Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

When do yo think the MLB regular season will start?

On time
- 1 (33.3%)
Late, but on or before April 15th
- 0 (0%)
April 16th through April 30th
- 0 (0%)
May 1st through May 15th
- 2 (66.7%)
May 16th through May 31st
- 0 (0%)
Jun1st through June 15th
- 0 (0%)
June 16th through June 30th
- 0 (0%)
After June 30th
- 0 (0%)
No Season
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: February 13, 2022, 10:41:25 PM

Pages: 1 ... 454 455 [456] 457 458 ... 469

Author Topic: Major League Baseball  (Read 295808 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Major League Baseball
« Reply #6825 on: August 02, 2022, 06:58:27 PM »

Ia a move that reshapes the AL Central, Cleveland has traded ian Leon to Minnesota for Sandy Hamilton. I may have those names wrong but I do not think it really matters.

gasp!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6826 on: August 02, 2022, 07:11:02 PM »

Upgrade at 1B for the Red Sox:
https://www.mlb.com/news/eric-hosmer-rejects-trade-to-nationals

Still no idea what the Sox are giving up in this trade - part of me expects it to be one of our better starting pitchers.

Does Dalbec learn to play the outfield? Arm's strong enough, but I think he's way too slow. 3rd base for the time being, while we wait for Dever's return, with Arroyo moved to 2nd?

Who knows. But I can hope this is the end of the Cordero at 1st Base experiment...

once Hosmer recovers from his neck strain, that is.

We sent our #11 prospect. They sent their #11 and #26 prospects. They apparently also sent money to help pay for Hosmer's salary.

He can live in Acton, MA:

https://www.actonhistoricalsociety.org/hosmer-house.html
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6827 on: August 02, 2022, 07:43:37 PM »

Damn good Sox infield next year if Xander stays.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6828 on: August 02, 2022, 08:07:59 PM »

Damn good Sox infield next year if Xander stays.

And if Story recovers.

Cassas will be there if he can get his AAA hitting up to align with everything before - or if he comes up and does it at the Major League level.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6829 on: August 02, 2022, 09:33:02 PM »

Over Hosmer?  Get out a town.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6830 on: August 02, 2022, 10:15:12 PM »

Over Hosmer?  Get out a town.

If Hosmer hits at Fenway and the AL East parks as he has in his career, then nobody is moving him out of the line-up. And if JD is not back next year, the DH spot will need filling.

I don't know what change he made, but if he can keep his numbers vs. lefties up and return his numbers vs. righties back to where they have usually been, then I'll have no complaints.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6831 on: August 02, 2022, 11:40:23 PM »

The Post-Vazquez Red Sox are a lot better with Pham in the outfield instead of Cordero. And with Devers in the line-up instead of not!

Hey, tomorrow, maybe both Devers and Bogaerts!

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6832 on: August 02, 2022, 11:41:04 PM »

Goodbye, Vin Scully.

bosox26d

• View Profile
« Reply #6833 on: August 03, 2022, 02:27:34 AM »

So the Red Sox pitching  staff which would have trouble in a beer league trades away one of them.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6834 on: August 03, 2022, 03:19:41 AM »

So the Red Sox pitching  staff which would have trouble in a beer league trades away one of them.

Groom wasn't going to impact this year's team or if he was then we would have been in more trouble than he could have helped to solve!

Bloom says:
"I think there's a lot of different things we were trying to accomplish. We wanted to give this group a chance at the postseason," said Bloom. "I do think they have that chance. People who felt this group was good enough to make a run at it a few days ago, in my opinion, should still feel that way. This group looks a little different, but I don't think it

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6836 on: August 03, 2022, 12:30:34 PM »

Castillo vs Cole playoff preview today

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6837 on: August 03, 2022, 03:26:20 PM »

Another day, another injured pitcher for the Red Sox.

Castillo vs Cole playoff preview today

Looks like Castillo got the better of this one, though it's out of Castillo's hands now, at 7-3.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6838 on: August 03, 2022, 05:56:15 PM »

Orioles Rays Guardians White Sox Twins win again

Crazy AL

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6839 on: August 04, 2022, 06:49:50 PM »

Didi Gregorius and Jackie Bradley Jr. were both released today. Does a team pick up either one?

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.
Pages: 1 ... 454 455 [456] 457 458 ... 469