Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2734 2735 [2736]

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 504895 times)

jmmengel

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #41025 on: Today at 02:48:23 PM »

The problem with touting the performance today of the Dow is that the index contains just 30 stocks.
Most of them represent old money.
Over the past 4 1/2 years, it is up 41%, while the S&P (new money)has risen 68%; the gap reached 30 percentage points last month. The Dow has remained that far behind.
LOL. So that is the take your right wing web sites are relying on? "Sure the Dow is performing well under Biden, but the S&P is doing even better"!
Of course. Since doing better is only a relative term. You, like most non investors, jumped on the headlines about the Dow but do not read past those headlines. The news is good, to be sure.  But still a long way to overcome the Biden inflation and get back to lower interest rates.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41026 on: Today at 04:27:39 PM »

The news is good, to be sure. 
I think that is as close as you can come to admitting we have under Biden a fundamentally strong economy with an inflation problem. I will have to take it..
still a long way to overcome the Biden inflation and get back to lower interest rates.
It is "Biden inflation" in the same way it was "Trump unemployment" in 2020.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41027 on: Today at 05:31:24 PM »

The nice thing about having trump confined to a courtroom is that you do not hear as much right wing hateful idiotic politics as you normally would. His acolytes are nicely cowering under tables and whimpering to one another instead of badgering the general population as they normally prefer. It is nice when that vomit stream of violent projection and lies is at a low ebb for whatever reason.

America makes good progress and is a better place in the process under these conditions. We just have to stay focused on white boy right wing terror cells and break them up hard before the operationalize and hatch their plots. Republicans can ever take a loss or a win with any kind of grace.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #41028 on: Today at 05:31:31 PM »

I think that is as close as you can come to admitting we have under Biden a fundamentally strong economy with an inflation problem. I will have to take it..
still a long way to overcome the Biden inflation and get back to lower interest rates.
If you say so.  But then I would expect no less than that from you since Biden campaigned as the adult in the room  in 2020  and was going to settle everything down.
With 18 per cent inflation, tossing favors Willynilly to his voting base, a foreign policy worse  than Obama, he better hope Fat Albert delivers a guilty verdict in New York or Biden will be a one timer.  ( reports from the trial today had the leftist media worried that Cohen and his latest lie may doom the prosecution).

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #41029 on: Today at 05:34:06 PM »

If you say so.  But then I would expect no less than that from you since Biden campaigned as the adult in the room  in 2020  and was going to settle everything down.
With 18 per cent inflation, tossing favors Willynilly to his voting base, a foreign policy worse  than Obama, he better hope Fat Albert delivers a guilty verdict in New York or Biden will be a one timer.  ( reports from the trial today had the leftist media worried that Cohen and his latest lie may doom the prosecution).

We are sorry you died in the plague, Grandma. The wonders of the present day would have astounded you.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #41030 on: Today at 06:03:39 PM »

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #41031 on: Today at 06:15:39 PM »

Republicans have called up their army of crooks and thugs

http://votingbooth.media/trump-loyalists-preview-strategies-to-upend-2024-election/

Richard P. Feynman

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #41032 on: Today at 06:54:02 PM »

16 US House democrats joined the GOP telling Biden to send the Congressionally approved Israeli arms package.
Pages: 1 ... 2734 2735 [2736]