Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
April 20, 2018, 02:10:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: With Dixon out for the season, who will win the Heisman?
Tim Tebow
Darren McFadden
Matt Ryan
Chase Daniel
Other

Pages: 1 ... 436 437 [438] 439 440 ... 488
  Print  
Author Topic: College Football  (Read 43300 times)
DeeJ

« Reply #6555 on: January 02, 2018, 09:11:16 AM »

Georgia and Oklahoma game was a riveting match of two teams who each decided the other team would be better off "winning". Bad football gets labeled as a "great game". SAD.

Clemson
Has
Our unique
Kind of
Empathy

Alabama, again.

College Football is officially entered its usual place: YAWNVILLE.

So much for New Year's Resolutions, huh Ute?
DeeJ

« Reply #6556 on: January 02, 2018, 09:14:44 AM »

Only standings of any standing:

Playoff teams SEC 2
                     ACC 1
                     BiG 12 1

Final SEC 2

Champs. SEC 1

Anything else is just blather in the cold wind.
DeeJ

« Reply #6557 on: January 02, 2018, 09:23:31 AM »

Cheers

A great 5 year run for the Tigers, JB,  will be tough to duplicate but it looks like your program
Is on a roll, the cupboard is full, and your coaches know how to use all that talent.

Be nice to all those Ohio players heading south to Clemson.
CaptainCargo
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6558 on: January 02, 2018, 09:43:18 AM »

“ standing in the corner watching all the ‘dawgs’ go by.”

, on their way to Atlanta.  Cheesy

dichotomous

“To paraphrase Oedipus, Hamlet, Lear, and all those guys, "I wish I had known this some time ago.” Roger Zelazny, Sign of the Unicorn
CaptainCargo
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6559 on: January 02, 2018, 09:50:04 AM »

Cheers
Congratulations on a great year for your team. In my experience an angry Alabama is a difficult beast to cope with.

Unfortunately your team lost to Alabama by three scores. Under the CaptainCargo rules, this means that your team's stellar regular season work is irrelevant and a mirage. Your beat down in the playoffs means you were overrated and undeserving of the playoff berth. This will have a negative impact on your team next year and will be held against your entire league for at least three years, despite the fact that it will be a different year, and different players, and a different team. Cap has spoken.

Look like it's an all SEC party.  God's Conference with the two best teams in the nation. I know you're stoked.  Cheesy

dichotomous

“To paraphrase Oedipus, Hamlet, Lear, and all those guys, "I wish I had known this some time ago.” Roger Zelazny, Sign of the Unicorn
CaptainCargo
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6560 on: January 02, 2018, 09:53:51 AM »

Final Conference Standings

B1G         7-1
Sun Belt   4-1
Big12       5-3
AAC         4-3
MtWest    3-3
ConUSA   4-5
SEC         4-5#
ACC         4-6
MAC         1-4
PAC12      1-8
Ind           2-0
MEAC       1-0
SWAC.     0-1

#SEC will finish 5-6
(Top 2 teams 3-1
All others      2-4)

The Big did well no doubt.

But if you think the SEC is feeling poorly about your chart, yet having the only two teams left standing, I'm sure they are happy as a lark.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

But congrats to the Big on the other also-ran bowls by all means. 

dichotomous

whiskeypriest
Superhero Member

Life is skittles and life is beer.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6561 on: January 02, 2018, 09:55:06 AM »

Cheers
Congratulations on a great year for your team. In my experience an angry Alabama is a difficult beast to cope with.

Unfortunately your team lost to Alabama by three scores. Under the CaptainCargo rules, this means that your team's stellar regular season work is irrelevant and a mirage. Your beat down in the playoffs means you were overrated and undeserving of the playoff berth. This will have a negative impact on your team next year and will be held against your entire league for at least three years, despite the fact that it will be a different year, and different players, and a different team. Cap has spoken.

Look like it's an all SEC party.  God's Conference with the two best teams in the nation. I know you're stoked.  Cheesy
Yeah, it was a top heavy league this year. Good job by both teams. Go Dawgs.

What does it matter?  All is grace.
CaptainCargo
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6562 on: January 02, 2018, 09:57:27 AM »

Georgia and Oklahoma game was a riveting match of two teams who each decided the other team would be better off "winning". Bad football gets labeled as a "great game". SAD.

Clemson
Has
Our unique
Kind of
Empathy

Alabama, again.

College Football is officially entered its usual place: YAWNVILLE.

I don't usually like those high scoring types of games but I did watch the whole thing. And Clemson just got beat by a superior team that was healthy for a change. No choking going on there at all.

And if you don't like college football why are you here? Don't answer that, I and everyone else already knows why.

dichotomous

CaptainCargo
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6563 on: January 02, 2018, 10:00:07 AM »

Elephant backfield package for a TD.....now that's why Nick couldn't stop smiling!
Since it was a pick play he was probably thrilled he didn’t get called for an offensive pass interference call. Still, Karma is bitch when it finally comes around, as a probable pick play was how Clemson won on the final play of their winning drive last year.

