Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
January 18, 2018, 12:42:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 54
  Print  
Author Topic: Giants  (Read 5580 times)
Admin
Administrator

View Profile Email
« on: April 15, 2007, 09:31:36 PM »

What moves will the Giants make this offseason?
JakeJoliet
Superhero Member

John, Matthew

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 08:26:39 PM »

First, non-Administrative post!

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Liquid, you're going to have to explain some of this new jabberwocky... what's "marquee" for instance??

Son, y'all gotta do bettern' this.
Admin
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2007, 09:06:46 PM »

Some of the new stuff I may eliminate if it proves annoying but for the record This is a marquee
luee

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 08:27:16 AM »

Smiley Smiley The jets are shopping vilma. easily worth a number 20.
JakeJoliet
Superhero Member

John, Matthew

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2007, 10:21:48 PM »

Why the heck are the jets shopping vilma??? That's crazy!

Son, y'all gotta do bettern' this.
luee

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2007, 01:19:20 AM »

He does not fit in with the 3-4 the Jets now employ. Perfect for weakside on the Giants though, throw in Torbor and maybe get back a two. Basicly in the 3-4 the LBs have to fight through the blockers. They have to be bigger. In the 4-3 the LBs are protected by the 4DL they just have to chase after the ball; in that system he is a probowl level LBer and by far better than any LB availible in this year's draft. Mangenius is strictly a 3-4 coach and it works for him. The jets are rumored to be shopping. If Reese can pull it off he will be a celebrity.  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
luee

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2007, 01:40:25 AM »

There have been rumors about a possible impending trade of Jets LB Jonathan Vilma because he's not a perfect fit in the 4-3 defensive scheme. "Jon is on the team. I'm glad he's here," GM Mike Tannenbaum said. Tannenbaum, however, declined to say Vilma, or any other player on the roster, is "untouchable." -- New York Post

Mike Tannenbaum said the Jets would consider trading up or down, but he added that such decisions were usually made at the last minute. They will most likely try to improve at defensive lineman and cornerback. -- New York Times
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/scorecard/04/20/truth.rumors.nfl/index.html?cnn=yes

Get it done Jerry!
DoctorDoom

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2007, 09:04:58 AM »

Okay, so who to the Giants draft #1??

I'd prefer they went OL and in that case I like Joe Staley.(If he's still available)

But most of all I hope they are smart and draft the best available guy when their pick comes.
liquidsilver
Superhero Member

Herpes, the gift that keeps on giving.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2007, 09:24:31 AM »

How about a new coach......

"I hate listening to peoples dreams. It's like flipping through a stack of photographs. If I'm not in any of them and nobody's having sex, I just don't care."
whiskeypriest
Superhero Member

Life is skittles and life is beer.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2007, 10:49:52 AM »

I think I would almost rather draft where the Giants are drafting; it looks like I am going to have about four years of bitching about how much Brady Quinn sucks, followed by another twenty years of bitiching about how the Browns took Brady Quinn when they could have had X.

Hope I'm wrong, either about the draft or about Quinn.

What does it matter?  All is grace.
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2007, 11:05:12 AM »

Quinn's the wise pick considering the alternative

Though you could take a page from some Giant fans, see what QB does well and curse that you didn't trade down for him.
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2007, 11:07:38 AM »

"I hope they are wise and pick the best available guy....................."

Yeah - we'll all know who that is, right?

Just give me Leonard rd 2 and if the 1st rounder is at all ambulatory I am happy.
whiskeypriest
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2007, 11:24:13 AM »

Quinn's the wise pick considering the alternative
His lack of performance against top competition worries me.  In part, yeah, sure, ND's best wide receiver couldn't crack the rotation on a lot of teams, but still, he looked awful at times.

I'd rather take Adrien Peterson and then take someone from the second tier of QBs in round 2 or 3.

What I am really hoping is that Oakland throws a curve and takes Johnson, which should drop Russell in our laps.

Staley would be a good choice; about a month ago I was hoping he'd be available when the Browns drafted in the second round.  Now, he might be gone before the Gints draft.

kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2007, 11:27:18 AM »

Why are you YES RUSSELL, NO QUINN?

Look at the Stanford QB if you do go the RB route.  Can't disagree with AP off his films.

Who is running the Browns' room Saturday?
whiskeypriest
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2007, 11:33:09 AM »

Why are you YES RUSSELL, NO QUINN?

Look at the Stanford QB if you do go the RB route.  Can't disagree with AP off his films.

Who is running the Browns' room Saturday?
Well, there's always something about a kid who can throw the ball 60 yards while seated.  My sense is that Quinn has had the great coaching - greatest if you ask ND fans - and isn't going to be coached up much more.  Russell, on the other hand, can be.

Edwards would be my choice for a 2nd round QB, Stanton if Edwards isn't there.

Savage makes all the choices; he has had a relationship with Russell going back to high school when he went to Savage's camp.  Crennell would probably prefer the QB who played for his BFF.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 54
  Print  

Jump to: