Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 346 347 [348] 349 350 ... 1849

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 926517 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #5205 on: April 11, 2019, 09:27:58 AM »

Smart injury a killer for BOS.  They still should defeat IND, but I think that's enough to rescind having them beat MIL in the 2nd round.  He makes plays, provides energy and is their best defender.  Maybe BOS rallies, Kyrie goes nuts, or Playoff Rozier returns.  But looks like the decks clear for a MIL-TOR East final.
[Smelts over Buckaroos had been my East upset]

Heh

Now you are right either way

Nice

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5206 on: April 11, 2019, 09:30:33 AM »

Key to Utah-Hou is MITCHELL, plain and simple.

No.  He will not get it done.

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #5207 on: April 11, 2019, 12:45:23 PM »

Nobody uses a straw man the way Kid uses a straw man.

Imagine gloating "He's Back!!!" after Jimmer looked like trash while playing garbage minutes for the worst team in the conference. Now imagine doing so without a hint of embarrassment.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #5208 on: April 11, 2019, 12:56:00 PM »

Well, I don't need to decide on a 2nd round matchup yet.
But now I'll likely take MIL, especially if Brogdon returns and Smart is out.  I had already planned to go bold with BOS over #1 MIL.  But Smart is really a key player for them.  And BOS never pulled things together.

As for PHX, I'm wondering what their backcourt will look like next year.  I assume they'll try to add a starting PG somehow.  Imagine they'd love to draft Ja Morant.

Looks like Suns have a crowded backcourt.
Tyler Johnson is going to opt-in for $19M
Okobo & Melton are signed for next year at Jimmer money. 
2nd round PG's don't usually amount to much.  And both shot 39% FG and 30% on 3's.  One or both might really be just an SG who can't shoot.  But they are young and have guaranteed contracts. 

Dev Book is the starting SG.
So that's 4 G's.

Troy Daniels should have inside track ahead of Jimmer, though could cost more.  But younger and knows the team/system.
So if they keep Daniels, that's 5 G's, with Jimmer hoping to be 6th.  There's also Craw, who also would compete with JimJam for vet bench scorer who doesn't defend.  Though you'd think Craw would want to be on a playoff team.  Not even sure why he was in PHX.

And I suspect PHX will try to draft or trade for a starting caliber PG.  Could always toss a Melton or Okobo into such a deal, but the backcourt numbers start adding up.  Okobo, Melton, Daniels make it hard to give a roster space to Jimmer.  Would they really let Daniels and Craw leave to keep JimJam.  Crowded backcourt without many proven options -- outside Booker.

If I were running PHX, Book, Ayton and at least one of Bridges/Uber would be my young core.  Everybody else would be expendable.  And I'd be working hard to figure out ways to get a young starting PG.  I'd want to re-sign Uber so you then could trade Bridges or Uber if needed.

Otherwise, I'd assume Bender is out.  Who knows if they sign Uber.  They might let him go and try to add a shooting F.  Add a wing who can can 3's and that would weigh against Jimmer.  Keeping Uber helps Jimmer's case.  Btw, I saw something last week that said Uber led the league in deflections (not sure where to find such a stat).

In 40 PHX games, Ube: 17 Pts, 5 Boards, 1.6 Ass, 1.4 Steals, 1 .0 blocks.  45 / 33 / 76 shooting splits.  4 FTA's.
Half a season on a crap team.  But he fit in and asserted himself.
Probably depends what Uber can command.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 01:12:17 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5209 on: April 11, 2019, 01:59:01 PM »

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5210 on: April 11, 2019, 02:28:20 PM »

Imagine gloating "He's Back!!!" after Jimmer looked like trash while playing garbage minutes for the worst team in the conference. Now imagine doing so without a hint of embarrassment.

Played well, actually.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5212 on: April 11, 2019, 02:35:03 PM »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #5213 on: April 11, 2019, 03:55:46 PM »

Played well, actually.

Jimmer crushed it.

