Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1542 1543 [1544] 1545 1546 ... 2742

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 506314 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #23145 on: January 14, 2022, 07:49:42 PM »

141 people were shot and killed accidentally by children last year in America.
The other day on my tv this was stated in the news clip from America showing the introduction of smart guns.
Americans were demonstrating the smart guns, showing how only the person the gun is set up for with finger print  safety can fire them.
Also how children cannot use them.
They are not being made mandatory.
Comparison is the thief of joy.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #23146 on: January 14, 2022, 08:31:47 PM »

Red is obsessed with a speech, while the issues of substance go unremarked.

Hardly.
The dems are not about to jettison the filibuster over a proposed law that is not only unconstitutional but was poisoned by the intemperate speech on Tuesday by President Biden.
That is the substance you ignore.
Quit your ignorant bloviating. Biden's speech did not dissuade a single senator from voting for filibuster reform. It is like your obsession with Clinton's equally accurate description of half of Trump

Which half of Trump did she describe?  Top and bottom are so similar...
She?

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #23148 on: January 15, 2022, 01:41:35 AM »

MLK Jr. said I had hoped that the white moderate would understand that law and order exist for the purpose of establishing justice, and that when they fail in this purpose they become the dangerously structured dams that block the flow of social progress.

This Is a Subtweet

Hillary Clinton 1/14/2022
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Holly Martins

« Reply #23149 on: January 15, 2022, 09:40:49 AM »

Red is obsessed with a speech, while the issues of substance go unremarked.

Hardly.
The dems are not about to jettison the filibuster over a proposed law that is not only unconstitutional but was poisoned by the intemperate speech on Tuesday by President Biden.
That is the substance you ignore.
Quit your ignorant bloviating. Biden's speech did not dissuade a single senator from voting for filibuster reform. It is like your obsession with Clinton's equally accurate description of half of Trump

Which half of Trump did she describe?  Top and bottom are so similar...
She?

Hillary is female and still goes with the old school pronouns.

Lime got apostrophed, was typing "half of Trump s supporters" I cwould guess.

Holly Martins

« Reply #23150 on: January 15, 2022, 09:48:56 AM »

Spouse had never seen Mr Smith Goes, so we watched last night.  So timely.

I don't think the Senate has ever had a Joseph Payne moment (I'm not fit to be a Senator!  I'm not fit to live!), but I can think of a few who are long overdue for one.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23151 on: January 15, 2022, 10:47:15 AM »

Sinema torpedoing voting reform just underscores how fake her principles are.  She babbles on about "listening," but does precious little herself when it comes to the people who voted for her.  Or to colleagues who try to explain why ten GOPs who might sign onto to ANY democratic bill is a myth.  Watch her get primaried out by a progressive, thus handing the seat back to a Republican in the general.

Bill has to be amended

Who will be the voice of reason in your party - to propose  to take what is being offered - as a win - rather than have the LOSS in trying to bite off too much?

Or was I right - is the loss at this point fine for the Democratic party in that they can use it to demonize the opposition further and take back control including keeping the White House in '24?
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23152 on: January 15, 2022, 10:59:49 AM »

MLK Jr. said I had hoped that the white moderate would understand that law and order exist for the purpose of establishing justice, and that when they fail in this purpose they become the dangerously structured dams that block the flow of social progress.

This Is a Subtweet

Definition of "justice" so often skewed.

2022 definition in some cities seems to be to allow criminality to run amok.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #23153 on: January 15, 2022, 12:04:32 PM »

Spouse had never seen Mr Smith Goes, so we watched last night.  So timely.

I don't think the Senate has ever had a Joseph Payne moment (I'm not fit to be a Senator!  I'm not fit to live!), but I can think of a few who are long overdue for one.
If the democrats were smart Kamala Harris would resign as Veep and clear the way to name Joe Manchin as acting President of the Senate. Manchin and the GOP could then fashion coalitions to actually develop meaningful legislation.
Biden and Schumer are too busy trying to save their legacies by mediating intra  party cat fights than pay attention to what voters want.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #23154 on: January 15, 2022, 12:36:45 PM »

This Is a Subtweet

Definition of "justice" so often skewed.

2022 definition in some cities seems to be to allow criminality to run amok.

Allowing criminality to run amok is the entirety of the republican platform, unchanged since at least 2016.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23155 on: January 15, 2022, 01:03:00 PM »

- to propose  to take what is being offered

Nothing real is being offered.

The goal posts have been moving constantly.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23156 on: January 15, 2022, 01:52:08 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #23157 on: January 15, 2022, 02:04:05 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/14/media/oan-directv/index.html

Direct TV is dropping OAN.

They are trying to put distance between themselves and the ongoing seditious conspiracy

Richard P. Feynman

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #23158 on: January 15, 2022, 02:36:14 PM »

- to propose  to take what is being offered

The goal posts have been moving constantly.
Moved by the dems.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #23159 on: January 15, 2022, 03:36:01 PM »

Matzerath (REDSTATEWARD) simply lacked judgment even though he always thought highly of himself
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 1542 1543 [1544] 1545 1546 ... 2742