Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 263160 times)

Espnthree

• View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #4575 on: September 02, 2022, 10:06:04 PM »

I thought I was told this would never happen. . .
  You ignored the Golden Rule ofCollege Football.

Keep saying NEVER until the deal is one no one  can refuse..

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4576 on: September 03, 2022, 11:05:54 AM »

Something about Columbus just flat out screams "boring white rapper" in a jeans jacket.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4577 on: September 03, 2022, 04:43:31 PM »

TWO safeties?
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4578 on: September 03, 2022, 05:22:27 PM »

I thought I was told this would never happen. . .

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/college-football-playoff-expand-12-teams

Meanwhile over at God apostrophe s Conference and the cap household, they are trying to figure out which two teams will not get in.

Money is College Football's God now. Just ask Skippy. And c'mon, I'm thinking 3 teams won't get in. Be real dude.

Georgia is dominating poor, possibly BIG 10errrsumpthin bound, Oregon. Malaki Starks has been impressive, likin this kid a lot. Iowa looked sharp today. Nebraska one of the BIG's acquisitions is slamming North Dakota.

On another note, N.C. State was ranked 13th why?

And Colgate travelled all the way to the left coast? Ya gotta love that.

On a serious note: The Wolverines looked all business today. They'd be a fair to middlin team in the SEC.
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4579 on: September 03, 2022, 05:32:19 PM »

Iowa v SoDa was on at the same time as North Carolina v App State. Hard to believe they were playing the same sport.

Sideline reporter to Smart at the half: how do you plan to keep Nix bottled up in the 2nd half. Steve on his couch: LET HIM BE BO NIX.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4580 on: September 03, 2022, 07:17:09 PM »

Iowa v SoDa was on at the same time as North Carolina v App State. Hard to believe they were playing the same sport.

Sideline reporter to Smart at the half: how do you plan to keep Nix bottled up in the 2nd half. Steve on his couch: LET HIM BE BO NIX.

Georgia's Smart, IMO has reloaded that defense with the aplomb of Saint Saban himself.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4581 on: September 03, 2022, 07:50:00 PM »

I really hate cornerbacks that won't or either can't turn their heads and look for the football. IMO that's one of the top three traits CBs should have or be taught. Backpedal, hipturn, and ball visual acquisition. Yes, crazy fast speed is great. And size is great. Armlength is great. But you can do an awful lot with just those three assets against players with better raw physical traits than you.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4582 on: September 03, 2022, 07:57:21 PM »

Stroud feeling the ND defense out. Not trying to force anything, I like that.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4583 on: September 03, 2022, 08:11:32 PM »

Stroud dialing in. Really like watching this kid. Too bad he's Buckeyed.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #4584 on: September 03, 2022, 11:07:34 PM »

OSU/ND tonight gave us a game that many of us would have liked to have seen had Woody and Ara
ever had the chance.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4585 on: September 04, 2022, 12:07:56 PM »

A bad day for the PAWCP. I think they may already be out of the CFP picture. It looks like Georgia has a better offense than I had supposed. Or Oregon is massively worse. G defense looks like it has not missed a beat, but I wonder. Oregon moved the ball early, until that second Nixterecption. That seems to have taken the heart if them.

The Increasingly Inaccurately Named Big Ten managed some near escapes, and that God Awful excuse for a football game between Iowa and SoDa, relatively intact. Big win for The, but their WR room may be overestimated.  The defense looked great, though, and they have a nice complimentary pair of running backs. Our Lady of the Perpetual Tie looked faster then they have been in the past.

Strange day for North Carolina and State. And Pitt struggled with a so so WVa.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4586 on: September 05, 2022, 11:19:40 AM »

What an absolute dick punch of an ending for LSU. Kelly should have gone for two.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4587 on: September 05, 2022, 08:39:54 PM »

Clemson offense looking bad.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4588 on: September 07, 2022, 01:36:35 PM »

EVENTUAL 2022 2023 NATIONAL CHAMPION MICHIGAN STATE UNIVERSITY 38, Akron 10

Winzawin, as I always say, but I was far from gruntled about how our offense played Saturday. Eventual 2022 Heisman Trophy Winner Payton Thorne looked off, and his connection with Reed just did not seem to be there. Our B and B did manage to run the ball fairly well, though. That said, WMU is a top half of the MAC team, and Akron is, well, not. I would like to see more consistency and accuracy from Thorne. Defensively, looks like the portal players have potential, especially the Wind Man and Bogle. Concerned that there will be no Snow in EL for the rest of the year, but we did look like we had some answers to the disastrous defense of last year.

The 49, Arkansas State 3

I was very impressed with the defense from Our Lady of the Perpetual Tie. They looked fast and well coached. Some of that may have been rust from Stroud. Without Smith Njigba, he just seemed to not be on the same page as the rest of the apparently talented crew. SN has a hammy that will keep him out until they play a team that does not suck, so The has the chance to get the chemistry going with Harrison and Egbuka and the rest before they get to the Increasingly Inappropriately Named Big Ten season. But the encouraging news for The is the way the running game took charge in the second half and just ground down OLotPT. Williams and Henderson make a nice combination that should open up the passing game and allow The to control the lead. Defensively, I am not sure how great OLotPT is on offense, but it sure seems at first blush like The has solved last years biggest issue.