Shot .278 overall and .000 on over 2 threes a game while playing his usual stellar defense. That’s why he got so much run, 10 minutes a game.

Big 3 or overseas for not so young Jimmer.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Jerrya

• View Profile
« Reply #5214 on: April 11, 2019, 05:30:30 PM »

It's over, but how can you rationally explain this.   We are one of the biggest markets in the league and we finish with the worse record...can't believe it.  Something has got to change.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #5215 on: April 11, 2019, 06:38:10 PM »

There are many twists and turns on the road from sucking to not sucking. It’s also taken us an incredibly long time to decide on an actual tear down rather than a patch up job on the roster.

There’s no guarantee the next moves will trend is back toward competitive basketball let alone contention, but we have a lot of options now.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5216 on: April 11, 2019, 07:16:22 PM »

I could give you a guarantee with a different coach - and there will be some good ones available.  6-8 spot next year. with the right guy.   Could Fiz do it?  I'd be surprised but content.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5217 on: April 11, 2019, 08:15:10 PM »

Well, I don't need to decide on a 2nd round matchup yet.
But now I'll likely take MIL, especially if Brogdon returns and Smart is out.  I had already planned to go bold with BOS over #1 MIL.  But Smart is really a key player for them.  And BOS never pulled things together.

As for PHX, I'm wondering what their backcourt will look like next year.  I assume they'll try to add a starting PG somehow.  Imagine they'd love to draft Ja Morant.

Looks like Suns have a crowded backcourt.
Tyler Johnson is going to opt-in for $19M
Okobo & Melton are signed for next year at Jimmer money. 
2nd round PG's don't usually amount to much.  And both shot 39% FG and 30% on 3's.  One or both might really be just an SG who can't shoot.  But they are young and have guaranteed contracts. 

Dev Book is the starting SG.
So that's 4 G's.

Troy Daniels should have inside track ahead of Jimmer, though could cost more.  But younger and knows the team/system.
So if they keep Daniels, that's 5 G's, with Jimmer hoping to be 6th.  There's also Craw, who also would compete with JimJam for vet bench scorer who doesn't defend.  Though you'd think Craw would want to be on a playoff team.  Not even sure why he was in PHX.

And I suspect PHX will try to draft or trade for a starting caliber PG.  Could always toss a Melton or Okobo into such a deal, but the backcourt numbers start adding up.  Okobo, Melton, Daniels make it hard to give a roster space to Jimmer.  Would they really let Daniels and Craw leave to keep JimJam.  Crowded backcourt without many proven options -- outside Booker.

If I were running PHX, Book, Ayton and at least one of Bridges/Uber would be my young core.  Everybody else would be expendable.  And I'd be working hard to figure out ways to get a young starting PG.  I'd want to re-sign Uber so you then could trade Bridges or Uber if needed.

Otherwise, I'd assume Bender is out.  Who knows if they sign Uber.  They might let him go and try to add a shooting F.  Add a wing who can can 3's and that would weigh against Jimmer.  Keeping Uber helps Jimmer's case.  Btw, I saw something last week that said Uber led the league in deflections (not sure where to find such a stat).

In 40 PHX games, Ube: 17 Pts, 5 Boards, 1.6 Ass, 1.4 Steals, 1 .0 blocks.  45 / 33 / 76 shooting splits.  4 FTA's.
Half a season on a crap team.  But he fit in and asserted himself.
Probably depends what Uber can command.

I project Oubre to be a Sun, as they will match even if it is stupid money (bird in hand).  Gone are  Bender - and Daniels - and very likely Crawford.

I agree Suns seek a court general.  And Marant would be perfect.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5218 on: April 11, 2019, 08:18:40 PM »

Marant, Booker, Jackson, Warren, Ayton

Bridges, Johnson (1 year), Oubre, add a big, add another

Jimmer and whoever........

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5219 on: April 11, 2019, 08:19:15 PM »

Also would not discount Jimmer being in a deal.
Pages: 1 ... 346 347 [348] 349 350 ... 1849