Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 4258 4259 [4260] 4261 4262 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1621771 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #63885 on: January 20, 2021, 01:12:49 PM »

Fac

You embody what you pretend to be against

You are incapable of being inclusive, sadly.

I’m bigoted against insurrectionists, fascists, thugs, and creeps.

If we’re going to develop that close warm bond Uno wishes for us, you are going to have to pick yourself up and remove yourself from all four of those categories.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #63886 on: January 20, 2021, 01:14:08 PM »

Only 49 Democrats in the Senate

You'll be right on the days when Kamala is presiding.

But actually there will be 48 Democratic senators and 2 Independents: Sanders and Angus King of Maine.  Both caucus with the Democrats.  So the Democratic caucus has 50 senators.

yep

thanks
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #63887 on: January 20, 2021, 01:17:56 PM »

We need to teach our young people how to achieve the American Dream...

When I worked for Clark and White Landscaping in Santa Monica, we did landscaping in Beverly Hills and in West Los Angeles, etc, and we worked on some beautiful yards for some beautiful homes. The thing that amazed me was that many of the homeowners were young people. They were young and rich with beautiful homes. There are people who are succeeding and who are achieving the American Dream, as a nation we need to teach our people how to succeed, we need to teach the young poor people how to achieve success so that if people are honest, and if people work hard, then they have a chance at living the American Dream. Beverly Hills has beautiful homes, and people are succeeding and they are buying the homes in Beverly Hills, and the USA is the land of opportunity and people need to learn how to succeed, the young successful people in Beverly Hills need to teach everyone else how to succeed like they did. People are succeeding, and other people can succeed too. 

Salute,

Tony V.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #63888 on: January 20, 2021, 01:20:27 PM »

Only 49 Democrats in the Senate

Kid is holding out hope that Machiavellian Mitch bribes Bernie and Angus to caucus with Repubs, and Mitch retains his preferred position squatting on the Senate toilet seat wiping his ass with Biden bills.

kid loves democracy!

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #63889 on: January 20, 2021, 01:23:41 PM »

Trump did many good things in his 4 years.

So many that you couldn't name one.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #63890 on: January 20, 2021, 01:24:12 PM »

"There's a plant, a Pfizer plant, six hours in Kalamazoo, Michigan, with the Americans," Ford said. "My American friends help us out, we need help once again as we did with the PPE. You have a new President, no more excuses we need your support, and we look forward to your support and that's a direct message to President (Joe) Biden, 'help out your neighbor.'"

Ford made a direct plea to President-elect Joe Biden for a million vaccines for Canada.

The incoming Biden administration is unlikely to release vaccine doses for export in the short term as Biden transition officials have stated they are uncertain of the current supply of vaccines available in the US.

No.  The crisis is worse here.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63891 on: January 20, 2021, 01:26:19 PM »

Fac

If we’re going to develop that close warm bond Uno wishes for us, you are going to have to pick yourself up and remove yourself from all four of those categories.

"And so today, at this time, in this place, let’s start afresh, all of us.  Let’s begin to listen to one another again, hear one another, see one another, show respect to one another.  Politics doesn’t have to be a raging fire destroying everything in its path. 

Every disagreement doesn’t have to be a cause for total war.  And we must reject the culture in which facts themselves are manipulated and even manufactured."  ---President Biden

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #63892 on: January 20, 2021, 01:26:33 PM »

Excellent president.

You sound like a proud boy.

Also, you sound like Trump himself, the bullshitter in chief.

Trump will almost certainly occupy the lower ranks of presidents, and very likely be considered the worst ever.  The refusal to concede defeat and pushing things into political violence ensured that.  Though I and many others would argue he was the worst prior to the election he lost.  400K dead Americans would likely agree, if there had been a competent president and half or more of them would still be alive.  But he was thoroughly dishonest from the first to last day on office, exceedingly unpresidential, promoted chaos, was an inept manager, hired incompetents many of whom he fired and disparaged, was tremendously divisive, made America openly racist again, tried to end Obamacare, favored dictators over allies, etc. 
Good riddance.  Too bad the Virus spared him.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #63893 on: January 20, 2021, 01:28:34 PM »

Ten minutes left to nuke the Ayatollahs.

Rooting for Nuclear war and the deaths of hundreds of thousands of innocents??  Shame on you.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63894 on: January 20, 2021, 01:42:08 PM »

Fac

See my comment to Ham about signs.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #63895 on: January 20, 2021, 01:46:24 PM »

I thought you were done talking about Trump.

Peace, pal

Gotta let you go now permanently, as your offerings continue to wither

Enjoy the day.
Heh.  I'm enjoying it.  Even as my offerings wither.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63896 on: January 20, 2021, 01:49:48 PM »

I thought you were done talking about Trump.

Peace, pal

Gotta let you go now permanently, as your offerings continue to wither

Enjoy the day.
Heh.  I'm enjoying it.  Even as my offerings wither.

I thought Kid's post to you was a charming piece, in keeping with his complaint that Fac won't be inclusive.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #63897 on: January 20, 2021, 01:51:26 PM »

Well, Bo - there are a small percentage of Democrats that will give Trump his due on at least some of what he accomplished.

I don't see any here.  And that's OK. 

It's Joe's ball now.  I think he truly  believes and intends to embody what he says of UNITY, though  his party mates will act differently much of the time - and Joe will at times slip mid speech, as they are of course not always his words and must represent PARTY strongly.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63898 on: January 20, 2021, 01:55:59 PM »

Fac

"And so today, at this time, in this place, let’s start afresh, all of us.  Let’s begin to listen to one another again, hear one another, see one another, show respect to one another.  Politics doesn’t have to be a raging fire destroying everything in its path. 

Every disagreement doesn’t have to be a cause for total war.  And we must reject the culture in which facts themselves are manipulated and even manufactured."  ---President Biden

I know. Getting in on Kid this morning for his DTs causing his unavoidable flobee mishaps and his persistent inability to string words together in any way that makes even the slightest sense went against the spirit of unity and cooperation spreading magically throughout the land and warming all hearts.

Rejecting the culture in which facts themselves are manipulated and even manufactured means following the facts all the way to justice under the law. It’s not a get out of jail free card for criminals who stand against the constitution.

We need a thorough investigation of the republican terror cartel and its vigorous crime spree of the last four years. We need to repair harms and punish perpetrators and prevent the deep perversions of this group from taking new root anywhere.

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #63899 on: January 20, 2021, 01:58:12 PM »

I'm rereading all of Kid's posts from 2017 in which he gave "Mr. Obama" "his due" for "at least some of what he accomplished."

There are so many of such posts.  Actually, there aren't.

Now Kiid's gonna post some tripe like "well even though Mr. Obama is a black guy, I respect him.  Sort of."
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar
Pages: 1 ... 4258 4259 [4260] 4261 4262 ... 4288