Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 52

Author Topic: Movies  (Read 44913 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Movies
« Reply #450 on: July 12, 2022, 08:26:55 PM »

Stone is a fraud. Always has been.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #451 on: July 20, 2022, 01:53:11 PM »

Rob Zombie

1 hour

How the hell did everyone get the idea that The Munsters cost 40 million dollars? Fuck, I wish I had that kind of budget.

To put a little perspective on it all if you add up the budgets of Halloween 2, The Lords of Salem, 31, 3 From Hell and The Munsters all together it wouldn't even add up to 30 million.

Also the movie was never going to theaters or Peacock or Paramount. It was always being made for Netflix which is fine since it is the largest of the streaming services. This was done way before I ever got involved in the project. I have no control or say over this type of stuff. This is a Universal deal.

But the internet loves to invent rumors which somehow turns to facts so the fans can get all bent out of shape.

None of this actually matters but thought you might like the real story.

RZ

----------

Rob Zombie is great, he has done a lot with the opportunities that he was given. And he truly loves the business of making movies.

I look forward to watching the "Munsters" when it comes out.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2022, 02:03:04 PM by FlyingVProd »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #452 on: July 25, 2022, 03:13:27 PM »

Rest in peace to Paul Sorvino, he was a good actor, and he was one of the few actors to attend the Anaheim Film Festival back in 2010, which was our only film festival, we were hoping to make the film festival an annual event but it did not happen, hopefully in the future an annual film festival can be established here.

Salute,

Tony V.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: July 25, 2022, 03:57:25 PM »

Also David.Warner who according to my less than conclusive research is the only person to drown on the Titanic twice.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #454 on: July 25, 2022, 04:09:51 PM »

Also also Five East Pieces director and Monkees co-creator.Bob Rafelson is off to the great diner in the sky where they are happy to substitute toast.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

NotYourAverageSockPuppet

• View Profile
« Reply #455 on: July 25, 2022, 08:22:46 PM »

And lost his head (The Omen).
« Last Edit: July 25, 2022, 08:25:57 PM by NotYourAverageSockPuppet »

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #456 on: July 26, 2022, 01:01:53 PM »

Versatile actor, and had lots of "evil" roles.  I remember the plate glass mishap in The Omen, but I somehow had Warner confused with the guy who ended up being pierced by a lightning rod that was knocked off a church spire.  The skewered one was a priest.  The lopped one, Warner, was a photographer.  The pretty one was dropped on a wrought iron fence by an evil nanny, or something like that.  IIRC, the Omen franchise followed a basic rule:  when the sequels decline far enough in quality, you hire Sam Neill for a starring role.  No, that's not quite fair - Neill was in The Piano, and it had no sequel. 

Not sure how Warner died twice on Titanic.  Would be interest on how that research pans out. 
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #457 on: July 26, 2022, 01:58:15 PM »

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/S.O.S._Titanic

Having never seen it (or met anyone who has) I can only assume from the plot description he drowns. It seems the type of movie where "two teachers start a shipboard romance" is going to end badly.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: July 26, 2022, 10:24:47 PM »

Versatile actor, and had lots of "evil" roles.  I remember the plate glass mishap in The Omen, but I somehow had Warner confused with the guy who ended up being pierced by a lightning rod that was knocked off a church spire.  The skewered one was a priest.  The lopped one, Warner, was a photographer.  The pretty one was dropped on a wrought iron fence by an evil nanny, or something like that.  IIRC, the Omen franchise followed a basic rule:  when the sequels decline far enough in quality, you hire Sam Neill for a starring role.  No, that's not quite fair - Neill was in The Piano, and it had no sequel. 

Not sure how Warner died twice on Titanic.  Would be interest on how that research pans out.

S.O.S. Titanic in 1979.

Then the more famous movie, almost two decades later.

Mind you, compared to Bernard Fox, that was almost the same year.

Fox was in A Night to Remember and then in Titanic, almost 40 years later!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

NotYourAverageSockPuppet

• View Profile
« Reply #459 on: July 28, 2022, 08:23:41 AM »

Versatile actor, and had lots of "evil" roles.  I remember the plate glass mishap in The Omen, but I somehow had Warner confused with the guy who ended up being pierced by a lightning rod that was knocked off a church spire.  The skewered one was a priest.  The lopped one, Warner, was a photographer.  The pretty one was dropped on a wrought iron fence by an evil nanny, or something like that.

