Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1272 1273 [1274] 1275 1276 ... 1849

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 924688 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #19095 on: June 03, 2021, 02:14:40 AM »

We never should have let Thibs go join Doc’s bench. It’s a long and winding road.

How much do the Celts have already committed in salary next year?
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #19096 on: June 03, 2021, 02:20:09 AM »

It’s going to be easy rooting for the Sixers & Bucks going forward this postseason.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19097 on: June 03, 2021, 07:04:44 AM »

Knicks SPIT the bit.

They had high expectoration. Their fans were salivating with anticipation of a playoff advance.

Now, they have to swallow defeat.

Told you the fans would cost them the series.

Heh

Not Trae and Capella?

You are a moron sniffing your own farts  and depicting them as French perfume.

You are a humorless twit.

Wow, what a comeback.

You are a dickless dwarf and a feral sneering midget.

The better team won, genius.

Return to the Rock you crawled out from under.

Thanks for proving my point, loser.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #19098 on: June 03, 2021, 07:28:52 AM »

Stay home, dick bagger. What is it? Your momma won’t beat you anymore so now you have to go out looking for it?

Wash behind your ears for fucks sake. Jesus is watching you. He says you’re a poltroon.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19099 on: June 03, 2021, 08:27:00 AM »

But you guys had a season which holds a lot of promise for the future

Lots of fucking questions

But hey, we have a coach.

Brad's gonna have a helluva time finding someone who wants that job.

Sam Cassell seems to be the current favorite

Tatum prefers...

EVAN TURNER

Interesting.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

chipstern

• View Profile
Poltroon
« Reply #19100 on: June 03, 2021, 10:38:40 AM »

Word, Facil.

Art imitating life?

Or

Fart emulating  strife.

A poltroon?

Verily, a mountebank. 

« Last Edit: June 03, 2021, 10:44:51 AM by chipstern »

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #19101 on: June 03, 2021, 10:57:54 AM »

It’s going to be easy rooting for the Sixers & Bucks going forward this postseason.

Lakers and 76ers lead my NBA hate list, so the Under-Hawks and Bucks are my easy team to root for in the East.

Bucks-Nets should be a great series.

As to the Celts salary cap issues, they are well over the cap, but IMO the real issue for Brad is how to deal with Kemba and his contract for the next 2 years (owed about $75 M) and whether he's tradeable or how much it will cost to trade him.

I think a lot of other moves (Smart, Fournier, draft, FA) may depend on his assessment of Kemba.

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #19102 on: June 03, 2021, 12:39:32 PM »

Lakers and 76ers lead my NBA hate list, so the Under-Hawks and Bucks are my easy team to root for in the East.

Bucks-Nets should be a great series.

As to the Celts salary cap issues, they are well over the cap, but IMO the real issue for Brad is how to deal with Kemba and his contract for the next 2 years (owed about $75 M) and whether he's tradeable or how much it will cost to trade him.

I think a lot of other moves (Smart, Fournier, draft, FA) may depend on his assessment of Kemba.

Ainge has stockpiled a fair number of second round picks over the next few years, but the torrent of #1 picks has run dry, save for their own. 

Stevens has his work cut out for him if he is looking to offload Kemba. 

What incentive could the Celtics proffer to get someone to absorb a $36 & $37 million cap hit over the next two seasons? 

Not much flex. 

Kemba played 43 out of 72 games this season.  Effective when he was on the floor. 

Our Knicks need to look long and hard at how they disburse their cap space. 

I mean, I LOVE Kyle Lowry, but those campaigning for us to sign him, as if that is the one player who could put us over the top?

Still an effective defender, shooter and facilitator, but he logged 46 games out of 72 this season, and turned 35 in March. 

We need to be very cautious and prudent. 

We could sure use shooting.

Hey, maybe we could make a run at Timmy Hardaway.  Thrice the charm.  Heh [isn't that what all the kids are saying?]

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #19103 on: June 03, 2021, 01:04:34 PM »

What incentive could the Celtics proffer to get someone to absorb a $36 & $37 million cap hit over the next two seasons? 

Trade bad contract for bad contract, or staple a young recent #1 (they have a few of those) and/or a future #1 to move Kemba, as it seems improbable that Kemba's knees are going to get better.

