Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
January 19, 2018, 02:43:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: With Dixon out for the season, who will win the Heisman?
Tim Tebow
Darren McFadden
Matt Ryan
Chase Daniel
Other

Pages: 1 ... 442 443 [444] 445 446 ... 467
  Print  
Author Topic: College Football  (Read 36456 times)
Espnthree

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6645 on: January 02, 2018, 07:22:04 PM »

On th question of choosing not to play in a bowl game:

Why should  a young soon to be paid professional athlete play in a stupid bowl game, from which several
Dozen people make enough money to support themselves for the entire year,  and not protect his own financial future?

And keep in mind that most of these supposedly educational institutions did not provide the quality of education in exchange for these young scholar-athletes services as they promised they would and certainly did not help keep them on track for a real degree.

I would hope more athletes decide to not play in these games that benefit others more than they will ever benefit the athletes.

What if they do?
Under that reasoning, why play any game once you decide to go pro? Hell, sit out that 3rd year.

Why indeed, if the athlete thinks that is in his best interest.  In a free market a person can decide when he wants to go pro.  In what other sport is a 18 year-old phenomenon restricted from playing pro ball?
Baseball? Basketball? Tennis, Soccer? Track & Field?   The college folks have forgotten the values they are supposedly teaching their students.  Not to mention, not paying taxes on all the revenue they take in.
(See NYT last Sunday).

Athletes can decide their own future without worrying what the "fans " in the Nut gallery think.

Was that an answer? If so to what?
DeeJ

« Reply #6646 on: January 02, 2018, 07:39:42 PM »

Why should  a young soon to be paid professional athlete play in a stupid bowl game, from which several
Dozen people make enough money to support themselves for the entire year,  and not protect his own financial future?

And keep in mind that most of these supposedly educational institutions did not provide the quality of education in exchange for these young scholar-athletes services as they promised they would and certainly did not help keep them on track for a real degree.

I would hope more athletes decide to not play in these games that benefit others more than they will ever benefit the athletes.

What if they do?
Under that reasoning, why play any game once you decide to go pro? Hell, sit out that 3rd year.

Why indeed, if the athlete thinks that is in his best interest.  In a free market a person can decide when he wants to go pro.  In what other sport is a 18 year-old phenomenon restricted from playing pro ball?
Baseball? Basketball? Tennis, Soccer? Track & Field?   The college folks have forgotten the values they are supposedly teaching their students.  Not to mention, not paying taxes on all the revenue they take in.
(See NYT last Sunday).

Athletes can decide their own future without worrying what the "fans " in the Nut gallery think.

LOL another good one, Jim! 
Espnthree

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6647 on: January 02, 2018, 07:42:18 PM »

What if they do?

(See NYT last Sunday).

Was that a response?
If so, to what?
TrojanHorse
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6648 on: January 02, 2018, 07:42:40 PM »

At least  4 were better.  
With Texas over Southern Cal in 2005 as absolutely the best.

Hater!
DeeJ

« Reply #6649 on: January 02, 2018, 07:45:37 PM »

What if they do?

(See NYT last Sunday).

Was that a response?
If so, to what?

Stop! Jim, you are cracking me up!  Two zingers in a row from you is more than I can take.
LOL!!!
Espnthree

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6650 on: January 02, 2018, 07:47:39 PM »

At least  4 were better.  

Hater!
I have  USC in my top five as a winner.
But not in that one.
Espnthree

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6651 on: January 02, 2018, 07:48:58 PM »

What if they do?

(See NYT last Sunday).

Was that a response?
If so, to what?

Stop! Jim, you are cracking me up!  Two zingers in a row from you is more than I can take.
LOL!!!
Was that an answer? If so, to what?
DeeJ

« Reply #6652 on: January 02, 2018, 07:53:22 PM »

What if they do?

(See NYT last Sunday).

Was that a response?
If so, to what?

LOL!!!
Was that an answer? If so, to what?

I am sorry, Jim, but you are so funny today.

What was your question?
whiskeypriest
Superhero Member

Life is skittles and life is beer.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6653 on: January 02, 2018, 07:53:48 PM »

At least  4 were better.  

Hater!
The first part of his statement is correct. The greatest Rose Bowl of.al.was.the 2014 Rose Bowl, followed by the 1988 Rose Bowl, and the 1954 and 1956 Rose Bowls.

What does it matter?  All is grace.
TrojanHorse
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6654 on: January 02, 2018, 07:58:44 PM »

At least  4 were better.  

Hater!
But not in that one.

You do know I'm kidding right?
DeeJ

« Reply #6655 on: January 02, 2018, 08:01:20 PM »

At least  4 were better.  

Hater!
But not in that one.

You do know I'm kidding right?

Troj, You do know Jim has no sense of humor, right?
CaptainCargo
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6656 on: January 02, 2018, 08:12:14 PM »

What if they do?

(See NYT last Sunday).

Why didn't you just say, "Duh whut?"

Yep
DeeJ

« Reply #6657 on: January 02, 2018, 08:19:06 PM »

Jim, do have a question for me that I can help you with?
Espnthree

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6658 on: January 02, 2018, 08:34:56 PM »

Jim, do have a question for me that I can help you with?
not any more
Espnthree

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6659 on: January 02, 2018, 08:35:56 PM »

What if they do?

(See NYT last Sunday).

Why didn't you just say, "Duh whut?"
Was that an answer?
If so, to what?
Pages: 1 ... 442 443 [444] 445 446 ... 467
  Print  

Jump to: