Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 250047 times)

TrojanHorse1

• View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2018, 09:05:38 PM »

...and the reason this story could not have broken on Dec 28th???

TrojanHorse1

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2018, 09:15:59 PM »

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24244718/stanford-cardinal-coach-david-shaw-says-cfp-look-schedules

College is supposed to be where the smart people are Shaw. If you and other schools aren't bright enough to manipulate the system then maybe you/they should get some extra tutoring.

Not sure I'm following your comment.  Shaw doesn't get to set his own schedule.  Or are you saying he should just do like the SEC and start scheduling easier cupcakes?

Personally I think he's pretty smart...
"How the schedule lays out may be more important than strength of schedule," Shaw said. "What I mean by that is, if you look at USC last year, to play 11 straight games without a bye -- all Division I opponents, no I-AA opponents, and play right into the Pac-12 championship game and win that one -- that to me is more impressive than just having a strong schedule but then having a Week 7 bye, or a Week 8 I-AA opponent, which kind of gives you a break."

Last season was the first since 1995 that USC played the entire regular season without a bye week. Its two losses were on the road -- a Friday night at Washington State, and Oct. 21 at Notre Dame. In spite of beating Stanford for the Pac-12 title, USC finished No. 8, right behind three-loss Auburn, which had a bye week between back-to-back road games against Arkansas and Texas A&M.

They only problem there is that he can't count to 12...which is the number of consecutive games we played without a bye.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 09:18:37 PM by TrojanHorse1 »

bosox26d

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2018, 02:45:37 AM »

How do you put someone on ignore now ::)

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2018, 08:29:53 AM »

The darned thing wouldn't let me in the usual way. So I had to add a number to my name.

I finally resorted to the same thing.  I tried to get on about once a day with my old login and it would not let me register a new user with the same name...so...

I found a way to go to my old login, go over and click on the login tab. It will take you to a different screen. Your old name and password will work on that screen.
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2018, 08:46:02 AM »

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24244718/stanford-cardinal-coach-david-shaw-says-cfp-look-schedules

College is supposed to be where the smart people are Shaw. If you and other schools aren't bright enough to manipulate the system then maybe you/they should get some extra tutoring.

Not sure I'm following your comment.  Shaw doesn't get to set his own schedule.  Or are you saying he should just do like the SEC and start scheduling easier cupcakes?

Personally I think he's pretty smart...
"How the schedule lays out may be more important than strength of schedule," Shaw said. "What I mean by that is, if you look at USC last year, to play 11 straight games without a bye -- all Division I opponents, no I-AA opponents, and play right into the Pac-12 championship game and win that one -- that to me is more impressive than just having a strong schedule but then having a Week 7 bye, or a Week 8 I-AA opponent, which kind of gives you a break."

Last season was the first since 1995 that USC played the entire regular season without a bye week. Its two losses were on the road -- a Friday night at Washington State, and Oct. 21 at Notre Dame. In spite of beating Stanford for the Pac-12 title, USC finished No. 8, right behind three-loss Auburn, which had a bye week between back-to-back road games against Arkansas and Texas A&M.

They only problem there is that he can't count to 12...which is the number of consecutive games we played without a bye.

I'm saying he's whining. His AD and the Trojan AD had/have the same scheduling opportunities as the SEC schools that he is aiming his shitball at.

The Trojans took a chance and it bit them in the ass. Making those big OOC matchups means you have to actually 'win' those games. You can't get beat by ND 49-14 and expect to get in the F4 no matter how impressive your SOS resume is. Having to go to double overtime at home against an eventual 6-6 team doesn't help his whining case either.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2018, 08:48:21 AM »

How do you put someone on ignore now ::)

Much easier to tell Ste...errr...them to STFU.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2018, 08:51:35 AM »

Okay back to the news of the week, will St. Urban resign or will OSU have to fire him?

I'm saying he resigns.

What do you think Skippy?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 08:56:21 AM by CaptainCargo »

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2018, 09:00:15 AM »

In fact we need to get a Poll going on this Scotty.

Something like:

When will the Buckeyes Saint Urban be defrocked?

x Today

x Tomorrow

x Next Week

x What's a frock?

x What the frock?

I'm as giddy as a schoolboy. I must stand on my head.

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2018, 09:07:57 AM »

Just Putin this out thsre: about yhis time last year people were asking the same question about Dantonio.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2018, 09:18:09 AM »

This Just In:

Our roving reporter has just discovered a deal in the works for Urban Meyer to relocate to a new place of employment:

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2018, 12:45:19 PM »

I found a way to go to my old login, go over and click on the login tab. It will take you to a different screen. Your old name and password will work on that screen.

This did not work yesterday. But did today
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person...it's damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2018, 12:47:03 PM »

Shelly is going to take the bullet for her husband as she is a school employee also.  She will be fired or resign and claim she never told Urban.   He will be reinstated so he can get back to winning OSU some championships
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person...it's damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2018, 12:52:19 PM »

His AD and the Trojan AD had/have the same scheduling opportunities as the SEC schools that he is aiming his shitball at.

Ok, so your just saying they need to start scheduling cupcakes.    Ok that's one way to look at it.   The other is to tell the SEC to grow some balls and start playing a big boy schedule.  And to keep saying it over and over again until someone starts listening. 

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2018, 01:27:25 PM »

Right now, Urban is being paid to be on vacation. Media should be hunting hm down. tOSU allowing him to skate.

WTF is with these Big Ten schools, the child, sexual, and domestic abuse, and the cover-ups?

PSU, MSU, tOSU...who's next?

Too much money in this corrupt sport.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2018, 04:35:20 PM »

Shelly is going to take the bullet for her husband as she is a school employee also.  She will be fired or resign and claim she never told Urban.   He will be reinstated so he can get back to winning OSU some championships

Doubtful that will work.

Urbie is gone. Matter of time. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 329