Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
June 19, 2018, 11:50:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: With Dixon out for the season, who will win the Heisman?
Tim Tebow
Darren McFadden
Matt Ryan
Chase Daniel
Other

Pages: 1 ... 484 485 [486] 487 488 ... 492
  Print  
Author Topic: College Football  (Read 50971 times)
whiskeypriest
Superhero Member

Life is skittles and life is beer.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7275 on: February 21, 2018, 06:45:49 AM »

Not that this back and forth isn't fascinating in a 1970s broken record sort of way...

But it got me looking for literally anything that had to do with something interesting in college football
http://collegefootballnews.com/2018/02/old-dominion-monarchs-2018-prespring-rankings-analysis-no-118

How did the SEC miss this cupcake. Saban must be slipping.

Alabama and Georgia are the two best teams in the nation.

OSU nor any other Big 10 team is not.
Ohio State, or another Big Whatever team will be in the championship tournament this year. Georgia will not.

Maybe.

But if OSU faces Georgia in the playoff they will lose.
But if OSU faces Alabama in the playoffs they will win. Gosh, that kind of thing is easy to type, isn't it?

Lots of stupid things are easy to type. I have demonstrated that several times today in the posts I've written. And I should learn to quit while I am behind and stop my constant whining and make it appear like I am being clever. I am not. You would think someone of my age would have learned the first rule of holes, but I would rather bully and insult and pray no one notices how full of shit I am. Because I am actually too lacking in real self esteem to engage for long in an actual conversation about issues, or to admit the validity of anyone's point of view except my own. I am scared, whiskey! I am scared people will know how.weak and insecure I am! Help me!

fify

Thank you.

You are quite welcome! You admitting you have a problem is the first step to a cure!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 06:47:23 AM by whiskeypriest » Logged

What does it matter?  All is grace.
whiskeypriest
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7276 on: February 21, 2018, 06:49:58 AM »

Ohio State, or another Big Whatever team will be in the championship tournament this year. Georgia will not.

I don't know.  Georgia has a shot at beating Alabama
Of.course. I was.responding in kind to cap's foolish assertion that either would beat any Big Whatever team. Of course Georgia could beat Alabama. Of course Ohio State could beat Georgia. Easy to make doctrinaire assertions over hypotheticals.

You mean like OSU can't beat Georgia or Alabama for that matter. Not in a playoff game. Maybe a non-playoff bowl game where it doesn't matter. But they, or any other Big 10 team, would choke in a playoff game against either of those two.

You mean like that.  Grin

No i mean choke like the first time OSU played Alabama in the playoffs, ass.

whiskeypriest
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7277 on: February 21, 2018, 06:52:36 AM »

I don't know.  Georgia has a shot at beating Alabama
Of.course. I was.responding in kind to cap's foolish assertion that either would beat any Big Whatever team. Of course Georgia could beat Alabama. Of course Ohio State could beat Georgia. Easy to make doctrinaire assertions over hypotheticals.

You mean like OSU can't beat Georgia or Alabama for that matter. Not in a playoff game. Maybe a non-playoff bowl game where it doesn't matter. But they, or any other Big 10 team, would choke in a playoff game against either of those two.

You mean like that.  Grin

"Choke" like the last time Ohio State was in a playoff game against either of those two?
LOL
Leave it to Yankguy to point out the
the β€œ Emperor-has-no-clothes-β€œ absurdity.

Yeah in the Finals three years in a row with no clothes. Maybe some day OSU will finally make it back there. Break out your leotard.
1 - 0 in the finals, tool.

whiskeypriest
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7278 on: February 21, 2018, 06:54:26 AM »

BTW, I've been lying in bed for three days with the flu. I'm just having some linguistic fun and engaging in some Utley-like trolling.

I actually feel like I'm dying.
Had that a month ago. This year's flu is like nothing I have ever had.

whiskeypriest
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7279 on: February 21, 2018, 06:56:23 AM »

You should have said that then. So now you're focusing on the Clemson game. I guess that's a withdrawal of the "either or those two" post.

Though Jbot's probably pissed. Clemson didn't win because they were better. Ohio State "choked"

Why should I have said it? And yeah they choked. OSU was better than Bama but Bama gave them a game. But they didn't choke like OSU did. I realize as a Big Ten fan it galls you to hear it. I knew Skippy was a Big Ten homer as well as Stevo. But I see your Big homeristic tendencies creeping through too. You usually manage to keep it in check but sometimes it slips out. No prob I understand. I get under their skin I admit. Hopefully I haven't hurt you guys feelings.  Grin

Behave as expected. Yankguy disagrees with you so you immediately discount his opinion as biased. What a fucking ass you are to everyone.

whiskeypriest
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7280 on: February 21, 2018, 06:58:49 AM »

Don't believe the first part but understand the second part.
Heh. "You disagree with me and are therefore biased." Ass.

TrojanHorse
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7281 on: February 21, 2018, 08:54:04 AM »

Don't believe the first part but understand the second part.
Heh. "You disagree with me and are therefore biased." Ass.
This was an interesting post
CaptainCargo
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7282 on: February 21, 2018, 11:25:45 AM »

Not that this back and forth isn't fascinating in a 1970s broken record sort of way...

But it got me looking for literally anything that had to do with something interesting in college football
http://collegefootballnews.com/2018/02/old-dominion-monarchs-2018-prespring-rankings-analysis-no-118

Maybe.

