Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
April 25, 2018, 04:40:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: With Dixon out for the season, who will win the Heisman?
Tim Tebow
Darren McFadden
Matt Ryan
Chase Daniel
Other

Pages: 1 ... 389 390 [391] 392 393 ... 488
  Print  
Author Topic: College Football  (Read 43737 times)
yankguy
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5850 on: December 06, 2017, 09:41:04 AM »

Hugh Freeze is still out there.
Is that an idiom of improbability in the making?
I guess.  On the other hand Bobby Petrino got another job, so who knows. I do expect Art Briles will announce a return to coaching at some point and somebody will happily hire him. 
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 10:10:01 AM by yankguy » Logged

I hope your brother's El Camino runs forever.....
Driver125
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5851 on: December 06, 2017, 09:50:08 AM »

How many examples do you need to see the MO?
The MO for what? Do you mean the MO of a habitual, obsessive OSU hater conflating dubious examples of nonsense into a conspiracy theory? If that’s the case it is more than clear. But then again, I must have missed it when you self-righteously jumped up and started ranting about Clemson knocking out the Ohio State quarterback a few years ago. As I said, either up your game with something believable (or even with something of marginal truth) or quit while you are behind, fool.
CaptainCargo
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5852 on: December 06, 2017, 10:26:12 AM »

I think Briles was going to be a Hamilton Tiger Cats coach for about all of 12 hours.

I think He and Freeze will have a hard time ever coaching again. Petrino just had a girlfriend that he wanted to get some cash, not nearly as bad in most peoples eyes.

dichotomous

“To paraphrase Oedipus, Hamlet, Lear, and all those guys, "I wish I had known this some time ago.” Roger Zelazny, Sign of the Unicorn
DeeJ

« Reply #5853 on: December 06, 2017, 10:32:46 AM »

How many examples do you need to see the MO?
The MO for what? Do you mean the MO of a habitual, obsessive OSU hater conflating dubious examples of nonsense into a conspiracy theory? If that’s the case it is more than clear. But then again, I must have missed it when you self-righteously jumped up and started ranting about Clemson knocking out the Ohio State quarterback a few years ago. As I said, either up your game with something believable (or even with something of marginal truth) or quit while you are behind, fool.

Conspiracy theory?  You really are ignorant about ZeroState's traditions aren't you.  There is nothing dubious about your Nuts being ejected from games, now is there?  Un-necessary roughness has always been in the rule book, and now targeting is in the rule book.  You don't like it, that's your problem.  The idea that "anything goes" if the whistle has not been blown is out. And if you had been watching football closely at all, you would know who the head-hunting, spearing, cheap shot artists have always been in college football.

"Quit while you are behind?"  That is not a BuckNut tradition.  Where did you learn that?  And behind what?
You?  Funny little man.
Something believable?  Now you are sounding like someone who doesn't believe the science of climate change.
Close you BuckNutEyes, drink some more of your Kool-aid and watch the sunset over the Nose Bowl.

Class dismissed.
yankguy
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5854 on: December 06, 2017, 10:38:58 AM »

I was just auditing it.

DeeJ

« Reply #5855 on: December 06, 2017, 10:48:58 AM »

I was just auditing it.

Grades will be posted later.  Right now, if you getting  a credit for this class you would receive a B.

Your enthusiasm is a little Luke-warm and you don't participate as much as you should.
And you let the class bullies push you around way too much.
But you paper on why football needs women coaches was very interesting, although too far ahead
of its time to be taken seriously.

Next semester, sit in the front of the class and don't  leave early.
yankguy
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5856 on: December 06, 2017, 10:55:49 AM »

I'm just praying it's not an 8am class.

DeeJ

« Reply #5857 on: December 06, 2017, 12:15:59 PM »

Not a chance for my class. Cheesy
CaptainCargo
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5858 on: December 06, 2017, 12:39:29 PM »

I was so lazy as a teenager I would literally miss one day a week just about every week in 11th and 12th grade.

I remember in 11th grade the vice principal saying in his office he'd be harder on me if it wasn't for the fact I was getting A's in all my classes except for one despite not showing up one day out of five. That was math class because I refused to do any homework. The prick teacher took off half a grade to a B+ and gave me a U in the effort category. He was also my wrestling coach. Ragged on me constantly for the effort I was putting out there too. And it actually wasn't the first time I'd gotten a B+ U in math class. Got one in ninth grade too and for exactly the same thing. I think what pissed both of them off was the fact that I was acing their tests. Especially the guy in 11th grade who thought calculus was the endall in teaching. Nuther pompous ass. I pinned him once in practice after making him suffer a little longer than he needed too. Served the prick right.

