Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 571

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 120939 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #2190 on: December 12, 2022, 05:04:45 PM »

I had a friend, Chris Meyer, he died of Cancer in 2006, I miss him, he was a great friend, anyhow, he was retired, and he was a Veteran from the Air Force, and he used to volunteer to drive around in a van with a female social worker picking up the homeless people and giving the homeless people rides to the shelters where the people could get help. He was a volunteer, he did it all for free to help the homeless people, and also a lot of the homeless people are Veterans. He was very good at working with the homeless people, and he had a lot of patience, and he genuinely loved the people. He also managed shelters. He was a cool guy, and it is hard working with the homeless people and he used to do it for free in order to serve God and to be of service to other people.

Salute,

Tony V.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: December 12, 2022, 05:26:04 PM »

He should have driven them to Battle Mountain.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: December 12, 2022, 06:09:31 PM »

A public library in the Boston suburb of Deedham decided to bow to progressive employees demands that the library refrain from putting up its traditional Christmas Tree.
It caused quite a stir.
The progressives turned victory into defeat and for good reason.

A member of a Human Rights Commission in Deedham resigned after posting a profanity-laden post to Facebook last week that mocked God and cursed her fellow citizens amid controversy regarding a local library Christmas trees.

Really.
Over a Christmas Tree
A secular symbol of a national US holiday.
The tree will again be on display this year.
Right wing cancel culture at work again.
ROFL!

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: December 12, 2022, 06:23:46 PM »

True. Battle Mountain can be a safe place for those who feel abandoned. I have been writing to Carlos Santana and to all of the old hippies and I have been telling them to open communes in Battle Mountain, Nevada, for the homeless people and for the refugees, etc. There needs to be a safe place where people can just show up on a Greyhound Bus and get a nice hot meal and a job growing food and making cheese, etc, and get a place to live and a community. All of the old hippies need to open communes for the homeless and for the refugees, and Battle Mountain is only $1,000 per acre.

We will see if Carlos Santana and the others read my messages.

Salute,

Tony V.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: December 12, 2022, 07:27:03 PM »

A public library in the Boston suburb of Deedham decided to bow to progressive employees demands that the library refrain from putting up its traditional Christmas Tree.
It caused quite a stir.

A member of a Human Rights Commission in Deedham resigned after posting a profanity-laden post to Facebook last week that mocked God and cursed her fellow citizens amid controversy regarding a local library Christmas trees.

Really.
Over a Christmas Tree

Worth noting there is no Boston suburb called Deedham.  There is one called Needham, and another called Dedham next door, but AFAIK they haven't merged or had a love child.

If the "news outlet" reporting this can't get the town's name right, makes you wonder what other inaccuracies are in the report.
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: December 12, 2022, 07:48:40 PM »

Anything to distract from how corporate profit taking rapes the average worker and consumer.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: December 12, 2022, 08:42:18 PM »

It caused quite a stir.

Really.
Over a Christmas Tree

Worth noting there is no Boston suburb called Deedham.  There is one called Needham, and another called Dedham next door, but AFAIK they haven't merged or had a love child.

If the "news outlet" reporting this can't get the town's name right, makes you wonder what other inaccuracies are in the report.
LOL

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: December 13, 2022, 03:01:53 AM »

Christmas tree.
It's a religious tree and a religious event...the birth of Jesus.
That's why many hate it.
They also hate Nativity scenes and are banning them too.
They hate churches.
They hate Hymns.
They hate Jesus.
They hate Christians.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2022, 04:56:18 AM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: December 13, 2022, 04:57:58 AM »

Just because Ms Sparkle and her husband say something...doesn't mean it's true.
Go woke, go broke.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: December 13, 2022, 10:04:23 AM »

Just because Ms Sparkle and her husband racist jackasses on Youtube and the radio say something...doesn't mean it's true.
FIFY
« Last Edit: December 13, 2022, 10:49:41 AM by Hairy Lime »
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #2200 on: December 13, 2022, 10:04:59 AM »

True. Battle Mountain can be a safe place for those who feel abandoned. I have been writing to Carlos Santana and to all of the old hippies and I have been telling them to open communes in Battle Mountain, Nevada, for the homeless people and for the refugees, etc. There needs to be a safe place where people can just show up on a Greyhound Bus and get a nice hot meal and a job growing food and making cheese, etc, and get a place to live and a community. All of the old hippies need to open communes for the homeless and for the refugees, and Battle Mountain is only $1,000 per acre.

We will see if Carlos Santana and the others read my messages.

Salute,

Tony V.
Go fly a kite, Mr. Dick.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: December 13, 2022, 12:22:20 PM »

Dick = Dickens alter ego.  CD had a quality of humorous self deprecation in his writing. 

Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: December 13, 2022, 01:21:42 PM »

Dick = Dickens alter ego.  CD had a quality of humorous self deprecation in his writing.
Also an alter ego for CD: DC.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: December 13, 2022, 05:32:34 PM »

So Bankman Fried can not testify ( under oath) to Maxine and the gang since the Biden DOJ brought down the hammer of the law.

The dems wallowed in his fraudulent largesse but we will never know the details.

How convenient, er, predictable.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2022, 05:36:30 PM by Espnthree »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: December 13, 2022, 05:56:19 PM »

Republicans wallowed in his largesse. Democrats used it to thwart the forces of evil like the stupidest child your mother ever had for instance.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 571