Brad has to figure the math, and it might not figure, so he might stay a Celt for 2 more years.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19104 on: June 03, 2021, 01:18:03 PM »

Some chatter that a

Horford to Celts

Kemba + to Thunder

May be doable

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19105 on: June 03, 2021, 01:20:08 PM »

I mean, I LOVE Kyle Lowry, but those campaigning for us to sign him, as if that is the one player who could put us over the top?

Heh

Heeeeeeere we goooooo...

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19106 on: June 03, 2021, 01:23:31 PM »

Hey, maybe we could make a run at Timmy Hardaway.  Thrice the charm.  Heh [isn't that what all the kids are saying?]

Doubt very much he leaves Dallas

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19107 on: June 03, 2021, 01:34:38 PM »

Knicks SPIT the bit.

They had high expectoration. Their fans were salivating with anticipation of a playoff advance.

Now, they have to swallow defeat.

Told you the fans would cost them the series.

Heh

Not Trae and Capella?

You are a moron sniffing your own farts  and depicting them as French perfume.

You are a humorless twit.

Wow, what a comeback.

You are a dickless dwarf and a feral sneering midget.

The better team won, genius.

Return to the Rock you crawled out from under.

The team that PLAYED better won - as WE did in 10 of 11 prior playoff games vs Hawks and all three reg season games vs that team this year.

To dismiss this as "we are not as good as them" is foolishness
« Last Edit: June 03, 2021, 01:36:12 PM by kidcarter8 »

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #19108 on: June 03, 2021, 01:36:46 PM »

Some chatter that a

Horford to Celts

Kemba + to Thunder

May be doable

I've seen that one kicked around and it passes the trade machine and it might be doable, depending what OKC wants as a kicker.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks Fans Cost Their Team, As Predicted
« Reply #19109 on: June 03, 2021, 04:02:55 PM »

The Knicks will lose this series. And the fans will be to blame.

In the final minute of Game 5, Young sized up Knicks forward Reggie Bullock, waved off his teammate John Collins and went to work. The shot clock ticked down, and Young took a few dribbles to his left. One in-between-the-legs move later, he lifted from 30 feet away and hit a 3-pointer to quiet the crowd.

As soon as the shot went in, Young took a bow at center court and waved goodbye to the crowd that had taunted him throughout this Eastern Conference first-round playoff series.

"I know where we are. I know it's a bunch of shows around this city," Young said of the bow after the Hawks' 103-89 victory. "And I know what they do when the show is over."

It was Young who got the last laugh on Wednesday, as the Hawks eliminated the Knicks in five games. The series started with Knicks fans chanting "F--- Trae Young," and one fan even spit on Young during Game 2.

But when all was said and done, Young and the Hawks moved on to the second round, and Young cemented his status as a Madison Square Garden villain.

"It feels good," Young said. "Like I said since the beginning of the season, I feel like I've worked my whole life for this moment, to play in the playoffs on the biggest stage. I put in a lot of work. A lot of the guys who have been here have done the same. It feels good to win it. It feels good to win the series. Now, we get to focus on the second round."

Young explained it would have been a sweet victory whether the Hawks prevailed at home or on the road but that winning in New York City -- "with all the fans still chanting the same stuff" -- felt good too.

Collins, who has been Young's teammate for three seasons with Atlanta, said Young feeds off the trash talk from the crowd.

"Trae loves this stuff," Collins said. "He's in the gym grinding.  You see him pandering and playing to the crowd. Certain guys get motivated and find their reason and extra motivation to play based off the crowd. The crowd does give you energy.

"Trae loves to use that negative energy and use it as fuel for him. For whatever fans who want to keep antagonizing that man, please go right ahead. It's not gonna bother him, and we got his back, as well."

Young backed up his talk with his play. He finished with 36 points and nine assists in Game 5, and he averaged 29.2 points and 9.8 assists per game for the series. He also hit the winner in Game 1 to get the series started.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/31557376/trae-young-takes-bow-atlanta-hawks-finish-new-york-knicks-know-do-show-over
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.
Pages: 1 ... 1272 1273 [1274] 1275 1276 ... 1849