Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
January 22, 2018, 06:49:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: With Dixon out for the season, who will win the Heisman?
Tim Tebow
Darren McFadden
Matt Ryan
Chase Daniel
Other

Pages: 1 ... 437 438 [439] 440 441 ... 467
  Print  
Author Topic: College Football  (Read 36978 times)
DeeJ

« Reply #6570 on: January 02, 2018, 10:10:45 AM »

Bama opens as a 4 1/2 pt favorite in the SEC championship game.

SEC Championship Game II. Slight correction, Banksie.
whiskeypriest
Superhero Member

Life is skittles and life is beer.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6571 on: January 02, 2018, 10:14:01 AM »

“ standing in the corner watching all the ‘dawgs’ go by.”

, on their way to Atlanta.  Cheesy

Cap,  You took Jim under your wings as your "student" to educate, and he still is standing in the corner with
The dunce hat you made him wear, and he still doesn't have enough credits to graduate!

How long are you going to let him stay your student?

Graduate as a dunce?

Heck, he's head of the class.  Wink
Do you ever get tired of that senile idiot's obsequious fawning? I mean, I like getting my bone smooched as much as the next guy, but all day, every day, by the same person?

What does it matter?  All is grace.
DeeJ

« Reply #6572 on: January 02, 2018, 10:14:08 AM »

Final Conference Standings

B1G         7-1
Sun Belt   4-1
Big12       5-3
AAC         4-3
MtWest    3-3
ConUSA   4-5
SEC         4-5#
ACC         4-6
MAC         1-4
PAC12      1-8
Ind           2-0
MEAC       1-0
SWAC.     0-1

#SEC will finish 5-6
(Top 2 teams 3-1
All others      2-4)

The Big did well no doubt.

But if you think the SEC is feeling poorly about your chart, yet having the only two teams left standing, I'm sure they are happy as a lark.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

But congrats to the Big on the other also-ran bowls by all means. 
Yes, the Big Whatever's success clearly proves the Committee erred in not taking tOSU into the playoffs.

Now that is a funny post!    Cheesy Cheesy Grin
DeeJ

« Reply #6573 on: January 02, 2018, 10:19:17 AM »

“ standing in the corner watching all the ‘dawgs’ go by.”

, on their way to Atlanta.  Cheesy

Cap,  You took Jim under your wings as your "student" to educate, and he still is standing in the corner with
The dunce hat you made him wear, and he still doesn't have enough credits to graduate!

How long are you going to let him stay your student?

Graduate as a dunce?

Heck, he's head of the class.  Wink
Do you ever get tired of that senile idiot's obsequious fawning? I mean, I like getting my bone smooched as much as the next guy, but all day, every day, by the same person?

One man's obsequious fawning is another's giving credit where credit is due.  Something you have never done concerning Others. 

Your jealousy and envy of Cap here is well known.  He's better than you. That is the plain and simple truth that only an idiot like you can't comprehend.
bankshot1
Superhero Member

A non-card carrying citizen of RSN since 1957

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6574 on: January 02, 2018, 10:28:47 AM »

How about the "Ultimate SEC Championship Game"?

calling it "II" indicates there could be a "III" and it gives a NFL SuperBowl tinge to the college showcase game.

"Hank Steinbrenner?
What a bunch of
(expletive) that is!"

-Red Sox Nation
Espnthree

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6575 on: January 02, 2018, 10:42:30 AM »

I will have to check out tronanhorse's pickles but it appears I have secured the coveted title of College Football Forum Bowl Prediction God, while bosox has safely secured the somewhat less coveted title of Most Wrong. This is what happens when you foolishly pick against one league, regardless.
It appears that strategy failed more than just Bosox.
CaptainCargo
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6576 on: January 02, 2018, 10:55:56 AM »

B1G         7-1
Sun Belt   4-1
Big12       5-3
AAC         4-3
MtWest    3-3
ConUSA   4-5
SEC         4-5#
ACC         4-6
MAC         1-4
PAC12      1-8
Ind           2-0
MEAC       1-0
SWAC.     0-1

#SEC will finish 5-6
(Top 2 teams 3-1
All others      2-4)

But if you think the SEC is feeling poorly about your chart, yet having the only two teams left standing, I'm sure they are happy as a lark.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Yes, the Big Whatever's success clearly proves the Committee erred in not taking tOSU into the playoffs.

I assume your being facetious. It is one of your best features and would be a shame not to take advantage of your strengths. Or at least half facetious as you may actually subconsciously believe it. Or the crap about my supposed rules. You've been on a bit of a roll so it is hard to say.  Smiley

We all know what Clemson or Bama would do to them.(Well most of us do) But there's always the other game.

Well they couldn't beat Oklahoma. Maybe they could beat Georgia.

Good reasoning, we need to put you on the Committee. At least for the sarcasm.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 12:08:26 PM by CaptainCargo » Logged

Yep
DeeJ

« Reply #6577 on: January 02, 2018, 11:13:41 AM »

calling it "II" indicates there could be a "III" and it gives a NFL SuperBowl tinge to the college showcase game.

