Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

When do yo think the MLB regular season will start?

On time
- 1 (33.3%)
Late, but on or before April 15th
- 0 (0%)
April 16th through April 30th
- 0 (0%)
May 1st through May 15th
- 2 (66.7%)
May 16th through May 31st
- 0 (0%)
Jun1st through June 15th
- 0 (0%)
June 16th through June 30th
- 0 (0%)
After June 30th
- 0 (0%)
No Season
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: February 13, 2022, 10:41:25 PM

Pages: 1 ... 358 359 [360] 361 362 ... 469

Author Topic: Major League Baseball  (Read 295977 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Major League Baseball
« Reply #5385 on: October 06, 2021, 02:09:47 PM »

That home plate ump was brutal early on with a strike zone seemingly determined by whim or coin flip.

Casual fans often thrown off by the TV box.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5386 on: October 06, 2021, 02:11:35 PM »

We all know things.  But most of us know enough not to confuse opinion with fact.

It is not OPINION that if Nevin holds Judge then Stanton is not on second base.  He simply isn't (visual evidence on the replay, which ESPN showed no less than THREE times).  Someone should clue in Rodriguez - and you as well, evidently.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #5387 on: October 06, 2021, 02:12:46 PM »

We all know things.  But most of us know enough not to confuse opinion with fact.

It is not OPINION that if Nevin holds Judge then Stanton is not on second base.  He simply isn't.  Someone should clue in Rodriguez - and you as well, evidently.
That's not what I was referring to.  The FACT is that I've long known I know as much baseball as you  do, but don't presume to know what goes on in a third-base coach's head.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 02:16:38 PM by Yankguy1 »
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5388 on: October 06, 2021, 02:16:33 PM »

That home plate ump was brutal early on with a strike zone seemingly determined by whim or coin flip.

But the report on that ump's "strike" zone aligned with his calling strikes on things well outside the TV box as being questionable.

Casual commenters here are often thrown off by their need to defend the indefensible.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5389 on: October 06, 2021, 02:27:21 PM »

Shhh.....

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #5390 on: October 06, 2021, 02:29:52 PM »

I don't know the commentary on ESPN last night, but I saw the many replays of strikes outside box which ESPN chose to show and heard the home plate ump getting skewered on 'EEI for bad calls for both teams t I know the home plate ump had a very inconsistent zone last night. So kid  drop your know it all bullshit as most here know you are a hot take moron.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5391 on: October 06, 2021, 02:34:20 PM »

The one thing A-Rod did allude to that was right is that umps have different - and unique zones - Alex citing how this particular guy would not call the high pitch on the inner corner to a lefty but WOULD call it on the outer corner.  Showed he did some homework.

Now if he calls the same pitch in the same location 2 different things in the same inning - you got him.

Maybe this was a B- game for the HP.  But I'd be surprised - as these assignments are doled out on efficiency.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5392 on: October 06, 2021, 02:46:06 PM »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5393 on: October 06, 2021, 02:50:21 PM »

The one thing A-Rod did allude to that was right is that umps have different - and unique zones - Alex citing how this particular guy would not call the high pitch on the inner corner to a lefty but WOULD call it on the outer corner.  Showed he did some homework.

Now if he calls the same pitch in the same location 2 different things in the same inning - you got him.

Maybe this was a B- game for the HP.  But I'd be surprised - as these assignments are doled out on efficiency.

Be surprised, Kid.

https://twitter.com/UmpScorecards/status/1445758279246778375?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Some of his "strikes" were more than a baseball's diameter outside the strike zone. He missed high, he missed low, he missed left, and he missed right. He missed down and left more than up or right.

But he missed.

It's not a matter of "casual" fans.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5394 on: October 06, 2021, 03:28:08 PM »

You are going by the box, right?

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5395 on: October 06, 2021, 03:58:59 PM »

Stanton could've played OF and Sanchez DH.

Some wonder why that wasn't the case, last night. Then again, Y pitching gave up 7 BBs.

Sox, a usually free swinging team, looked very patient at the plate. They seemed to be sitting on some pitchers' pitches more than others.

Boone Watch started, yet?

Hopefully, tonight's game will be a better one to watch.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #5396 on: October 06, 2021, 04:18:41 PM »

I think the marginal chance of Sanchez' maybe running into a pitch wasn't worth the gamble of an OF of Stanton, Judge and Rizzo.

I don't expect Boone to be back, but this year's team was Cashman's.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #5397 on: October 06, 2021, 05:26:54 PM »

I think the marginal chance of Sanchez' maybe running into a pitch wasn't worth the gamble of an OF of Stanton, Judge and Rizzo.

Best O-line in the AL East.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5398 on: October 06, 2021, 05:37:53 PM »

I thought Sanchez had good numbers vs Sox.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5399 on: October 06, 2021, 05:47:57 PM »

You are going by the box, right?

I take it that you did not actually watch the game, then?

They showed us where that umpire has called his strikes all year long, Kid.

It showed us exactly the kinds of strikes he blew last night.
Pages: 1 ... 358 359 [360] 361 362 ... 469