Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 414 415 [416] 417 418 ... 568

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119794 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #6225 on: November 01, 2023, 03:56:50 PM »

But make sure to have your guns cocked and ready to fire at a kid who rings your door bell.

With the world such a scary place, how do you get out of bed in the morning?

Nah.
The lights would be out, and the doorbell 'not working'.
Don't believe in Halloween?   protest.

Bet the loved ones of the shooting victims/other victims wish the victims had stayed home in the dark, ...and they'd never heard of Halloween.

"Child attacked by dog in north Spokane Halloween night."

"More American child pedestrians die on Halloween from cars than any other day of the year."

Public Health: "Eye injuries from flying eggs".

. Unsafe costumes.
. Distracted drivers
. Demon allergies
. Trick ot trip
. Fire hazards
. Pumpkin carving, many knife injuries
. Falling off ladders
. Electrical hazards
. Pokes in the eye
. Cheap costume contact lenses that could contain chlorine, iron, and other harmful chemicals - American Academy of Opthalmology.
. There goes the dental work...American Dental Association- "Be picky if it's sticky".
Sticky pulling out fillings and crowns, and with braces, what a mess.
. Face paint, reactions with skin.

Halloween.......baaaah!
I object!

« Last Edit: November 01, 2023, 04:14:44 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #6226 on: November 01, 2023, 04:18:12 PM »

That actually doesn't answer my question.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #6227 on: November 01, 2023, 05:48:29 PM »

That actually doesn't answer my question.

One man allegedly put a gun to the face of a 6 yr old boy who dropped off a bag of Halloween goodies to the wrong address.

That would not be me.
I would do nothing, or from behind my heavy metal mesh security door I would've told the boy he had the wrong house.
Go woke, go broke.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #6228 on: November 01, 2023, 05:51:58 PM »

Still does not answer my question.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2023, 06:26:51 PM by Yankguy1 »
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #6229 on: November 01, 2023, 06:25:00 PM »

Still doesn

The world is a scary place...totally scary.
Wars, fires, floods, starvation, hime invasions, murders, muggings, thieves, diseases, vehicle accidents, everywhere.

Mommy dearest told me not to worry. that..."when your number's up, your number's up."
I believe that...but also that we should do everything in our power to keep ourselves and ours safe from harm...and safe from harming others.

I happily get out of bed every morning, ready to live every day as if it could be my last.
Go woke, go broke.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #6230 on: November 01, 2023, 06:28:13 PM »

The world is a beautiful place where sometimes bad things or bad people happen.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #6231 on: November 01, 2023, 07:07:15 PM »

Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #6232 on: November 01, 2023, 07:28:14 PM »

Demon allergies

???

I'm guessing peanut etc allergies that can be fatal.
'Scorched Peanut Bars' for example, (mrs bambu's favourite), could make their way to an allergic child's mouth on Halloween night, and get missed in all the excitement.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2023, 02:09:39 AM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #6233 on: November 01, 2023, 08:24:29 PM »

Bolivia has broken off diplomatic relations with Israel.
Just one in a long list of countries now lining up to 'bash' Israel.

Pity they all, including the Arab nations...hadn't been/aren't lining up to literally bash Hamas, Hezbollah, and their funder/s.
Had they, things could well be a lot different in Gaza/Israel/the region today.
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #6234 on: November 02, 2023, 02:07:45 AM »

Meanwhile, in the 'global village', this time in North Carolina;

On a basketball court at Winston-Salem Christian School, DeJohn (DJ) Blunt hit the floor.

"It was utter chaos - everyone was there running around with their heads in their hands...consoling one another".
"One of my friends ran in ... he's just beside himself crying, sobbing. And he's like, 'James, James, he's dead. We don't know what to do".

As luck would have it, CPR and first aid trained at school fellow students James Downie [Australia] and Szymon Koszyca [Poland] were around.

James Downie; " My first diagnosis was that he'd probably has a seizure because he was vomiting - he also had a locked jaw and there was bit of blood on the floor because he smacked his head."

"I brought him back after about one and a half rounds of chest compressions and mouth-to-mouth. That was a massive relief" he said.

