Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 566 567 [568] 569 570 ... 577

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 121966 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #8505 on: May 09, 2024, 11:59:26 PM »

If there was going to be a fan of stop and frisk on this forum it would very likely be an idiot who pretends to be from Australia.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8506 on: May 10, 2024, 02:49:36 AM »

If there was going to be a fan of stop and frisk on this forum it would very likely be an idiot who pretends to be from Australia.

Forum management know where I'm from...they're computer experts.
You can't get emails ending in .com.au if you're not from the land of the kangaroos.

Cops only have approval to stop, wand, then act if a knife is found....in certain areas...like around shopping centres, pubs, clubs etc.
Bishop stabbed in his church, kung fu master stabbed lover, her young son, and her ex husband to death, man stabbed in the back in Perth WA by a radicalised teen last week, a woman was stabbed outside a gym the other day...and the horror of the Westfield mall stabbing murders.

Too much stabbing, the People are screaming out for protection, so the govt acted, passed new laws, can't now buy a knife until age 18...and stop and wand.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2024, 02:57:13 AM by bambu. »
Comparison is the thief of joy.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #8507 on: May 10, 2024, 04:23:37 AM »

Since Australians eat with their faces directly in the trough, a knife ban should not affect dinner manners at all.

Are you still allowed letter openers? Can you be trusted that far?
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8508 on: May 10, 2024, 05:49:29 AM »

Since Australians eat with their faces directly in the trough, a knife ban should not affect dinner manners at all.

Are you still allowed letter openers? Can you be trusted that far?

Think you'd need a good excuse and be able to do some very fast talking if you were to fail the wand test and be found to be carrying a 6" long metal letter opener on your person.
Cops would likely say "weapon" and assist you into the "dog box" on the back of their truck and cart you off to the police cells.
I'd hate the "dog box" and the police cells, so I'm very careful how I move around society, what I say and what I carry on my person, in by bag and in my car.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #8509 on: May 10, 2024, 06:49:02 AM »

You should be moved around strapped to a cart with a bite muzzle strapped to you or not at all, Bambi.

You cannot even be trusted with nail clippers.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #8510 on: May 10, 2024, 03:49:54 PM »

They have a new cream out for Vitalego, which is white spots on the skin, I have suffered from it since I was a teen, it is harmless but looks bad and may scare the women away as they may think it is something dirty and dangerous, it is great they have a cure for it now so that the teens of today do not have to experience the negative aspect that I experienced. It is too late to help me, but it can help the teens of today. For me it is not bad, and it does not bother me anymore.

And I hate all of the crime, and we all have to own guns in America, luckily Anaheim is nice, but it is still dangerous, and the trains are dangerous, etc. Sometimes I think it would be nice just to go live on an island in Greece where they have zero crime, and I tried to move to Rome where they are all good Catholics. Malibu is nice, but you need gates, and cameras, and dogs, and a gun, etc. And Spielberg has Body Guards here in Santa Monica. Brando bought an island in Tahiti, but I like Greece better, and I would go live like Aristotle, I could read, and study, and teach, and write, and make films, etc, Rome has Cinecitta, etc. And I went to Cannes, and Cannes is nice, I would not mind living in Cannes, and I could make movies at the Victorine studios in Nice, France. I am completely repelled by crime and violence at this point in my life, I do not even like the new stupid movies where they just fight and kill people for 2 hours, there is no entertainment in watching violence. I would rather watch a good Romance, or a good comedy, and if there is violence then it must be a good movie like "Spartacus" and "Braveheart" and "Patton," and "Once Upon a Time in America, " etc. Anyhow I am impressed more by kindness and good deeds at this point in life, and there is no thrill in violence at this point. And at the end, there is Leisure World in Laguna Beach where people retire to die, they drink champagne and eat strawberries by the swimming pool, and they have great food, and they ride horses on the beach at night, it is where the rich people go to die.

And we need to invest more money into the Peace Corps. And I support Kiwanis, and the United Nations, and UNICEF, and Pope Francis, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #8511 on: May 10, 2024, 05:04:07 PM »

Michael Jackson had vitalgo.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #8512 on: May 10, 2024, 07:48:39 PM »

Michael Jackson had vitalgo.

Yes, he made the ailment famous.

My Mother met Michael Jackson here in Hollywood, she worked for a company named Applied Entertainment, and Sequoia Creative, and they made King Kong for Universal Studios, and they made the Conan the Barbarian set at Universal, etc, and they built the stage set for Michael Jackson for his world tour, and Michael used to come to her work and he used to watch the progress of his stage set and he would give them his input, etc, she said he was a nice guy, she liked him, she said he was kind and down to earth. It is too bad that he had so many problems.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8513 on: May 10, 2024, 08:43:17 PM »

Team bambu attended Michael's concert in Sydney.
It was great. "Happy wife, happy life" (within reason, of course).

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #8514 on: May 10, 2024, 08:58:56 PM »

You can't get emails ending in .com.au if you're not from the land of the kangaroos.

Nonsense.  Anyone, in about 90% of the world's nations, can set up an account with an VPN server.  And get a foreign IP address and email.

And "forum management" here is not a computer expert by the remotest stretch of imagination.  If the site owner ever emerges from hiding, I would be happy to offer my services.  I could eliminate spam, future spam accounts, SSL certificate problems, and apostrophe/non-AASCI character glitches in about an hour.   And guide the owner to switching us to https, instead of http.  Maybe bring a few locked out members back, of interested.
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #8515 on: May 10, 2024, 09:41:34 PM »

Nonsense.  Anyone, in about 90% of the world's nations, can set up an account with an VPN server.  And get a foreign IP address and email.

And "forum management" here is not a computer expert by the remotest stretch of imagination.  If the site owner ever emerges from hiding, I would be happy to offer my services.  I could eliminate spam, future spam accounts, SSL certificate problems, and apostrophe/non-AASCI character glitches in about an hour.   And guide the owner to switching us to https, instead of http.  Maybe bring a few locked out members back, of interested.
Oiled(Barton) is an expert you understand. Through his many part time jobs he once delivered Chipotle to Hillary while she set up a private server.
You may have read about that.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #8516 on: May 11, 2024, 01:01:46 AM »

You on the other hand are a tiny and worthless flaccid penis, Red.

Your headstone will read Here lies a tiny and worthless flaccid penis for you to piss on.

Now you have something to look forward to and to give your life some meaning.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8517 on: May 11, 2024, 08:21:17 AM »

Oiled(Barton) is an expert you understand. Through his many part time jobs he once delivered Chipotle to Hillary while she set up a private server.
You may have read about that.
One of his part time jobs involved covering the death of Charles Hughes four years before he was born.
Sam: Those sons of bitches, they got him right through the neck.

Suzy: Was he a good dog?

Sam: Who's to say? But he didn't deserve to die.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8518 on: May 11, 2024, 08:22:29 AM »

I think liq is like the Deist conception of God. We are on our own.
Sam: Those sons of bitches, they got him right through the neck.

Suzy: Was he a good dog?

Sam: Who's to say? But he didn't deserve to die.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #8519 on: May 11, 2024, 05:50:21 PM »

I had a dad, big and tall

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 566 567 [568] 569 570 ... 577