Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 255026 times)

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2018, 04:39:15 PM »

His AD and the Trojan AD had/have the same scheduling opportunities as the SEC schools that he is aiming his shitball at.

Ok, so your just saying they need to start scheduling cupcakes.    Ok that's one way to look at it.   The other is to tell the SEC to grow some balls and start playing a big boy schedule.  And to keep saying it over and over again until someone starts listening.

Alabama would have crushed Notre Dame. Texas too.

Sometimes one simply needs to use their noggin to make a decision. Sometimes all that fluff with numbers is just that. Fluff.

The Trojans played their own cupcake. But I don't want to get into another Northern Illinois pissing contest.
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2018, 05:06:48 PM »

She'd take a bullet? No. She'd be legitimately fired. As will he. Later on, after ensuring counseling, Michigan will hire Urban. Or the New England Patriots will.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2018, 09:54:45 PM »

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2757232

The football version Ball brothers.  Cool.

jbottle

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2018, 12:37:33 PM »

Wow, the Whatever "Massacre," Meyer is a seriously fucked up dude.

Laters, @sshole.

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2018, 01:00:00 PM »

Shelly is going to take the bullet for her husband as she is a school employee also.  She will be fired or resign and claim she never told Urban.   He will be reinstated so he can get back to winning OSU some championships

Doubtful that will work.

Urbie is gone. Matter of time.
I have not spent much time looming into the matter but I will make 2 predictions, the second of which I am 100% positive of:

1. OSU will not fire Urban Meyer.

2. Whatever OSU does the mindless reflexive OSU haters here - jbot, bosox, cap, cap's alter ego, etc - will criticize OSU regardless of their reasons, regardless of the facts, and regardless of their actions, well into 2020.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

jbottle

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2018, 01:29:50 PM »

Check out the Project Veritas video or google Urbs Valentine's Day Massacre and see if you can't make the reasoned conclusion that he SHOULD be fired.

My prediction that he will be fired based on information, not bias.

He's not a good person regardless of what sort of coach he is.

And that may not be uncommon, but his abuses of power are disturbing and well-documented.

I dislike Urban Meyer much more than I dislike tOSU the institution, but I'll cop to not being a huge fan or anything.

And, you know:

SCOREBOARD

31-0

SERVED

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2018, 02:00:43 PM »

Check out the Project Veritas video or google Urbs Valentine's Day Massacre and see if you can't make the reasoned conclusion that he SHOULD be fired.

What should he be fired for based on his contract?

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2018, 02:14:49 PM »

UM is the guy who protected Aaron Hernandez. And the guy who had 31 players arrested at FLorida.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2018, 03:20:28 PM »

Shelly is going to take the bullet for her husband as she is a school employee also.  She will be fired or resign and claim she never told Urban.   He will be reinstated so he can get back to winning OSU some championships

Doubtful that will work.

Urbie is gone. Matter of time.
I have not spent much time looming into the matter but I will make 2 predictions, the second of which I am 100% positive of:

1. OSU will not fire Urban Meyer.

2. Whatever OSU does the mindless reflexive OSU haters here - jbot, bosox, cap, cap's alter ego, etc - will criticize OSU regardless of their reasons, regardless of the facts, and regardless of their actions, well into 2020.

Well, I suppose all we can do now is wait and see.

And BTW you really milk the mindless reflexive bullshit way too much dude. Once in a while you might be believed. But with the frequency with which you pull that sword out and wave it about like a maniacal screwball just makes you look paranoid.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2018, 03:30:14 PM »

I never would have thought that Beanie was just a mindless reflexive OSU hater.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/former-osu-rb-beanie-wells-urban-meyer-should-be-fired-if-he-lied/ar-BBLqeWs?ocid=ientp

Former OSU RB Beanie Wells: Urban Meyer should be fired if he lied.

“I think in this situation, you have to do what’s morally right,” Wells said. “That probably would be to make a change, if he did indeed know everything that was going on, and kinda swept it under the rug. If that’s the case you have to move forward as a University.”

It’s no longer about Meyer’s ability to lead an upper-echelon program. He’s proven over and over again to be among the most successful head football coaches in the nation. According to Wells, it’s more about optics and doing the right thing.

“I just think of all the women’s rights groups out there. All the D.V. advocates out there that would be against the University with him being still the head coach if he indeed did know what actually transpired.”

It’s becoming increasingly clear that those with previous ties to the Buckeyes program believe it’s time to move on from Meyer. Having starred for Ohio State from 2006-08, Wells is seemingly no different.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2018, 03:33:22 PM »

Paragraph 4.1 (e) ... “any known violations of Ohio State's Sexual Misconduct Policy (including, but not limited to, sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual exploitation, intimate violence and stalking) that involve any student, faculty, or staff or that is in connection with a university sponsored activity or event. ...

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2018, 04:03:02 PM »

Check out the Project Veritas video ... and see if you can't make the reasoned conclusion that he SHOULD be fired.
Project Veritas? I'd sooner trust you than one of their videos.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2018, 04:17:42 PM »

Misogyny is another word you like to wave about. Odd that you are on the side of a guy that obviously knew about the abuse.

Maybe mindless OSU booster is a name we should be throwing at you. 

bosox26d

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2018, 04:43:07 PM »

Paragraph 4.1 (e) ... “any known violations of Ohio State's Sexual Misconduct Policy (including, but not limited to, sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual exploitation, intimate violence and stalking) that involve any student, faculty, or staff or that is in connection with a university sponsored activity or event. ...
Don't confuse Jimm with facts
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 329