As a sidenote the meanest guy in the school sat beside me in the back row in some science class, I forget what it was. He was dumber than a post but was the middle linebacker on the football team. Used to yell in the huddle 'If we don't stop these guys I'm going to take all of you out back and kick the shit out of you'. And I think he meant it.

He cheated off me in the class all year. One time he just took the paper off my desk when I was done. Put it next to his and went at it. The teacher glared at me and all I did was shrug my shoulders at her. Sorry lady I like my face the way it is.

dichotomous

“To paraphrase Oedipus, Hamlet, Lear, and all those guys, "I wish I had known this some time ago.” Roger Zelazny, Sign of the Unicorn
Driver125
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5859 on: December 06, 2017, 12:42:31 PM »

Class dismissed.
Dismissed, indeed. You are too stupid and too ridiculous to waste any more time on….besides, all this time on the computer must certainly be cutting into your time at the bus station. Say goodnight, fool.
Not a chance for my class.
You…with a class…too funny….Oh, wait….barber college, possibly. Tongue
Driver125
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5860 on: December 06, 2017, 12:50:05 PM »

As a sidenote the meanest guy in the school sat beside me in the back row in some science class,
Hmmmm. Interesting high school career that you seem to have had, Cap. On our football team they placed the biggest juvenile delinquent in the whole school at middle guard on the defensive line (God only knows why he went out for the team in the first place—perhaps it was part of some work-release program for him). Turned out he loved it! It was the only time in high school that he was allowed to beat up other people without repercussions.
CaptainCargo
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5861 on: December 06, 2017, 01:01:48 PM »

As a sidenote the meanest guy in the school sat beside me in the back row in some science class,
Hmmmm. Interesting high school career that you seem to have had, Cap. On our football team they placed the biggest juvenile delinquent in the whole school at middle guard on the defensive line (God only knows why he went out for the team in the first place—perhaps it was part of some work-release program for him). Turned out he loved it! It was the only time in high school that he was allowed to beat up other people without repercussions.

He wasn't the biggest guy, just the meanest. One day I swear I saw him eat a freshman.

dichotomous

Driver125
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5862 on: December 06, 2017, 01:21:29 PM »

He wasn't the biggest guy, just the meanest. One day I swear I saw him eat a freshman.
Well, the guy on our team wasn’t the biggest by any means. He wasn’t one of these guys who were about 6 foot and 300 pounds who usually play middle guard. He was extremely vicious though. You either avoided talking to him altogether if you could or you always tried to think up something nice to say to him (“Hey, Tony….nice shoes”)….
Surprised to hear that you wrestled—considering your admitted laziness. I refused to wrestle. Too much work! Permanently pissed off the wrestling coach because he knew I could wrestle pretty well. I went out for basketball instead (even though I wasn’t much good at it) and coped the last position on the team just to keep in shape between football and baseball season. He used to come into the basketball practice to glare at me for a few minutes and to throw out little bon mots like “Wouldn’t you like to join the mens team?”
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 01:24:22 PM by Driver125 » Logged
CaptainCargo
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5863 on: December 06, 2017, 01:57:54 PM »

Well, the guy on our team wasn’t the biggest by any means. He wasn’t one of these guys who were about 6 foot and 300 pounds who usually play middle guard. He was extremely vicious though. You either avoided talking to him altogether if you could or you always tried to think up something nice to say to him (“Hey, Tony….nice shoes”)….
Surprised to hear that you wrestled—considering your admitted laziness. I refused to wrestle. Too much work! Permanently pissed off the wrestling coach because he knew I could wrestle pretty well. I went out for basketball instead (even though I wasn’t much good at it) and coped the last position on the team just to keep in shape between football and baseball season. He used to come into the basketball practice to glare at me for a few minutes and to throw out little bon mots like “Wouldn’t you like to join the mens team?”

Basketball coach threw one of my best friends off the team. Best player he had too. Good coach they won a lot of games. But he was too friggin intense to the point of insanity.

I liked him.

dichotomous

Driver125
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5864 on: December 06, 2017, 02:07:33 PM »

But he was too friggin intense to the point of insanity. I liked him.
I had a hard time with that sort of stuff. Our football coach used to gather us around him after a hard practice and he would start with the rah, rah, go, go stuff. And this was before we went in to shower! He would look out over the the huddle and see me leaning on some guys back on the outside of the huddle with an expression of pure boredom on my face and not participating in the rah rah at all. It made him so mad that he cornered me in the locker room one day and sat me down to ask “What the fuck is wrong with you?” (more or less). Grin
Pages: 1 ... 389 390 [391] 392 393 ... 488
  Print  

Jump to: