Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 555 556 [557] 558 559 ... 564

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 118894 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #8340 on: April 25, 2024, 02:55:00 PM »

When I worked at Universal Studios we had our own Police Department, the cops worked for us, and that is what they need to do for the Metrolink Trains, they need to have their own police department which is focused solely on protecting the Metrolink passengers.

And we need to improve our schools, and we need to have after school programs for the youth, and we need to teach the teens how to earn honest money, and for the gangs we have Homeboy Industries and Father Boyle, etc, we need to nurture a better society.

Things will improve in California now that Mayor Bass is working to help the homeless, and now that Governor Newsom is lowering taxes for film and television producers, etc. As the economy improves then crime will go down.

Anyhow, the trains need their own police force.

Salute,

Tony V.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8341 on: April 25, 2024, 03:41:50 PM »

Scotus hearing today is a BFD.  Hopefully a decision will clarify that treason monkeys are not above the law.
You would think the lawyers for a man challenging a sitting President in an election would have been more aware then to argue a sitting president can with impunity order the assassination of man challenging a sitting President in an election.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #8342 on: April 25, 2024, 05:04:05 PM »

The search is what anyone would undertake if he were not sunk in the everydayness of his own life. 

Punch, brothers, punch with care!
Punch in the presence of the passenjare!

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #8343 on: April 25, 2024, 10:04:55 PM »

Bambu, I am drinking Cabernet Sauvignon wine from Australia, the brand is Franzia, I paid $15 for a 5 Liter box, from a store named Von's. Normally I buy the wine from California, but Von's only had the Australian wine, and so I figured I would go ahead and support the Australians by buying some Australian wine. This would be good wine to sell in Alaska where wine is hard to get, they need to sell Franzia in Alaska. And the Mexicans would probably buy this wine. The Australian wine is good wine, and the people of Taiwan would love Franzia wine, and the Philippines, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8344 on: April 25, 2024, 10:57:22 PM »

Bambu wants to be a real boy.

It just aint gonna happen no matter how hard or long he squeaks about it.

'boy'?
In what context?
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8345 on: April 25, 2024, 11:10:22 PM »

Letting Europeans get on boats was much worse than 9/11 or 10/7.

The planet is underpopulated but it  will get less so.

Dead minds like you who never made it out of the twentieth century will be plowed under if they do not want to wake up and keep up no matter how white they are and how much they bitch and moan.

Underpopulated?
Where you gonna put all the extra billions of people you desire?

They are coming whether you or I desire them or not.

Where you gonna grow their food?
Where are they all gonna live?

Golf courses, country clubs, subdivided mansions, vacant office buildings and malls for a start.

They're needed for the homeless, working poor, sick unemployed, people living in abject poverty who are here how.
Atm, I'm only one pension payment away from financial imposition on my preferred way of life.
Heaven knows how homeless, people living in poverty, sick unemployed etc people are managing.
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8346 on: April 25, 2024, 11:20:33 PM »

Bambu, I am drinking Cabernet Sauvignon wine from Australia, the brand is Franzia, I paid $15 for a 5 Liter box, from a store named Von's. Normally I buy the wine from California, but Von's only had the Australian wine, and so I figured I would go ahead and support the Australians by buying some Australian wine. This would be good wine to sell in Alaska where wine is hard to get, they need to sell Franzia in Alaska. And the Mexicans would probably buy this wine. The Australian wine is good wine, and the people of Taiwan would love Franzia wine, and the Philippines, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

You buy our wine, Tony, ...the company makes a profit, pays taxes...and our govt uses those taxes to buy your war planes, your nuke subs, and hopefully soon nuke missiles from you. :)
Drink up!
Not too much though, alcohol can be bad news if not consumed in moderation.
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8347 on: April 26, 2024, 12:02:41 AM »

Yesterday attended the blockbuster footy game in Sydney for Anzac Day.
Car is broken down, nothing major, saving up to have it fixed...so had to catch public transport to Sydney then around in Sydney to get to the stadium by 'Light Rail' Trams.
Only good thing was that it was all free for anyone with tickets to the game.
Blockbuster game, blockbuster crowd (double usual footy crowds), blockbuster time of day, packed in like sardines on the trams.
Best of luck to tourists trying to work out the light rail system...and catch connecting light rail, bus, train.
Not enough time to get from one to the other...poor programming.
Not everyone is an Olympic sprinter.
I was responsible for navigation, not the best job did I do.
Next time, few weeks hence, gotta do it all again.
Non-blockbuster game, time, day.
I made a lot of mental notes yesterday, which I'm committing to paper today.
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8348 on: April 26, 2024, 12:28:33 AM »

Autumn...sunny, cloudless afternoon, the footy players ran out, chopper landed centre stadium...delivering the revered Anzac Day Cup trophy.
Chopper rose a bit, bowed to the crowd, then departed.
Riderless horse in the middle, ....and large flags of Australia and New Zealand were unfurled horizontally, then the 40,000 crowd stood as a young naval woman bugler played The Last Post, a minute's silence ( not one sound was there, usually some no-idea of more make a noise), then she played Reveille.
The national anthems of both nations were then played.
Ceremony concluded.
Game was played.
Anzac haters lost again!
National flag haters lost again!
National anthem haters lost again.
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8349 on: April 26, 2024, 12:52:53 AM »

Bambu wants to be a real boy.

It just aint gonna happen no matter how hard or long he squeaks about it.

'boy'?
In what context?

As opposed to being a fucking blockhead, blockhead.

No one here believes you left your house.

No nukes for you.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Walter Sobchak

• View Profile
« Reply #8350 on: April 26, 2024, 10:27:37 AM »

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #8351 on: April 26, 2024, 10:33:30 AM »

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/04/26/coal-fuel-future-decline-00153666

Coal decline continues, helped along by new regulations, the aging of remaining coal plants, and rapid growth of clean energy. 

The fly ash regulations will be helpful to many communities and water supplies. 
Punch, brothers, punch with care!
Punch in the presence of the passenjare!

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #8352 on: April 26, 2024, 11:26:54 AM »

Coal decline continues, helped along by new regulations, the aging of remaining coal plants, and rapid growth of clean energy. 
The rapid growth of Natural gas has put coal as the odd man out, in the US.
Coal is expanding in Asia and developing countries.
The USA has the capacity to expand natural gas in Europe through LNG exportation.
Sadly Biden is delaying that day until we get leadership with brains.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #8353 on: April 26, 2024, 11:36:27 AM »

The fly ash regulations will be helpful to many communities and water supplies.

This is a BIG DAMN DEAL!

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #8354 on: April 26, 2024, 11:43:40 AM »

The rapid growth of Natural gas has put coal as the odd man out, in the US.
Coal is expanding in Asia and developing countries.
The USA has the capacity to expand natural gas in Europe through LNG exportation.
Sadly Biden is delaying that day until we get leadership with brains.

The Europeans are not waiting to import more dinosaur flatulence

The use of renewable energy has many potential benefits, including a reduction in greenhouse gas emissions, the diversification of energy supplies and a reduced dependency on fossil fuel markets (in particular, oil and gas).The growth of renewable energy sources may also stimulate employment in the EU, through the creation of jobs in new green technologies.

https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/statistics-explained/index.php?title=Renewable_energy_statistics
« Last Edit: April 26, 2024, 11:53:59 AM by LarryB! »
Pages: 1 ... 555 556 [557] 558 559 ... 564