Old Nick said prior to the game that "revenge" had nothing to do with this game ( smiling the whole time) and I know that football coaches are obliged to always say what they truly think, so I take him at his word ( as I type smiling through my smirk).  BAMA #94 had an interception earlier and made a move to avoid a would-be tackler that any BAMA Back would have been proud to make.  And then he demonstrates footwork in the corner of the end zone that any BAMA receiver wished they could make as would any primadonna ballerina!!!!
Old Nick just couldn't stop smiling with anticipation.

Pick play, yes, But I am guessing #94 ran his pattern deeper than drawn up, he should have got the ball behind the line with a full head of steam barreling for the end zone while his other DL mate lined up as a blocking back
Could block downfield legally. 
Did the officials miss the call?  Probably because they were smiling too, because old Nick told them to expect that play and they were mesmerized by the dancing Elephant or Hippo or Whatever.

Decide the game?  Only a idiot like LittleStevieWonderNut would go there.

It was a pick-play and the Refs fucked up. Just like last year only even more obvious. And you're right I think the refs were mesmerized. I know I was.

dichotomous

DeeJ

« Reply #6564 on: January 02, 2018, 10:00:33 AM »

Cap,  You took Jim under your wings as your "student" to educate, and he still is standing in the corner with
The dunce hat you made him wear, and he still doesn't have enough credits to graduate!

How long are you going to let him stay your student?
CaptainCargo
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6565 on: January 02, 2018, 10:01:45 AM »

Cheers

Yeah, it was a top heavy league this year. Good job by both teams. Go Dawgs.

Wrong team.

dichotomous

CaptainCargo
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6566 on: January 02, 2018, 10:03:07 AM »

Cap,  You took Jim under your wings as your "student" to educate, and he still is standing in the corner with
The dunce hat you made him wear, and he still doesn't have enough credits to graduate!

How long are you going to let him stay your student?

Graduate as a dunce?

Heck, he's head of the class.  Wink

dichotomous

bankshot1
Superhero Member

A non-card carrying citizen of RSN since 1957

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6567 on: January 02, 2018, 10:04:26 AM »

Bama opens as a 4 1/2 pt favorite in the SEC championship game.

"Hank Steinbrenner?
What a bunch of
(expletive) that is!"

-Red Sox Nation
DeeJ

« Reply #6568 on: January 02, 2018, 10:08:18 AM »

Elephant backfield package for a TD.....now that's why Nick couldn't stop smiling!
Since it was a pick play he was probably thrilled he didn’t get called for an offensive pass interference call. Still, Karma is bitch when it finally comes around, as a probable pick play was how Clemson won on the final play of their winning drive last year.

Old Nick said prior to the game that "revenge" had nothing to do with this game ( smiling the whole time) and I know that football coaches are obliged to always say what they truly think, so I take him at his word ( as I type smiling through my smirk).  BAMA #94 had an interception earlier and made a move to avoid a would-be tackler that any BAMA Back would have been proud to make.  And then he demonstrates footwork in the corner of the end zone that any BAMA receiver wished they could make as would any primadonna ballerina!!!!
Old Nick just couldn't stop smiling with anticipation.

Pick play, yes, But I am guessing #94 ran his pattern deeper than drawn up, he should have got the ball behind the line with a full head of steam barreling for the end zone while his other DL mate lined up as a blocking back
Could block downfield legally. 
Did the officials miss the call?  Probably because they were smiling too, because old Nick told them to expect that play and they were mesmerized by the dancing Elephant or Hippo or Whatever.

Decide the game?  Only a idiot like LittleStevieWonderNut would go there.

It was a pick-play and the Refs fucked up. Just like last year only even more obvious. And you're right I think the refs were mesmerized. I know I was.

This is the entertainment business and providing entertainment is what the sponsors, fans and media pay for.

When Nick informed the refs about this play he said, "that is not the illegal block you are looking for".
I still think it was designed for the elephant to catch the ball behind the line, but he saw paydirt and like anyngood running back, he went for it.  I see him catching the ball at the three with a full head of speed and
Two Tigers looking like road kill laying at the one.  That's the legend I see.
whiskeypriest
Superhero Member

Life is skittles and life is beer.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6569 on: January 02, 2018, 10:08:48 AM »

Final Conference Standings

B1G         7-1
Sun Belt   4-1
Big12       5-3
AAC         4-3
MtWest    3-3
ConUSA   4-5
SEC         4-5#
ACC         4-6
MAC         1-4
PAC12      1-8
Ind           2-0
MEAC       1-0
SWAC.     0-1

#SEC will finish 5-6
(Top 2 teams 3-1
All others      2-4)

The Big did well no doubt.

But if you think the SEC is feeling poorly about your chart, yet having the only two teams left standing, I'm sure they are happy as a lark.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

But congrats to the Big on the other also-ran bowls by all means. 
Yes, the Big Whatever's success clearly proves the Committee erred in not taking tOSU into the playoffs.

What does it matter?  All is grace.
Pages: 1 ... 436 437 [438] 439 440 ... 488
  Print  

Jump to: