Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1186 1187 [1188] 1189 1190 ... 1850

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 942443 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #17805 on: March 26, 2021, 01:50:58 AM »

Burks is excellent defending off guards and smaller wings. He has trouble against bigger and more athletic guys. He’s got more technique than pop defensively.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #17806 on: March 26, 2021, 02:10:12 AM »

His on ball D is okay.
But he's poor on rotations, bad on closeouts and loses guys who go in motion.

Randle and Burks have played well this year.  And helped win games single-handedly.  But when there's a defensive breakdown, it's usually one of those two.  I've noted that teams have taken to forcing Randle to defend in space on the perimeter. 

If we want to be more than a .500 team, these small issues are important.

And yes, the flipside is NYK can/should improve their offense.  I can also note Elf's weak 3-point shooting, Noel and Mitch's lack of range, RJB's inconsistency, Bullox sometimes offensive passivity -- and I've mentioned all those in the past -- but those are more obvious player limitations that everyone is fully aware of.

But I'm largely convinced that a bona fide starting PG would rev up the offense.  And that that's mainly the issue on O.
Wonder if our 1st round pick (Obit or TyH) and Knox + Franc could have gotten LaMelo.  Wonder how our team would be if we drafted a winner such as TyH ...
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #17807 on: March 26, 2021, 02:10:50 AM »

More help for you Czarlos:

kiid = nobody
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #17808 on: March 26, 2021, 02:58:36 AM »

Only time to watch the first 6 minutes, but Randle's D gets a D- so far
2 bad defensive plays
- late Randle rotation resulting in a poor foul on a Len roll to the hoop
- lazily getting back in transition allowing an easy Wiz fastbreak with 6 mins left.

3 other iffy plays on D
- not coming out for a Beal and later a Westbrook midrange J
- slow at getting back in transition after his man Len released; Franc was back but the pass just went over Franc.

Pluses:
- first possession Randle did double Westbrook and deflected his pass out, but Wiz retained.
- on a Beal drive Randle did rotate early and was in good position, but couldn't stop Beal

Knix were down 18-9 and Randle's D part of the reason.  He also had a poor defensive 1Q last game v. Wiz.  the other main Knick defensive miscue was RJB fouling a 3-point shot.  But usually his closeouts are textbook.  RJB got off to a rough start, missing a pair of 3's and gviing Wiz 3 FT's.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #17809 on: March 26, 2021, 03:57:15 AM »

But I'm largely convinced that a bona fide starting PG would rev up the offense.  And that that's mainly the issue on O.

You’ve gotten a few brief glimpses with Rose out there. I thought it looked pretty good.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17810 on: March 26, 2021, 10:40:33 AM »

Randle and Burks have played well this year.  And helped win games single-handedly.  But when there's a defensive breakdown, it's usually one of those two.  I've noted that teams have taken to forcing Randle to defend in space on the perimeter.

Good awareness

Both very valuable players who will be retained (if not in Randle's case dealt for value)

Who, given their overall game, should be here moving forward.  (If we let AB go, Leon has failed)

All the dissecting is fluff that can be debated - but nobody wants to go back at you in  this space - sorry - its just not worth it.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17811 on: March 26, 2021, 10:44:37 AM »

But I'm largely convinced that a bona fide starting PG would rev up the offense.

Lonzo, come on down.

In your opinion, how many exist across the NBA?  And are some that are NOT "bona fide" capable of becoming so? 

I'd remind you that you were BEHIND not adding certain PG studs - due to cost.

You have also degraded some pretty darn good players at the position, such as Schroder - in the past - if I recall correctly
« Last Edit: March 26, 2021, 10:48:48 AM by kidcarter8 »
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
The Revenge of BoZ
« Reply #17812 on: March 26, 2021, 12:46:31 PM »

kiid = nobody

He is and will always be CHAMACO CARTERO.

He hates nothing more than being called a Mexican name.

Well, maybe he hates me more by now 😁
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: The Revenge of BoZ
« Reply #17813 on: March 26, 2021, 12:51:29 PM »

kiid = nobody

He is and will always be CHAMACO CARTERO.

He hates nothing more than being called a Mexican name.

Well, maybe he hates me more by now 😁

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #17815 on: March 26, 2021, 01:09:56 PM »

In your opinion, how many exist across the NBA?

Lots.  I'd be up for Lonzo.

And are some that are NOT "bona fide" capable of becoming so? 
I'm always on the lookout for backup Pg's who could thrive as starting PG's with more experience.  Back a-ways, I was interested in LAC Bledsoe; MEMf Lowry; OKC RegJax, etc.  Wanted to get Rubio, Dragic and later Brogdon.  Trying to keep an eye on Brunson these days.  Trying to figure out his ceiling.  Nice player.

I'd remind you that you were BEHIND not adding certain PG studs - due to cost.
Our team was in poor shape.  I'd be more open to adding an expensive CP3 or Lowry to a near-.500 team, than to a .340 win team.  But I'd rather look for someone younger.

You have also degraded some pretty darn good players at the position, such as Schroder - in the past - if I recall correctly

You'd want Shroder as NYK PG?
This is only his 3rd year starting in an 8-yera career, and LeBJ is the main facilitator.  Dennis only had two good seasons, one in ATL in his 4th year and last year with OKC when he was a backup playing mostly SG next to other PG's.

A very quick driver.  Not much on defense.  Sloppy at times.  A career 33% 3-point shooter.  Just 31% this year.  Last year was his only year above league average on 3's.  He's best as a backup PG and is mostly a scoring SG in a PG body.
I'd prefer the much cheaper, better shooting, better defending, younger IQ.
I see those two as fairly comparable.  Overall, I find Shroder erratic and unreliable.  Quickly is to, but that's to be expected from a rook.

Fwiw, LAL was willing to trade Shroder, though partly that's because he is looking for a $20M per year extension.  Anyone think the Knix should give Shroder (27) a 4/$80+M contract?  I definitely would not.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2021, 01:14:53 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #17816 on: March 26, 2021, 01:25:46 PM »

ObiT hasn't scored in the last 6 games.
Turns 24 next week.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #17817 on: March 26, 2021, 01:37:57 PM »

Hard pass on Schroeder. Thanks all the same.

I very much like our current roster post trade. I hope we hang on to VP. He’s more than just a tall guy with a good beard. He can do drop coverage, trench warfare, and the high pick game. It’s his third year in the league, but his 12th or 13th as a pro coming from the European system. Terrance could be ready for Thibs now. VP lets Randle play with another floor stretching big. That should be worth a look. It also frees up Taj to spell Randle adding a little punch to our second unit. Poirier is also a recent plant in Brad and Doc’s locker rooms, which never hurts in a series should one occur. Counting on the Lakers to take Drummond off our plate at least in the short term.

Mitch Noel Poirier
Randle Taj Obi
Bullock Knox Ferguson
Barrett Burks Frank
Rose Quickley Payton

Every player on the roster now brings a high degree of athletic force and a decent amount of skill. I wish this was a year we could actually practice, but I think we can still make a nice push.

I need nine more wins to hit my number.

Who among our prognosticators have already seen their predictions surpassed? I remember being on the more optimistic arc of the curve when we started this season.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2021, 01:40:18 PM by facilitatorn »

Richard P. Feynman

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Off with BoZ's head?
« Reply #17818 on: March 26, 2021, 01:43:33 PM »

ObiT hasn't scored in the last 6 games.
Turns 24 next week.

BoZ, you ain't calling him a bust, are you?

I did that with Knox a few months back, and Chip wanted to send me to a Chinese prison camp or a Russian reeducation center, I forgot which.

PS. I still think Knox is a bust. I'll give Toppin until next year.
Czarlos, you're crazy 😜 , you did it again!!!
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Knicks prognosticators
« Reply #17819 on: March 26, 2021, 01:53:59 PM »

I need nine more wins to hit my number.

Who among our prognosticators have already seen their predictions surpassed? I remember being on the more optimistic arc of the curve when we started this season.

I don't remember my number, but I'm sure it's been surpassed by a lot already.

So glad I was DEAD WRONG.

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero
Pages: 1 ... 1186 1187 [1188] 1189 1190 ... 1850