Well, Banksy, the semi-pro "college" system is adopting everything the NFL does. I expect a week of mass hysteria and hype, parties and all classes cancelled on every campus on Game Day.

And, of course, "Monday Night Football"!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 11:23:29 AM by DeeJ » Logged
DeeJ

« Reply #6578 on: January 02, 2018, 11:15:27 AM »

I will have to check out tronanhorse's pickles but it appears I have secured the coveted title of College Football Forum Bowl Prediction God, while bosox has safely secured the somewhat less coveted title of Most Wrong. This is what happens when you foolishly pick against one league, regardless.
It appears that strategy failed more than just Bosox.

Bad form, JumboNut, criticizing a strategy without having participated with one of your own.
Bad, Bad, Bad.
Espnthree

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6579 on: January 02, 2018, 11:16:49 AM »

B1G         7-1
Sun Belt   4-1
Big12       5-3
AAC         4-3
MtWest    3-3
ConUSA   4-5
SEC         4-5#
ACC         4-6
MAC         1-4
PAC12      1-8
Ind           2-0
MEAC       1-0
SWAC.     0-1

#SEC will finish 5-6
(Top 2 teams 3-1
All others      2-4)

But if you think the SEC is feeling poorly about your chart, yet having the only two teams left standing, I'm sure they are happy as a lark.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I assume your being facetious. It is one of your best features and would be a shame not to take advantage of your strengths. Or at least half facetious as you may actually subconsciously believe it.  Smiley

We all know what Clemson or Bama would do to them.(Well most of us do) But there's always the other game.

Consider what might have been had Penn State beat Ohio State.
But why talk about what actually happened?
DeeJ

« Reply #6580 on: January 02, 2018, 11:21:23 AM »

I sure hope that Jim was able to unload the tickets he bought in advance for the Rose Bowl, the Heisman ceremony, the National Championship game and the Coach of the Year award ceremony. Cheesy
whiskeypriest
Superhero Member

Life is skittles and life is beer.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6581 on: January 02, 2018, 11:25:19 AM »

B1G         7-1
Sun Belt   4-1
Big12       5-3
AAC         4-3
MtWest    3-3
ConUSA   4-5
SEC         4-5#
ACC         4-6
MAC         1-4
PAC12      1-8
Ind           2-0
MEAC       1-0
SWAC.     0-1

#SEC will finish 5-6
(Top 2 teams 3-1
All others      2-4)

I assume your being facetious. It is one of your best features and would be a shame not to take advantage of your strengths. Or at least half facetious as you may actually subconsciously believe it.  Smiley

Good reasoning, we need to put you on the Committee. At least for the sarcasm.
I do not know what Clemson or Alabama would do to them.

While agree with the Committee based upon its.criteria, I think there is a good argument to be made that tOSU was worthy of being in the playoffs,.based upon those same criteria. Those who traditionally like to use playoff.and bowl results to argue the Committee got it right/wrong [cough]you[/cough] should find the argument for tOSU much stronger today. The Big Whatever's bowl record was one highly enjoyable gack job away from perfect,.which makes the achievement of its champion all that more impressive.

What does it matter?  All is grace.
MrUtley3
Superhero Member

Willie Randolph's Real Killers

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6582 on: January 02, 2018, 11:33:56 AM »

Georgia and Oklahoma game was a riveting match of two teams who each decided the other team would be better off "winning". Bad football gets labeled as a "great game". SAD.

Clemson
Has
Our unique
Kind of
Empathy

Alabama, again.

College Football is officially entered its usual place: YAWNVILLE.

So much for New Year's Resolutions, huh Ute?

YAWNVILLE HEAD CHEERLEADER has yet to learn.

"That guy over there played with Ty Cobb," said Phillies bench coach Jimy Williams, pointing to Chase Utley. "He's been here before."  quoted in the Boston Globe
bankshot1
Superhero Member

A non-card carrying citizen of RSN since 1957

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6583 on: January 02, 2018, 11:43:37 AM »

Well, Banksy, the semi-pro "college" system is adopting everything the NFL does. I expect a week of mass hysteria and hype, parties and all classes cancelled on every campus on Game Day.

And, of course, "Monday Night Football"!

I'm all for mass hysteria and hype, but "SEC2-this time it counts" may not resonate as deeply as you suggest.

I may be wrong but IMO given the fall-off in NFL ratings, the college powers that be may want to adopt another model.

I might suggest a Monday Night Raw, a UFC cage match, or maybe let the video gamers take over the programming.

or as I don't have a dog in the on-going Elba my conference is better than yours, and really don't care all that much, but

8 TEAMS!

"Hank Steinbrenner?
What a bunch of
(expletive) that is!"

-Red Sox Nation
MrUtley3
Superhero Member

Willie Randolph's Real Killers

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6584 on: January 02, 2018, 11:44:55 AM »

I may be wrong but IMO given the fall-off in NFL ratings, the college powers that be may want to adopt another model.

Especially since CFB ratings are already falling.

"That guy over there played with Ty Cobb," said Phillies bench coach Jimy Williams, pointing to Chase Utley. "He's been here before."  quoted in the Boston Globe
Pages: 1 ... 437 438 [439] 440 441 ... 467
  Print  

Jump to: