Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 577

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 121970 times)

Espnthree

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #3825 on: April 29, 2023, 02:43:09 PM »

Looks like somebody had his weapon cocked and ready to fire and went ahead and did so.   

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2023/04/29/cleveland-texas-gunman-kills-five-8-year-old/

Just a small price to pay so that everybody can have to access to weapons to kill the bad people lurking in the shadows.
A Mexican National, probably here illegally, drunkenly shooting in the darkess of the night with no purpose.
What could possibly go wrong?

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #3826 on: April 29, 2023, 03:20:52 PM »

From a letter to parents of fifth grade students at a school in Essex Junction, Vermont.

In an effort to align our curriculum with our equity policy, teachers will be using gender inclusive language throughout this unit....

We will be using the following language with students:

Person who produces sperm in place of boy, male, and assigned male at birth.

Person who produces eggs in place of girl, female and assigned female at birth.

I am the egg man, I am the walrus, goo goo ka-joob!

edited for minor typo
« Last Edit: April 29, 2023, 04:27:21 PM by Oilcan »
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #3827 on: April 29, 2023, 03:28:40 PM »

But their track record in attracting viewers is the best.
But even if OAN and Newsmax benefit it will be to the advantage of conservatives

Nope, OANUS and Newsmocks are pure spin, worse than Faux  and more likely to deepen the ignorance of cons.  Faux at least has had some staff who report factual material.   
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #3828 on: April 29, 2023, 07:58:32 PM »

Looks like somebody had his weapon cocked and ready to fire and went ahead and did so.   

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2023/04/29/cleveland-texas-gunman-kills-five-8-year-old/

Just a small price to pay so that everybody can have to access to weapons to kill the bad people lurking in the shadows.

There's no complaining to neighbours these days...this is what can happen.
There's no telling neighbours "NO".
*Everyone* today has a short fuse.

Comparison is the thief of joy.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #3829 on: April 29, 2023, 08:34:32 PM »

Swimmer Riley Gaines attacked, barricades self from transgender rights activists

« Last Edit: April 29, 2023, 08:39:31 PM by bambu. »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3830 on: April 29, 2023, 10:44:31 PM »

It is just the terrorism you have been advocating for for years.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #3831 on: April 30, 2023, 02:30:46 AM »

It is just the terrorism you have been advocating for for years.

Wisdom dictated that the victim family should've stayed right way from the gun-firing 'not normal behaviour, and armed with a gun' neighbour.
Family would've been better off dealing with the woken baby and the noise than complaining.
You should be able to ask your neighbours to please stop with the noise. but the fact is that today you can't, without possible serious consequences.

Neighbours...baaah!
You never know who's living next door...best to avoid neighbours like the plague.
Stay right way from them, pretend they don't exist.

An American couple left their German Shepherd dog Humphrey in their back yard and went out.
While they were away a plumber from Beijing who was staying with their neighbours next door killed and ate Humphrey.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2023, 02:37:39 AM by bambu. »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3832 on: April 30, 2023, 12:29:18 PM »

My number one radio host just told me puppies are the main ingredient in Australian cuisine.

I am training my beautiful little pit-bull to bite anyone with an Australian accent as preemptive defense.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #3833 on: April 30, 2023, 02:08:14 PM »

The Bible says to love our neighbors, but it also says to avoid hanging out with evil people, so we are allowed to choose the good people whom we can love. The Bible also says to do good deeds for all people, but especially for other Christians.

When I first moved into my apartment here in Anaheim I was able to pass out a truck load of free ice cream to my neighbors on a hot summer afternoon. A diesel truck pulled up, and the driver asked me if I wanted to pass out free ice cream to my neighbors, and I told him that the children would love it, and me and my Uncle Dennis passed out free ice cream to the whole neighborhood.

Then, later on I threw a party here at my apartment complex with a live band and with free mahi mahi tacos for everyone, and the owner of the complex bought pizza for everyone.

I am trying to love my neighbors. They all speak Spanish where I live, the children know English and they go to school, but the parents all speak Spanish. We need to make our immigrants legal so that they can call the police to report crimes, I need for my Spanish speaking neighbors to be able to report crimes, I do not want for them to be afraid to call the police if we need help in our neighborhood.