"On the second round of mouth to mouth, he pushed the air back into me [and] I realised, 'oh he's back'" he said.

"I was telling (DJ), 'I'm going to get you through this, you're going to see your family again, you're going to see your mum again.'"

Paramedics arrived just as Mr Blunt regained consciousness for a third time.

Polish student and basketball player Szymon Koszyca started the chest compressions while Mr Downie sought a teacher' help.

"In Poland, every kid at every school has lessons in CPR so I think it should be an international thing", Mr Koszyca said.

Mr Blunt, who had suffered a heart attack linked to an undiagnosed heart condition, was visited by his lifesavers in hospital one week later.
Nice photo.

Mr Downie said he spoke with Winston-Salem Christian School principal Bryan Wolf as he drove him to the hospital visit.
"I suggested to him that we should put up CPR posters and have a mandatory CPR class" he said.
He agreed straight away.

amp dot abc dot net dot au / article / 103048272
« Last Edit: November 02, 2023, 02:22:50 AM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #6235 on: November 02, 2023, 12:56:49 PM »

Demon allergies

???

I'm guessing peanut etc allergies that can be fatal.
'Scorched Peanut Bars' for example, (mrs bambu's favourite), could make their way to an allergic child's mouth on Halloween night, and get missed in all the excitement.

Well that's sort of a relief.  I was concerned that children had become allergic to Azazel and Belphegor.
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #6236 on: November 02, 2023, 03:01:06 PM »

There are good and bad places and good and bad people.

Places like Malibu tend to be nicer because people had to work hard and study in order to be able to afford to live there, and you have to have a clean record and a good job.

And in Battle Mountain, Nevada, there are good and bad people, but the town is small, with a population of only 5,000 people, so everyone knows everyone. To put that in perspective, when I worked at Universal Studios here in Hollywood we used to have 25,000 guests per day, so we had 5 times as many guests per day at Universal than the whole population of Battle Mountain.

But, San Bernardino is bad, dirty, and dangerous. San Bernardino has the highest crime rate in California. My Mother was born in San Bernardino, and San Bernardino was great in the 1950s, but then San Bernardino went downhill, and now San Bernardino is a ghetto with the highest crime in California. We need to work together with the California State University in San Bernardino to improve the situation in San Bernardino. And the most powerful politician in the area is Sabrina Cervantes.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2023, 03:03:57 PM by FlyingVProd »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #6237 on: November 02, 2023, 04:58:48 PM »

Average life span in America is 79.
With mid-life being age 39.
Yes, 40 is the new age given to 'old' today...universally.

On my radio yesterday, when no 1 morning (9am till noon) host was interviewing the Police Commissioner, "abuse of elderly parents by their children" was detailed.
Children angry that they now have to wait longer for their inheritances than in times past as parents are on average till 80 for men and 83 for women.
Used to get said inheritances when they were 50, but now have to wait until 60plus.
Not all children, but enough to make it a thing, and be causing a problem for police numbers.
Financial abuse, etc.
Go woke, go broke.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #6238 on: November 02, 2023, 05:19:00 PM »

I love my Mother, I lost my father when I was 9 years old, and so my Mother was on her own with 3 children, it was hard, but she loved us and she did her best. It is hard watching her get old, she is a wonderful person who lives in a world that does not exist anymore. For Halloween she bought candy and she was all excited to pass candy out to the children and to see their costumes, and no children came. I cried for her. She lives in a kind and loving world that is gone now. Luckily she has a good strong husband to protect her now, she is doing okay.

I hope my Mother lives forever.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #6239 on: November 02, 2023, 05:21:50 PM »

When I visit New York, then it would be nice to see Broadway, the Metropolitan Opera, and it might be nice to visit a famous club in Harlem to enjoy some jazz, etc. I do not like rap, but I love jazz. The first person who I drove as a Limousine Driver was Herbie Hancock, Herbie is great, and we had art work that was done by Miles Davis on the walls of our home in Malibu, the owner of the house was the ex wife of his doctor. Jazz is great. We will see, I will make it to visit New York eventually.

I am not afraid to travel. And someday I hope to have a good wife who loves to travel.

Salute,

Tony V.
Pages: 1 ... 414 415 [416] 417 418 ... 568