Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 2724

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 501344 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #570 on: January 29, 2021, 01:03:28 AM »

Bambi, I’m glad you found someone to fill that Megan Kelly sized hole in your heart. Your attention to neither does much to improve the quality of your conversation.

LOL
My heart is fine, well...got no love hole in it.

I like them for their minds and opinions.
I must search where Michelle Malkin got to.
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #571 on: January 29, 2021, 01:11:41 AM »

NT = Northern Territory Australia

Media today:  NT To Build World's Largest Solar Farm
Go woke, go broke.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #572 on: January 29, 2021, 01:38:25 AM »

About time:

The $22 billion Australia-ASEAN Power Link plans to produce 10 gigawatts of electricity - enough to power about three million homes - with most to be exported to Singapore on the world's longest submarine power cable.

The project is due for completion in 2027 and is likely to create about 1850 jobs and $8 billion dollars invested in the NT.

Yesterday in my post on solar in AUS I was going to suggest that Northern OZ could build a giant solar farm and send much of the electricity to Indonesia.  But I wasn't sure how feasible that was.  This project seems to think it's doable (and all the way to Singapore).   If it can reach Singapore, than it could reach Hong Kong and booming southern China. 

Australia could/should turn itself into a giant solar panel for much of Asia.  You want to have regional prestige and relevance, try doing something beneficial.  Make money, help the environment and have some sway over countries relying on your electricity supply. 
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #574 on: January 29, 2021, 01:57:47 AM »

On my tv news just now:

"GM plans to exclusively offer electric vehicles by 2035, ending production of its cars, trucks and SUVs with diesel and gasoline-powered engines."
cnbc.com
Go woke, go broke.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: January 29, 2021, 02:20:07 AM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: January 29, 2021, 02:21:50 AM »

« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 02:39:37 AM by josh »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: January 29, 2021, 09:36:18 AM »

I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: January 29, 2021, 09:50:57 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/29/us/louisville-police-department-report/index.html

Changes in the Louisville police dept. are coming, on top of those already made.

They won't bring Breonna Taylor back, but perhaps they will prevent another such incident from occurring, as well as many other types that we have seen around the country.

We can only hope.

barton

« Reply #580 on: January 29, 2021, 10:10:57 AM »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: January 29, 2021, 10:30:46 AM »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: January 29, 2021, 10:58:19 AM »

https://www.nbcboston.com/news/coronavirus/nhs-covid-vaccine-rollout-leaves-some-residents-pleasantly-surprised/2288328/

Governor Sununu's team is doing a fantastic job in New Hampshire.

I wish Governor Baker's team were doing nearly so well. He's pleading for patience.

Sununu's been out-performing Baker from the outset of the pandemic. When you consider how close so much of the NH population is to MA and that 30k NH residents commuted to work in MA and 100k MA residents commuted to work in NH, that the numbers between the two states are so different is amazing.

I'm not generally a fan of Governor Sununu, but he's earned praise for this.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #583 on: January 29, 2021, 11:23:15 AM »

I must search where Michelle Malkin got to.

NEWSMAX

- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: January 29, 2021, 01:02:11 PM »

She found somewhere to pursue prostitution in a news like environment. Sounds right.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 2724