Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1576 1577 [1578] 1579 1580 ... 2743

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 506483 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #23655 on: February 01, 2022, 12:29:57 PM »

I keep looking at Supreme Courts and I am having trouble seeing the excluded men and the excluded white people. 

Whilst true that these categories can be shallow ones, it's the deeper differences of experience that correlate with those outward appearances that are essential to having a broadly representative court.  And don't forget that part of the experience of being, say, black is in HOW THE LEGAL SYSTEM TREATS YOU and what biases lie therein.  Which, by gosh, might have some bearing on matters of jurisprudence.
It is just a tempest in a right wing teapot. The right has decided there is no political harm in arguing African American women should just know their place and are running with it.
Sam: Those sons of bitches, they got him right through the neck.

Suzy: Was he a good dog?

Sam: Who's to say? But he didn't deserve to die.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #23656 on: February 01, 2022, 12:30:17 PM »

I keep looking at Supreme Courts and I am having trouble seeing the excluded men and the excluded white people. 

Whilst true that these categories can be shallow ones, it's the deeper differences of experience that correlate with those outward appearances that are essential to having a broadly representative court.  And don't forget that part of the experience of being, say, black is in HOW THE LEGAL SYSTEM TREATS YOU and what biases lie therein.  Which, by gosh, might have some bearing on matters of jurisprudence.
If that is the case then limiting the search to campaign pledges results in voters rejecting that approach.
Ask Kamala Harris how that has worked out for her.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23657 on: February 01, 2022, 12:38:38 PM »

Red and Kid want more rats on the Supreme Court. They like cold blooded fascists who will inflict the damage on the people of the United States that they are too cowardly and powerless to inflict on their own.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #23658 on: February 01, 2022, 12:42:11 PM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #23659 on: February 01, 2022, 12:43:38 PM »

If that is the case then limiting the search to campaign pledges results in voters rejecting that approach.

She
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #23660 on: February 01, 2022, 12:44:28 PM »

It is just a tempest in a right wing teapot. The right has decided there is no political harm in arguing African American women should just know their place and are running with it.
LOL!
The Biden track  record on SCOTUS nominations is known for his blatant  hypocrisy.
To wit: Janet Rogers Brown.
She was nominated to the DC Court of Appeals ( a frequent stepping stone to SCOTUS) by George W. Bush in 2003.
She was filibusterd by Biden, Byrd,and Obama , among  others, whose sole purpose was to keep the GOP from having a chance to eventually put her on the Supreme Court.  Brown won confirmation eventually  but only after a two year confirmation process.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #23661 on: February 01, 2022, 12:45:02 PM »

Trump was the 1st POTUS to name a SCOTUS justice in his 1st month.

Because no POTUS was ever blocked from doing so before.

Only the black one.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23662 on: February 01, 2022, 01:01:21 PM »

She was filibusterd by Biden, Byrd,and Obama , among  others, whose sole purpose was to keep the GOP from having a chance to eventually put her on the Supreme Court.  Brown won confirmation eventually  but only after a two year confirmation process.

2 years?

Mon Dieu! 
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23663 on: February 01, 2022, 01:06:41 PM »

Kid wants Biden to put another rapist on the Court. Bart does not have anyone to share his conquests with.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23664 on: February 01, 2022, 01:14:34 PM »

Nope.

I am fine with one of the women mentioned.

I prefer it not be Ifill.

Should I repeat this every hour for you?

- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #23665 on: February 01, 2022, 01:16:17 PM »

Just fine. She got elected, so it does not appear, outside of your right wing rage machine, anyone gave a.fuck about Bidens selection criteria.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2022, 01:21:02 PM by Hairy Lime »

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #23666 on: February 01, 2022, 01:17:50 PM »

LOL!
The Biden track  record on SCOTUS nominations is known for his blatant  hypocrisy.
She was nominated to the DC Court of Appeals ( a frequent stepping stone to SCOTUS) by George W. Bush in 2003.
And? Because Biden participated in a filibuster he is a hypocritr because... reasons? The right wing rage machine spins on.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #23667 on: February 01, 2022, 01:20:06 PM »

2 years?

Mon Dieu!
Well, McConnell was filibusfering every Court nominee until the filibuster rule was reformed. So, good that this sort of gamesmanship is gone for Court appointments. It should be gone for.everything.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #23668 on: February 01, 2022, 01:35:46 PM »

LOL!
And? Because Biden participated in a filibuster he is a hypocritr because... reasons? The right wing rage machine spins on.
You seem to be spinning your wheels.
Biden only had one reason to filibuster.  To keep the GOP of being in  position to appoint at black woman to SCOTUS.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #23669 on: February 01, 2022, 01:38:16 PM »

Just fine. She got elected, so it does not appear, outside of your right wing rage machine, anyone gave a.fuck about Bidens selection criteria.
Well No voter had a choice. Harris came in a package. You want to review her poll numbers today?
Pages: 1 ... 1576 1577 [1578] 1579 1580 ... 2743