when speaking of him.

I also saw and heard this:"Tavis Smiley on Real Time with Bill Maher:

"I could debate you on that"

6 words screaming out for attention.

What is the contexy, you ask?

Well, the panel was discussing Dr Martin Luther King.  TRhe first thing that was strange was ewhen Smiley began to call him Martin King, something I have never heard (a snub?  I'd say so)

Smiley also likened some of Dr King's statements to those (anti-America in tone) of Jeremiah Wright.

Then it gets weird. 

A statement is made that Dr King was disinvite to the White House - and SMILEY says, "YES, byt the same people that killed him"

Maher could not let that go, questioning Smiley as if he misspoke - giving the smug Tavis an out.  (Paraphrase) "Wait  a minute.   You don't mean that the same people that disinvited Dr King were responsible for his assasination?"

Smiley:  "I could debate you on that - yes"   "unquote.

Thanks for the complete text, I agree with every word Tavis Smiley said and actually it was BillMaher who raised the issue quoting directly from the texts of Martin Luther King's speechs, making the point that Wright's method of homiletics is in no way different than what you can hear in the majority of inner city community congregations.  It has always been this way since black people were allowed to sit in the back of the Christian churches of slave owners and expected not to know how to read the language or the notes of music.  It has ever since been the center of their  politic activity and it will not change. Nor would I expect it to.

It was just unfortunate that it was necessary for Barack Obama to make the expedient choice, because he was running for the presidency, to distance himself from the Rev. Jerry Wright,by whom I had occasion to have been spoken to  in the midst of a Black Voices blog when some white woman from Missouri insisted that because Hussein was his middle name that Barack Obama was a Muslim up to no good; this is similar to the Malcolm X back lash following his return from Mecca on the haj and became convinced from what he saw of every color on earth of pilgrim which converted him to see it that way from then on until his assassination and the attendent suffering continually brought to his family by whites after that as had always been the case when he was just Malcolm Little and his father was called out of the house and killed on the streetcar rails. His family had always been "Negro activists" attacked by the Klan.

Although the distancing was expedient, I've convinced myself, you are free to believe what you want, but I am convinced that because of the retirement of Jeremiah Wright at his age that an agreement was made that he not speak publicly during campaigning to endorse Obama because they both understood the expediency of the political situation.

The segment of sermon heard in the usual homiletic style that you  heard overplayed or read "from the usual suspects" was delivered seven years ago following the events of 9/11 and as I recall people again of every color managed to say much the same thing like it or not. The only reason for suppressing of opinion or shaming of opinion on that matter is to shush done conversation that leads back to the actual powers that be in charge of the administration at that time just as Tavis Smiley remarked about in inference that would throw light upon a previous administration.

luee

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #610 on: April 05, 2008, 11:31:35 PM »

Who acted to kill your brain, luee?

Houris in space were the culprit Mr. U. Everything is just a grand conspiracy by the bossman to you.
MrUtley3
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #611 on: April 08, 2008, 11:45:46 AM »

Fitting avitar, monkeybrains.

MrUtley3
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #612 on: April 24, 2008, 05:56:15 PM »

WTF's wrong with Florida? Maybe we should give it back to the Seminoles (the real ones, not the college idiots):

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=2008-04-24_D908ES1O1&show_article=1&cat=breaking

weezo
Poll Manager
Superhero Member

Resue when he was a cute little kitten

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #613 on: April 24, 2008, 08:06:22 PM »

Utley,

Bad as that is, on the Immigration forum there is a link to a proposed law that would make it a felony for undocumented illegals to work in Mississippi. The KKK is strong-arming it into passage, and, as usual, their plea is for racial purposes. We really do need stronger support from the Supreme Court to keep these foolish states in line.
MrUtley3
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #614 on: April 24, 2008, 08:53:32 PM »

The license plate gig is more bothersome, frankly, since it cuts to the core of the Constitution.

As for making it illegal for illegals to work , wouldn't that be redundant?

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43
  Print  

Jump to: