Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 263645 times)

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #1875 on: January 07, 2019, 09:17:46 AM »

Awful lot of contingent travel with that extra week.

I agree.

And I don't personally endorse such a change. Not totally opposed to it either. I'm only pointing out that it is out there. And like I said, times change.
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: January 07, 2019, 10:44:54 AM »

Expansion talk is over.
Come back in 2022 when the current contract is 3 years from being up.
If the current system is functioning as well as it is today then put it to bed forever.
Only College Football, of all the major sports, has found a way to pit the TWO best teams of the SEASON in a CG for most of the last 20 years.
Since the CFP there has been one year where the top seed did not make the CG.
There is simply no viable reason to open up the playoff to also-rans.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: January 07, 2019, 11:28:17 AM »

IMO, the Playoffs could and should un-TIE themselves to a calendar that accommodates the Bowl cartel, there is nothing sacred about Jan1 or the Nose Bowl for that matter. 
That would be economic suicide for College Football.  New Year’s Day is the Game’s biggest platform, has been forever.  Anchored by the Rose and Sugar Bowls and introduced by the eponymous Rose Bowl Parade no single day of the season attracts a larger national TV audience.
As TV ratings show the further away from January first the games are shown the lower the TV audience. This year NONE of the six NYD Bowl Games had playoff significane and still delivered more viwers than watched the semi-finals.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: January 07, 2019, 11:52:33 AM »

IMO, the Playoffs could and should un-TIE themselves to a calendar that accommodates the Bowl cartel, there is nothing sacred about Jan1 or the Nose Bowl for that matter. 
That would be economic suicide for College Football.  New Year’s Day is the Game’s biggest platform, has been forever.  Anchored by the Rose and Sugar Bowls and introduced by the eponymous Rose Bowl Parade no single day of the season attracts a larger national TV audience.
As TV ratings show the further away from January first the games are shown the lower the TV audience. This year NONE of the six NYD Bowl Games had playoff significane and still delivered more viwers than watched the semi-finals.

Economic suicide?  Rubbish.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.awfulannouncing.com/espn/college-football-playoff-ratings-down-25-percent-scheduling-new-years-day.html

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: January 07, 2019, 12:07:14 PM »

Economic suicide?  Rubbish.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.awfulannouncing.com/espn/college-football-playoff-ratings-down-25-percent-scheduling-new-years-day.html

Seems you are streaming along with the failing ESPN fake news!
What’s fake about the ratings ?

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: January 07, 2019, 03:08:16 PM »

Ratings?  Who said anything about ratings....I wrote "fake news",
The article I posted that you challenged as fake was about the ratings.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: January 07, 2019, 04:03:33 PM »

Ratings?  Who said anything about ratings....I wrote "fake news",
The article I posted that you challenged as fake was about the ratings.

News to me, Jim.
Well, now you know.

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: January 07, 2019, 05:26:44 PM »

I liked the +7 and under 60 when it came out

Wil take the current Wynn numbers

Clemson +6
Under 57.5

Record -  5-6

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: January 07, 2019, 05:31:55 PM »

Arizona Football Cardinals granted permission to talk to USC OC Kliff Kingsbury, whose tenure as OC has even outlasted the Manny Diaz stint at Temple.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: January 07, 2019, 06:23:01 PM »

Dwayne Haskins to enter the draft. He would be foolish not to. I expect him to be the first QB off the board, and a possible 1 pick. He looks like the closest thing to a franchise QB coming out. That will make him very popular with, say, the Giants or a QB hungry team looking to stay ahead of the giants, like the Raiders, or Bucs, or Jags.

whiskeypriest

• View Profile

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: January 07, 2019, 06:51:04 PM »

Dwayne Haskins to enter the draft. He would be foolish not to. I expect him to be the first QB off the board, and a possible 1 pick. He looks like the closest thing to a franchise QB coming out. That will make him very popular with, say, the Giants or a QB hungry team looking to stay ahead of the giants, like the Raiders, or Bucs, or Jags.

Big kid with a strong arm I like him. He'll follow the money of course. Another year of college football would have probably helped him though IMO.

But he just can't pass up that moola. Might be the second or even third QB if he stays. Might have been the #1 if he stayed too for that matter.
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: January 07, 2019, 07:18:56 PM »

Big kid with a strong arm I like him. He'll follow the money of course. Another year of college football would have probably helped him though IMO.

But he just can't pass up that moola. Might be the second or even third QB if he stays. Might have been the #1 if he stayed too for that matter.
Even if Day does everything the same way I think Haskins is correct to leave at the same time as the previous coach.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: January 07, 2019, 07:43:19 PM »

Even if Day does everything the same way I think Haskins is correct to leave at the same time as the previous coach.
His one year as a starting QB made a mockery of the Heisman voting.
He will never be as valuable as an NFLer as he is right now.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: January 07, 2019, 07:47:11 PM »

Yep.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 329