And we need Church buses in every neighborhood to take everyone to Church on Sunday, and we can meet our Christian friends at Church on Sunday. In my neighborhood I can walk to the Calvary Chapel Open Door, which is one of the churches featured in the movie "Jesus Revolution" and I hope the homeless people would start going to Church on Sundays, and I want for the Christians to help our homeless people.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #3834 on: April 30, 2023, 03:12:21 PM »

In the movie "The Godfather" Corleone refused to allow the bad guys to sell heroin in New York City, he told them that if he was cool then everyone would love him, but if he started selling heroin then everyone would hate him, so Corleone refused to allow the bad guys to sell heroin.

We need to teach the good people how to make honest money so that they do not have to be criminals. And we need to teach the children at a very young age that they can work at a career that they choose and that they can have great lives and they do not need to do bad things to make money.

And with Colombia, they are learning that they can sell Coffee and be LOVED around the world for great coffee, instead of being hated for selling cocaine and getting people addicted. If Colombia sells cocaine then it pisses us off, we do not want the cocaine, but if the Colombians sell wonderful coffee then I support them and I buy their coffee. Colombia can sell great coffee to Australia and the Australians will love the Colombians.

We need to teach people that they have a choice in life, and we need to teach them very young that they can work to make honest money and that they do not need to be criminals in order to survive.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #3835 on: April 30, 2023, 05:02:37 PM »

Here is a story that should be taught to all youth...

When I was a teen I painted houses for an old Hippy from Hawaii, and he was always giving me books to read, and he was always trying to teach me good things. Here is a story about how to handle being homeless in Hawaii.

If you are homeless in Hawaii and if you are hungry, do not steal fruit off of people's trees or they will hate you, instead knock on their door and tell them that you are hungry, but you are homeless and do not have any money, and the people in Hawaii will give you free fruit off of their trees, and they will feed you, and they will help you. You never know, the person might own a restaurant where you can get a job, etc.

The moral of the story is that if you need help, then ask for help, do not steal from people. If you steal then they will hate you, but if you ask for help then they will help you and they will bring you into their community.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #3836 on: April 30, 2023, 07:13:50 PM »

Note to self:

So great to see the meaning of neighbor redefined in the dictionary and
reinterpreted in the Bible on Sunday morning.

Such wisdom, such idiocy, such hypocrisy by one who considers himself
a devout Christian.  Split personality, dumb and dumber, take your pick.

Go next door and complain to bikies/criminal gangs that they're making too much noise and see what happens to you.
Allow your children to bang, bang, bang a basket ball against the heaboard on your house in the diveway for hours, annoying your neighbour/s, you'll likely get a reaction...maybe in a bad way...especially in America.
If I remember correctly a man in Hawaii shot a neighbour over a continually bouncing ball.
Suburbia is for peace and quiet...but not everyone understands.
If neighbours are obeying noise laws, then people annoyed by bouncing balls, loud parties etc should invest in some good noise-cancelling headphones.
..instead of shooting, stabbing, or fighting with neighbours.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2023, 07:40:31 PM by bambu. »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #3837 on: April 30, 2023, 09:18:14 PM »

Lecture?
Never.

3rd party comment?
Yes, given the 174 mass shootings in America this year so far.
All appearing on my tv screen...photos of the victims.
...and this forum being open to the global village.

See, the problem in America is the guns.
But there's that Amendment to get past before assault rifles can be banned.
In NY there seems to be rigid regulation around ownership, registration, and carry/open carry of guns...but not the same in all states.

In my world:

hoops dot com dot au/ forum

'Anonymous':

Agro Neighbours- "Stop Bouncing That Ball"

Recently my grumpy old neighbour has been yelling at me when I've been practicing basketball in the backyard " stop bouncing that bloody ball!"
Surely I have the right to bounce a basketball in my own backyard.
I might point out that I haven't been practicing at night time or early in the morning. He's even got his 3 and 4 year old daughters yelling over the fence whenever they hear bouncing.

#####

No guns...just yelling.
In America...guns, and shooting.
Fact.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #3838 on: April 30, 2023, 09:32:47 PM »

FACT:  You keep advocating more and more guns for Americans, cocked and ready to fire for their are bad guys lurking in the shadows.

FACT: It's not the bad guys lurking in the shadows getting shot.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #3839 on: April 30, 2023, 09:38:23 PM »

To the little ignorant worm who lives in a hole in the ground.
In America, of which you have no real knowledge,  83% of 330 million
People live in Urban areas.  Those who live in a wasteland of a continent,
with what 25 million? , are hardly in a position to lecture Americans about
Good Neighbor policy or anything else for that matter.
Go back into your hole, you worthless worm.

The good neigbours who engaged their neighbour with a noise complaint were shot dead
Had they not done so, they'd still be alive.

My point.
Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 577