Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 380 381 [382] 383 384 ... 577

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 121979 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #5715 on: October 03, 2023, 03:09:52 AM »

Biggest outrage atm is the fact that Rocky Myers is still on death row.
He has spent nearly 30 years on death row.

Rocky was sentenced to death after a flawed trial tainted by racism, with no forensic evidence.
He also has an intellectual disability.

His lead defence counsel had links to the Ku Klux Klan, and jurors were heard using racial slurs.

The Governor of Alabama must commute his death sentence.

Amnesty International Australia.

#####

Sounds a lot like what happened to that Black man Joseph Spell in the movie I saw on the big screen at a cinema..."Marshall"...where lawyer Thurgood Marshall defended him.

You'd hope Rocky Myers isn't just another victim of the "grab any ...... , one of them did it" mentality that seems to exist.

What's Rocky Myers even still doing in prison, let alone on death row.

Would I like to have been/be a Black man in America?
No siree!
Comparison is the thief of joy.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #5716 on: October 03, 2023, 07:04:24 PM »

Sparkle tried to get into the US Senate, but failed.
Comparison is the thief of joy.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #5717 on: October 03, 2023, 10:36:27 PM »

Duration: 27 Scaramuccis!
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #5718 on: October 04, 2023, 12:37:05 AM »

Bambu, the Black people have good lives in Memphis, Tennessee, and in Birmingham, Alabama, etc, there are some nice places in America where the Black people have great lives. And while I have never been there, there is also Harlem, in New York, and I bet Harlem is nice for the Blacks. And also I have not been to New Orleans yet, but New Orleans would not be New Orleans without the Black people.

The first person who I drove as a Limousine Driver was Herbie Hancock, I drove Herbie from Hollywood to the Airport, Herbie has a great life here in Hollywood.

Things are good for the Blacks in America in a lot of ways. We have made a lot of progress, America is better now for everyone.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #5719 on: October 04, 2023, 03:11:54 AM »

I had a Black History professor in community college who is an amazing teacher, she is from Haiti, and she is an expert on American History. Her specialty is the Great Depression, she studied what caused the Great Depression, and about how life was like during the Great Depression, and about what was done to end it, and about what was done to make sure that we never have another Great Depression.

The name of the Professor is Professor Marks Ellis, and when I had her she was a Professor at Antelope Valley College, but now she is a Professor at Columbia University in New York.

They should put Professor Marks Ellis on the History Channel on television, and also on Public Broadcasting. She can teach everyone about History, plus she is a great role model for young Black girls.

Salute,

Tony V.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #5720 on: October 04, 2023, 09:45:03 AM »

Bambu, the Black people have good lives in Memphis, Tennessee, and in Birmingham, Alabama, etc, there are some nice places in America where the Black people have great lives. And while I have never been there, there is also Harlem, in New York, and I bet Harlem is nice for the Blacks. And also I have not been to New Orleans yet, but New Orleans would not be New Orleans without the Black people.

The first person who I drove as a Limousine Driver was Herbie Hancock, I drove Herbie from Hollywood to the Airport, Herbie has a great life here in Hollywood.

Things are good for the Blacks in America in a lot of ways. We have made a lot of progress, America is better now for everyone.

I think you should share this post with as many Black people as possible, and ask for some honest feedback.  You know, just to constructively fine-tune your understanding.  Maybe also share your earlier Antelope Valley posts. 
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #5721 on: October 04, 2023, 10:04:09 AM »

She is not a Professor at Columbia University.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2023, 11:11:23 AM by Yankguy1 »
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #5722 on: October 04, 2023, 10:43:55 AM »

She
So direct and to the  point!

Cherchez La Femme?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2023, 10:46:29 AM by Espnthree »

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #5723 on: October 04, 2023, 11:12:22 AM »

"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #5724 on: October 04, 2023, 12:07:06 PM »

Well, yes she is.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/annette-marks-ellis-56232b212
The Columbia Teachers College is affiliated with Columbia while it is ruled by a separate Board of Directors.
And Ms Ellis credentials are very impressive.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #5725 on: October 04, 2023, 12:10:26 PM »

What's the difference between Kevin McCarthy and a fetus?

None.  Both are pushed out after nine months. 

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5726 on: October 04, 2023, 12:25:08 PM »

Well, yes she is.

The Columbia Teachers College is affiliated with Columbia while it is ruled by a separate Board of Directors.
So... she is not a Professor at Columbia University, but rather Columbia Teachers College.
Sam: Those sons of bitches, they got him right through the neck.

Suzy: Was he a good dog?

Sam: Who's to say? But he didn't deserve to die.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #5727 on: October 04, 2023, 12:34:22 PM »

Well, yes she is.

Yes, she has an impressive resume but  she's not a Professor at Columbia or anything affiliated with it. There is nothing in the Linked In site you link to that shows that she's teaching at Columbia Teachers College, dumbass, only that she received a Masters Degree there.  All the site shows is that she's currently an Adjunct Professor at CUNY-Staten Island and was also an Adjunct at Wagner College.   

I know you're a contentious SOB and you're bound and determined to prove that you're smarter than I am, and you might well be, but once again showing your inability to read isn't a good way of demonstrating it.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2023, 01:02:40 PM by Yankguy1 »

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #5728 on: October 04, 2023, 01:05:41 PM »

Well, yes she is.

Yes, she has an impressive resume but  she's not a Professor at Columbia or anything affiliated with it. There is nothing in the Linked In site you link to that shows that she's teaching at Columbia Teachers College, dumbass, only that she received a Masters Degree there.  All the site shows is that she's currently an Adjunct Professor at CUNY-Staten Island and was also an Adjunct at Wagner College.   
So what?  How does that alter  Tony Vs praise of her as a teacher?
The LinkedIn link confirms she was educated there and and you throw a fit because he may be wrong and she didn
« Last Edit: October 04, 2023, 01:10:19 PM by Espnthree »

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #5729 on: October 04, 2023, 01:23:58 PM »

How can one line, "she's not a Professor at Columbia University" constitute "throwing a fit"?  It was merely me making a correction.

Just like you tried, and failed, to do to me.  Was yours "throwing a fit"?

You know, it would have been easier for you to say: "I was wrong.  I'm an asshole, I can't read and I don't know the meaning of many basic words." 

I'm not holding my breath.

But I am done with you.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2023, 01:25:49 PM by Yankguy1 »
Pages: 1 ... 380 381 [382] 383 384 ... 577