Alabama 49, Texas 17

Look, no one expected USU to contend with Alabama, but it is worth noting they won their conference and beat a PAWCP team in the Jimmy Kimmel Bowl last year. Alabama looked damned impressive eating their cup cake. They are what we thought they were, and look like the best bet to win it all again. Bastards. Texas also ate their cupcake and their The refugee QB handled his debut OK. I just do not think they can hang with an involved and interested Alabama. Saban has lost exactly once to a former coach. Last year, in the CFP championship game to the best defense we have seen in years. So, I am going with involved and interested.

ClemSIN 35, Furman 0

Two things from Monday. ClemSIN has a great defense. And offensively, they need work. The end result looked good, but the running game struggled and Ukulele struggled. I note Miss Kubelik got some real world game time in. I suspect after last year a short leash. Anyway, the Hirsute should not be much of a challenge.

Tennessee 35, Pitt 24

I noted before I expect Tennessee to go 5 and 0 over the first half of the season and get overrated as a result, and I stand by that. Love their offense and Fightin Hendon Hooker. They Balled State up good last week, Pitt struggled running the ball against a not that great Morgantown School of Applied Technology and Slovis was just decent throwing it. There is a reason he is not a Trojan. And a reason he is a starter. He can keep them good, I doubt he can take Pitt to an elite level. Tennessee is suspect defensively though, so could well be more high scoring than I have it here.

Wisconsin 27, Washington State 7

Again, we are dealing with cupcakes here, but Metz was unspectacularly efficient against Ill State, and the Wisky running game was, well, what we generally expect from Wisky. Wazzou, on the other hand, almost lost to its Palousean neighbor cupcake. Wazzou has a defensive front that does present a nice challenge to the Wisky run game, but I think the Wisky will be too strong, and Braelon Allen will continue to demonstrate why Jalen Berger is ours now.

Our Lady of the Perpetual Tie 31, Marshall 10

As I mentioned above, that is a nice looking defense for the Tie Playing For Bastards, at least until The wore them down. They are going to be good. They appeared to have offensive issues, though how much of that will ease when the new QB gains experience, and how much of that was attributable to the The defense remains to be seen. Should not be a problem with Marshall.

the Oklahoma State 37, the Arizona State 10

I really think the end is coming for Herm Edwards. Okie State admittedly struggled defensively; one of the numerous alma maters for my mater actually outgained them. You know, maybe this Knowles guy IS some kind of genius. Anyway, I think their offense with Spencer Sanders can score against the Sun Devils. I read nothing into the ASU chopping down the Lumberjacks.

Methchicken 42, Hawaii 10

McNamara was not impressive. Sure Meatchicken smoked Colorado State like so much Rocky Mounyain trout, but it was not because of that Mc. So, this week it is McCarthy with a chance to claim the job. Harbaugh is treating his cupcakes like the pre season it is. The defense looked very good against CSU, but I do not think we will know how good they are for a couple weeks. Good enough to down Hawaii, though.

Baylor 31, Brigham Young 27

The last of the three ranked teams game. I do not have a read on either team beyond my start of the year views. I like Baylor to win the Pure Prairie League and I think they are a threat for the playoffs. But you learn nothing from playing Albany. You learn a little more from SoFla, I guess, so BYU may have a stout run game. And while Baylor beared down on the oh jesus Great Danes? Really? The dog or my people? You do not learn anything from that game.

Florida 31, Kentucky 28

Well, Florida knocked out one of my pre season playoff teams last week, so some respect. And Richardson looks like a real dual threat. Defensively, they gave up a lot of yards to the Utes, but, and I must stress this, that is a real good offense they faced in game 1. KY jelled late against the lesser of the Miamis. I would have liked better numbers from Jeans Boy against a middling MAC school, but a little rust is expected in game 1. Should be a good game.

University of California * 35, Stanford 17

Is USC the PAWCP last chance to get in the playoffs? Last weeks debacle from Oregon hurts the entire PAWCP in the CFP hunt because it reinforces the negative views of the conference. Utah losing to Florida, maybe less so. But it means that the Marge Genovera is paper thin. USC has a chance because they have that game against OLotPT on the horizon. The three pick 6 against Rice does not mean that they have solved their defense any more than Stanford brushing and spitting out Colgate means that they have improved that much from last years 3 and 9 team. Whatever defense issues they have, though, Caleb Williams can don the cape and he is at home in that offense.

the Pennsylvania State University 35, Ohio but not The Ohio 10

The PSU was better offensively and much worse defensively than I expected them to be. Purdue shredded them through the air, but PSU passed the ball better than I expected from seventh year senior Clifford. The Bobcats are not a challenge.

Iowa 4, the Iowa State 3

Sweet Holy Mary was that an awful game from Iowa last week. Watching even five minutes of it made me want to open a vein.

* Southern

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4589 on: September 10, 2022, 02:32:17 PM »

Boy, Alabama looks really poorly coached today. Time for a change.
Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 329