Always a classic, the nanny calls out "Damien! Look, Damien -- it's all for you" (but don't quote me, I'm paraphrasing) before jumping off the window ledge and hanging herself while the over-the-top birthday party is going on below.  Though he was definitely not a hottie -- I was a teen at the time, so  shallowness -- I was struck by Warner's work in The Omen and really enjoyed him. Definitely one of the character actors deserving of a TMC featurette of 3-4 films.

I highly recommend, if even just for the trippy factor, catching the 1968 A Midsummer Night's Dream featuring Warner, Ians Holm and Richardson, and Dames Diana Rigg, Judi Dench, and Helen Mirren -- all very young and often scantily clad. Bonus: green body paint for all.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #460 on: July 28, 2022, 11:14:17 AM »

I too was struggling to recall who was skewered, lopped, dropped, dangled.  I remembered dropped because if you kill off Lee Remick I take that very seriously.  Especially after her performance in Anatomy of a Murder.  The Omen is a classic, but suffered from sequelitis.

Thanks, Harr-, erm, Notyour. I remember seeing the 1968 AMNsD on PBS in my mid-teens and being enchanted.  Especially by Dame Helen.  I seem to recall her in a film production of As You Like It, from around that time, as well.  Also a bard play with forest hijinks so it's possible I'm conflating.
Whilst a scantily clad young Bilbo holds no real attraction to me.... Dame Helen was in a bunch of those BBC Shakespeares and always great. And fetching.

Did you think NYASP was me? It is not. I thought OCB.

NotYourAverageSockPuppet

• View Profile
« Reply #461 on: July 28, 2022, 07:58:01 PM »

Not Hairy.  I was thinking Harrie Butz.  The vegetable report over in Garden was my clue.  That, and a certain style, suggested our former Nutmeg State regular.

You are not wrong.  Just remember that the outing-someone-based-on-their-writing-style sword cuts two ways, Bart -- er, sardine -- er, knox. 
(The whole vegetable report comment has me a little mystified, but so be it.)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #462 on: August 08, 2022, 05:08:24 PM »

Rest in peace to Olivia Newton John. My only memory of her was that she was one of my neighbors when I lived in Malibu, and Olivia was friends with the lady who I rented a room from. At that time Princess Diana was going to buy a house next door to Olivia in Malibu with Dodi Fayed, and everyone was excited to have Princess Diana as a neighbor in Malibu. Then, Princess Diana died in a car crash and everyone in Malibu was sad. I never met Olivia but I know where her house was, and we lived in Malibu at the same time.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #463 on: August 09, 2022, 04:02:01 PM »

Robert Redford is helping the Native American Indians to open a new movie studio in New Mexico, my Mother told me about it, I think that is great. Robert Redford is a great man, and it is wonderful that the Native American Indians have a voice now with their own movie studio.

I guess the studio that my Mother was telling me about is Camel Rock Studios.

https://www.facebook.com/camelrockstudios/

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2022, 04:22:32 PM by FlyingVProd »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #464 on: August 09, 2022, 06:40:02 PM »

I have an idea for a television show based on a short story that I wrote titled "Progress" and it is about an Attorney in the Wild West, the railroad took their farm and forced them into poverty, two of the Brothers became train robbers, and they sent the other Brother to Law School. His name is Jimmy Corvalis, and he is smart with the Law and he is fast with a gun. He is like a mix between Clint Eastwood and Perry Mason. And to make it something that the Native American Indians would want to be involved with is that some of the characters in the television show can be Native American Indian characters and they can talk about Native American Issues in the time of the Wild West.

And for me, my ancestors were Cowboys and Native American Indians, I need to do my DNA test, but I am sure that I have both Cowboys and Indians in my family tree. When you tell the story of the Cowboys then you need to also include the story of the Indians, and some great shows can be shot at the new Indigenous peoples studio in New Mexico.

Salute,

Tony V.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 52