But if OSU faces Alabama in the playoffs they will win. Gosh, that kind of thing is easy to type, isn't it?

Lots of stupid things are easy to type. You have demonstrated that several times in the 20 years of posts you've written. And you should learn to quit while you are getting a mudhole cyberstomped in your ass. And stop your constant whining and make it appear like you can rub two brain cells together and still have one left over to tie your shoes. You don't.  You would think someone of your age would have learned the first rule of losing an argument. Suck it up be a man and get over it. But no you would rather bring it up over and over again thinking the old man will some day lose his will not to take your shit. But you would rather bully and insult and pray no one notices how full of shit you are.(I liked that one as it really does fit you whether you have the nuts to admit it or not[you clearly don't]) Because you are actually too lacking in real guts to engage, to evaluate, to actually listen to what was told to you and to admit the validity of anyone's point of view except your own.(Again, it fits you so why change it) But no need to apologize and I would never ask you to Stevo I realize that you just can't help yourself as being proven wrong seems to so totally shake your fragile view that you can never be wrong, especially to me, because blood apparently runs out your ass when it happens. And it's amazing you haven't needed massive transfusions because of the zillions of times it has happened. Get some sun as I'm sure your anemic posting ass makes you look as white as a ghost to anyone that is around you. But otherwise have a nice day.

fify

Thank you.

You are quite welcome! Admitting I have self esteem a problem is the first step to a cure! But since I think my shit doesn't stink like any other normal person don't hold your breath.

Okay. Besides when I hold my breath for too long of a time I'm sure I look like Jimmy. Oh and remember the last time we did this I was man enough to give you the last word.

Do you have those same guts? I guess we'll see won't we.  Grin

« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 12:20:06 PM by CaptainCargo » Logged

dichotomous

β€œTo paraphrase Oedipus, Hamlet, Lear, and all those guys, "I wish I had known this some time ago.” Roger Zelazny, Sign of the Unicorn
whiskeypriest
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7283 on: February 21, 2018, 01:30:37 PM »

Maybe.

Lots of stupid things are easy to type. You have demonstrated that several times in the 20 years of posts you've written. And you should learn to quit while you are getting a mudhole cyberstomped in your ass. And stop your constant whining and make it appear like you can rub two brain cells together and still have one left over to tie your shoes. You don't.  You would think someone of your age would have learned the first rule of losing an argument. Suck it up be a man and get over it. But no you would rather bring it up over and over again thinking the old man will some day lose his will not to take your shit. But you would rather bully and insult and pray no one notices how full of shit you are.(I liked that one as it really does fit you whether you have the nuts to admit it or not[you clearly don't]) Because you are actually too lacking in real guts to engage, to evaluate, to actually listen to what was told to you and to admit the validity of anyone's point of view except your own.(Again, it fits you so why change it) But no need to apologize and I would never ask you to Stevo I realize that you just can't help yourself as being proven wrong seems to so totally shake your fragile view that you can never be wrong, especially to me, because blood apparently runs out your ass when it happens. And it's amazing you haven't needed massive transfusions because of the zillions of times it has happened. Get some sun as I'm sure your anemic posting ass makes you look as white as a ghost to anyone that is around you. But otherwise have a nice day.

fify

Thank you.

You are quite welcome! Admitting I have self esteem a problem is the first step to a cure! But since I think my shit doesn't stink like any other normal person don't hold your breath.

Okay. Besides when I hold my breath for too long of a time I'm sure I look like Jimmy. Oh and remember the last time we did this I was man enough to give you the last word.

Do you have those same guts? I guess we'll see won't we.  Grin

Oh, by all means, have the last word.

TrojanHorse
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7284 on: February 22, 2018, 11:45:48 AM »

It's the offseason.  We have to do something to while away the time until fall kickoff...

Elite College QBs that flopped in the NFL
http://thesportsdrop.com/elite-college-quarterbacks-who-failed-in-the-nfl/?utm_medium=Discovery&utm_source=outbrain&utm_campaign=QB_Failed_NFL_V1_OB&utm_term=SI.com+-+NCAA+Football&utm_content=Sports+Illustrated+%28Time+Inc.%29
whiskeypriest
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7285 on: February 22, 2018, 01:10:49 PM »

Well, about half those guys were never really exected.to excel in the pros, no matter how good they were in college. The expectations for Lienhart and Leaf.were much higher than Danny Wuerffel or Troy Smith.

Lot of Brown's on that list, despite somehow missing Brandon Weeden.

TrojanHorse
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7286 on: February 22, 2018, 04:34:53 PM »

Cleveland has been where promising QBs go to die for some time now...
TrojanHorse
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7287 on: February 22, 2018, 09:40:05 PM »

But supposedly...that's all changing now
TrojanHorse
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7288 on: February 28, 2018, 12:00:23 PM »

I'm not sure most of these were actually surprises last year...

https://www.si.com/college-football/2018/02/27/surprise-teams-arizona-purdue-florida-atlantic
TrojanHorse
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7289 on: March 01, 2018, 04:44:39 PM »

Speed Kills....

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2761425-ranking-the-fastest-players-in-college-football-in-2018

https://www.pacifictakes.com/pac-12-football-recruiting/2017/7/3/15868374/usc-trojans-football-recruiting-isaac-taylor-stuart-the-opening
Pages: 1 ... 484 485 [486] 487 488 ... 492
  Print  

Jump to: