Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

When do yo think the MLB regular season will start?

On time
- 1 (33.3%)
Late, but on or before April 15th
- 0 (0%)
April 16th through April 30th
- 0 (0%)
May 1st through May 15th
- 2 (66.7%)
May 16th through May 31st
- 0 (0%)
Jun1st through June 15th
- 0 (0%)
June 16th through June 30th
- 0 (0%)
After June 30th
- 0 (0%)
No Season
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: February 13, 2022, 10:41:25 PM

Pages: 1 ... 300 301 [302] 303 304 ... 469

Author Topic: Major League Baseball  (Read 295809 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Major League Baseball
« Reply #4515 on: May 24, 2021, 02:37:40 PM »

Sox still have three players (to be named) coming from that trade - one or more which could be from the 2020 draft class.

February 10, 2021: Traded as part of a 3-team trade by the Boston Red Sox with cash to the Kansas City Royals. The New York Mets sent Josh Winckowski (minors) and player to be named later to the Boston Red Sox. The Kansas City Royals sent Franchy Cordero, player to be named later and player to be named later to the Boston Red Sox. The Kansas City Royals sent Khalil Lee to the New York Mets.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4516 on: May 24, 2021, 03:59:09 PM »

On a related note, for all that a 474ft. homer is impressive (and it is), I still don't understand why the Red Sox think Franchy Cordero is the answer to anything.

I never thought BOS figured Franchy to be an answer to anything, except "what can we get for this overrated puss-armed lefthanded hitter that thought it wise to balloon himself".

We'll see what comes of those 3 P2BNL folks, but knock Tendi all you would like, Franchy makes him look like a HOFer.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4518 on: May 27, 2021, 01:51:44 AM »

That was one long game!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4519 on: May 27, 2021, 03:44:18 PM »

On a related note, for all that a 474ft. homer is impressive (and it is), I still don't understand why the Red Sox think Franchy Cordero is the answer to anything.

I never thought BOS figured Franchy to be an answer to anything, except "what can we get for this overrated puss-armed lefthanded hitter that thought it wise to balloon himself".

We'll see what comes of those 3 P2BNL folks, but knock Tendi all you would like, Franchy makes him look like a HOFer.

**May 27: OF Franchy Cordero optioned to Triple-A Worcester
**Though his last swing in a game before this move -- taken on May 23 in Philadelphia -- resulted in a mammoth 474-foot homer, Cordero’s overall body of work simply hasn’t been good enough to keep him on the roster. In 34 games and 102 plate appearances, Cordero is slashing .179/.228/.274 with 37 strikeouts and just the one homer. Without much playing time available for him in Boston, perhaps Cordero can work out his issues with regular playing time.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4520 on: May 28, 2021, 08:55:30 PM »

Miserable night for baseball at Fenway.

So far, a wonderful night for baseball at Fenway.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4521 on: May 28, 2021, 11:16:49 PM »

Miserable night for baseball at Fenway.

So far, a wonderful night for baseball at Fenway.

Took them long enough to call it, but a win for the Red Sox after 5 and a half drenching innings.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4522 on: May 29, 2021, 07:53:08 PM »

Lots of tension, but a solid RS win with way too many men left on base by both teams.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4523 on: May 30, 2021, 01:54:01 PM »

Braves are happy it's raining in NY and they likely won't be on the national broadcast, tonight: Atlanta Braves star Marcell Ozuna was arrested Saturday on charges of aggravated assault by strangulation and battery after police officers said they witnessed him attacking his wife.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/braves-of-ozuna-arrested-on-domestic-violence-charge/ar-AAKwrtR?ocid=BingNews

Of course, the Mets don't want to talk about Mickey Callaway, either.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #4524 on: May 30, 2021, 02:22:53 PM »

Sox rained out.

Chances are they'll fall another 1/2 game behind the never seem to lose anymore Rays.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4525 on: May 30, 2021, 02:25:45 PM »

Sox rained out.

Chances are they'll fall another 1/2 game behind the never seem to lose anymore Rays.

Well the Rays are playing the never seem to hit anymore Phillies.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #4526 on: May 31, 2021, 04:13:02 PM »

Hamilton Samuels welcome to the MLB Forum

I used to internet-know a Hamilton Samuels years ago

lost track of him

Yankees fared no better than the Phils, losing to the Rays today.

F'ing Rays don't lose.

Sox-Astros about to play ball in Houston

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #4527 on: May 31, 2021, 06:36:41 PM »

I think Boone might have some job issues if things don't turn around shortly. 
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #4528 on: June 04, 2021, 11:08:46 PM »

long time between wins in da Bronx.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4529 on: June 05, 2021, 01:31:28 AM »

long time between wins in da Bronx.

May the next wait be roughly 24 hours...
Pages: 1 ... 300 301 [302] 303 304 ... 469